Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Merik2013 View Post
    my PSO buddies, comes from the fact they Sega West has been so obstinately tight-lipped about.
    That interview posted was conducted during E3 2010. I'm pretty sure that was before the alpha had even stared. Also, PSP2i was a sequel to a game, which probably didn't sell as well in the US as sega had hoped... So they discontinued the series in the US.

PSO2 is a free to play game, once they make a profit from the cash shop they'll most likely begin converting the game to english. The idea of letting sega know that there are people who really want PSO2 to come out in the US is good. But I wouldn't assume anything quite yet. The game hasn't even entered beta yet, and if they do release it in the US it will most likely be a little while after the JP release.

And even if it doesn't come out in the US... You can always just play the JP version. I'm sure there will be plenty of guides showing which stat is which, and what the quest objectives are. And I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a language patch. Whether or not it's allowed or not is a different topic, however.

Just give it some time, and I'm sure things will be ok.

Rainfall worked, but this is Sega, foolishness branch (Aka the branch that serves the US English population. Good bye Valkyria Chronicles 3, all JP voiced intros of Sega games! Still, we have the Eng localization files, so we should be ok.

Petitioning pretty much pointless i feel. They know our opinion, and if they dont, they would not be reading it. I dont even get the point, we do not need a "release" in the west, its a digital copy, no physical one. All we should be worried is the EN translation, because it cant just be done by a foreign translator, else Sega will ban. The EN translation certainly will come, just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenobia View Post
    Petitioning pretty much pointless i feel. They know our opinion, and if they dont, they would not be reading it. I dont even get the point, we do not need a "release" in the west, its a digital copy, no physical one. All we should be worried is the EN translation, because it cant just be done by a foreign translator, else Sega will ban. The EN translation certainly will come, just a matter of time.
    There is a language option in the beta apparently and you think they are just going to leave out English? Really? One of the most prevalent languages on the planet and is the prime language in the biggest game market. Yeah they'll just skip by that one and include Gaelic instead. Just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    yeah, most would think SoJ is not reading are post's but there has been some odd things that have happen from Request or idea's form Our post's that did happen.
    Actually what's more likely is that a Japanese player or players submitted the exact same thing to Sega during one of the alpha tests.

I've signed as a preemptive measure.

You won't be able to get many to sign because there's alot of people who don't know Phantasy Star even exists.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

That's Most likely the case Mike, But at the same time one can only wonder tho. But It might be like they have a request form JP and go to the EN side to see if we have the same request or to see are reaction to a request to see if they have a green light or not and need to tweak it.

everyone - but for development purposes it's better to have one language option to make sure the game is acting accordingly so there won't be to many bug's. EN is in the language options that's your Localization of the game and might even have a different color'd opening SEGA logo in the beginning. So there's no need to worry other then some of the AC options.

Link is not working for me, I'd like to sign.

Personally, I feel internet petitions are a waste a time even more so when it comes to Sega; since they somehow always manage to not get the point, or misinterpret stuff, or somehow foul up something when it comes to the fan requests. Sega always seems to have a kind of tunnel vision when it comes to them executing their gaming projects and seem to leave little room for any kind of outside influence.

I think it's very probable that PSO2 will be localized to the US though since JP isn't exactly known for their PC market and the US is such a prime target now a days. As well as the moderate success of PSOBB. Of course common sense hasn't really been Sega's strong suite either so who knows.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."