Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    but you get a different variation of the already present skill trees.
    The question would then be what would make people want to buy the another skill tree? It would have to somehow be better than a previous one to make people want one. The only balanced tree I can think of is one that switches weapon priority. Launcher skills over assult rifle, for example, if rifle skills are the default. But could you charge people for that. Just another thing to look in to when the closed beta starts.

It's not entirely clear, but as long as I don't have to pay to access my room and player shops like I did in PSU, that's fine. I don't really care if anyone else can access my room, and I doubt I'll have anything worth selling in a shop before the U.S. version comes out.

Was it ever said that these skill trees you can buy are different from the current ones, if so that's weird. If it's how I think it is, which is just the ability to have access to an extra skill tree that you can switch too on the fly, that would be awesome. The ability to have multiple builds isn't something new to ORPGs. Sometimes people want to try new builds without having to respec completely or make a new character. Although, most ORPGs let you do this by paying an amount of ingame currency, not actual money.

I for one would like to have multiple builds, mainly so I could have a defensive build and an offensive build on my Hunter or a support and an offensive build on Force.
    Last edited by NoGoBoard; Mar 28, 2012 at 09:58 AM.

I have no problems with this so far.

As I was already willing to pay for downloading the game and paying a monthly fee. I'm ok with paying for the room and the other system related items. Especially if it's Less than $60 (the price of a standard PS3/Xbox/360 game.

The Skill tree expansion thing has me interested; as Mike said it wasn't clear yet. I kinda hope I can buy skills from different classes even if it's nerfed for me.

I don't know about everyone else, but I liked in PSOriginal everyone could do some form of magic.

DEFINITELY BUYING RESTA.

Edit: But wait! I'll have to pay for Scape dolls!?!?!?

.....*groan*...... I guess.... since moon atomizers will be ingame normally. I can probably deal with that.
    Last edited by Strider_M; Mar 28, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

I hope they don't make the base exp so low that buying an exp booster monthly becomes nearly practically requisite. Aside from that I think everything seems pretty reasonable. I mean, there's got to be enough incentive to buy stuff that Sega can make back what it cost to make the game.

Buying a monthly exp and drop rate booster probably won't be much more than a monthly subscription anyway.

I am encouraged by what I see. Nothing seems ridiculous as long as the prices arnt terrible for the timed items. The only problem I have is scape dolls...I hope they are still a rare drop in the game itself and not CS only. But the rest is great. I would definitely be willing to pay my 10 bucks a month to keep the game going from these options

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
    I think free to play is something phantasy star needs in order to grow. This model will atract tons of new people and possibly future fans of the series. This is just my view point on the topic
    I'm with the DayDreamer on this. It gets the Phantasy Star name out there.
    If Sega follows publishers like AeriaGames with pre-paid cards and so on I wouldn't complain.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

Was really hoping there wouldn't be any kind of EXP/rare boosts available, shame.

Having to pay to get access to the trader seems stupid. Does this mean players can't trade any items if they don't pay up?

Massive, massive disappointment. The game being free to download helps cut costs severely but I still don't like the idea of buying...well, pretty much everything.

I think a more pressing question would be: what CAN you do without the cash shop? Not a lot, by the look of things. Would much rather pay a monthly fee as this could end up being far more expensive in the end.

Edit: If it sounds like I'm being overly negative, it's because I loved Alpha and this is definitely the game I want to play. Having so much stuff as cash-shop only is a huge turn off for me.
    Last edited by Neith; Mar 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

All of those system options better be a permanent buy.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Wow that sucks. I don't understand why they can't sell the game and have a system like Guild Wars. Cash Shop is good as long as you can get the items / stuff by hunting. I think they'll change it though because people WILL complain and they've been listening.