Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767 ... LastLast
    Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Red face I get the feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Longstride View Post
    English localization, if done in Europe, could actually be better (as in, REAL actors and better translation instead of the half-assed stuff that SOA does). Maybe this is a good thing. I have no problem with playing on European servers.
    It would be better than nothing. I have a feeling that PC will be for japan and a console version will be for America. That way they can control the hacks easier...in their minds.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

When the beta comes out people can always data mine it and see if they have worked on the translations. If they did we will get it (I can guarantee we will get it anyways), if not it's canceled. They could have worked on something, even the smallest thing like the start menu.
    Last edited by Ark22; Mar 31, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

I wouldn't mind playing with only subs and original Japanese voices. I don't see why it couldn't be a possibility. Menus and items translated? Cool. Subs for whenever someone opens their mouth as an option? Awesome. I could go for just that. Needless to say, a lot of money would be saved.

Since pso2 will be f2p I wonder if they will be IP-blocking non-japan countries, or if they will allow us to play on the jp servers at all. I kinda wanan try the game, even though I cannot read japanese, I can place kanji etc with items and such via trial and error (hell i cleared ff8 japanese ver with no help this way).

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Longstride View Post
    I have no problem with playing on European servers.
    Be careful what you say there. You want the game to have as much lag as westerners playing the alpha through the whole game?

Beating on a monster only to see a clusterfuck of damage pop-up 30 seconds later does not sound fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Be careful what you say there. You want the game to have as much lag as westerners playing the alpha through the whole game?

Beating on a monster only to see a clusterfuck of damage pop-up 30 seconds later does not sound fun to me.
    Europe is a lot closer to North America than Japan is. And besides, Japanese players complained about lag as well from what I hear, so I don't think server location actually has as big an effect on latency as what you're describing. The way the internet works, locale-based latency differences are a matter of milliseconds.

when the game does come out in North America, i hope they do put up servers located in North America, and lable them "English friendly". i would rather play on servers not located overseas and have a higher English speaking population. they could also update the English servers at usual NA maitainence hours and not at JP hours, so we dont have servers going down in the middle of the day/early night.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveRappy View Post
    when the game does come out in North America, i hope they do put up servers located in North America, and lable them "English friendly". i would rather play on servers not located overseas and have a higher English speaking population. they could also update the English servers at usual NA maitainence hours and not at JP hours, so we dont have servers going down in the middle of the day/early night.
    Brazilian players never usually care. If they see "F2P", they're going to swarm it and generate language barriers. I don't think Eastern players will hang around with us if they don't have to.

u gibe arkz cash? huehuehue

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post

The lag does mainly appear at the server or on the last mile connected to the backbone. The backbone itself is incredibly fast. With todays technology i think we can reduce stuff, world wide, to a fraction of a second. Light itself can travel six times around the planet in a single second, fibre connection can theoretically be done with close to lightspeed.

When i played on WoW US server from EU, some servers was at the west coast of US, close where San Francisco is located, connected to the middle of europe. It had a distance of about 10 000 KM or 6500 air miles. The ms was like 300-400 and it was totaly playable. The distance between middle of EU and Tokyo is exactly the same! The ms between EU destinations is less than 100 ms to me. So, going toward US and JP will increase ms by 3-4 times, but not much more. At below 500 ms most games are playable without issues. Under perfect circumstances 300 ms can be attained which will allow for smooth gameplay even. Much more important is to have a stable connection (i dont trust PS Vita on such terms... the accu could bust up, or the connection itself).

Again, dependable on where the server is located in the US, distance can be same such as middle of EU to Tokyo. But 10 000 KM/6500 miles (air) isnt truly hard to tackle with nowadays technology anymore. Decrease in ms doesnt mean to be unplayable, the majority of those issues is server based. Huge spikes of about 1 second and up, is usualy server created. When a server is bad, even a local user can have like 600 ms (barely playable) and the foreigners will have over 1 s (as a result become almost unplayable), but thats not the cables fault. So, the responsiveness of a server is a sign of quality for all around the world, not foreigners only.

There is some technology which does normalize the ms difference between users (so there is no advantage in reaction time), mainly used in EVEonline (very useful at PVP), but not going into detail because it doesnt apply to PSO (unless proven different). EVEonline does contain users from all around the world, and is connected by endless amount of server clusters. There is 50 000 active users from all around the world connected with each others (they are not separated by any means). Just in order to show the possibilitys from a technical aspect.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 1, 2012 at 08:42 PM.