Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    Probably because most Americans are lazy, and would rather mash buttons that are closer to reach, I.E. the X button. I actually prefer O being the accept/yes button over X, although it does throw me off when I switch from a Japanese-made game to a US-made game.
    I think the older MGS games used O as select too.

But if you look at controller layouts these days, the position of select and cancel are uniform across the controllers... might be part of it.
    Coming Soon!

The old Japanese button layout reflects the SNES layout though doesn't it? Circle is where A was on the SNES controller. X is where B was. Nintendo never made this change since even on the classic controllers for the Wii, A is on the right and B is down. I can't imagine how much of a headache it is for people who also have a 360.

Hey, I remember someone mentioning using the Xbox 360 controller with the Chatpad at one point during the alpha2. Now, I have a question for that person if they're still around: how the hell did you get it working? There is no official Microsoft driver for the chatpad, and the only unofficial driver package I've found requires workarounds for not being digitally signed. That by itself is annoying, but nothing I can't handle. The real issue is, even with the drivers installed and working, I cannot get the damn thing working. Everytime I plug in the Chatpad the little control panel for those drivers immediately reports an error and crashes.

I'd love to use the 360 controller + chatpad for PSO2, but it doesnt. want. to work.

Is it wired or wireless?

http://a3w.ivory.ne.jp/softwares/xpcc_en.html

Try this.

What's suppose to happen when you get it working.

I'll try and find more ways.

Also:

https://code.google.com/p/chatpad-super-driver/
    Last edited by Ark22; Apr 10, 2012 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    It's because in Japanese O means yes and X means no.

It makes a lot of sense if you think about it....
    I have no idea why Sony changed the layout for the western world...
    Because we are a land of digging for oil and gold, and "X" marks the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    Is it wired or wireless?
    [snip]
    It's wired, and I saw that method from the Youtube video. Unfortunately, that requires working through an Xbox 360 console, doing some fancy networking, and paying MS a monthly/yearly fee for some Xbox developer license thing to run the code... not worth it.That's the one I was talking about that I could not get working, even with the drivers successfully installed. I haven't seen any update on the work on that driver package since early this year, so I'm afraid that guy lost interest and I doubt it will see any further development, which is a huge bummer.

Of course, Microsoft should stop being a dick and do the minimal work involved in releasing an actual, official chatpad driver. Doubt that'll happen either, though.

Thanks for trying Ark.
    Last edited by kyuuketsuki; Apr 10, 2012 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!