Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GameGuard issue wont let me log in

I had some complications when I installed the game at 1st, the "Error 434" when updating, but after some foruming, Imanaged to fix it.

Now, round 2 consists of me vs GameGuard. After it updates and checks that its files are there, the PSO2 logo and GameGuard disappear like if it were to start. Sadly, it doesnt.

Sometimes, it asks me to send a report to GameGuard, and links me to this page afterwards.
    1, 2 and 4 are checked, 3 is pending, but I dont think that updating my Visual Studio 2010 is THAT important right now. And I dont even know how to do the 4th one, so I cant say much about that one.

I've turned off my firewall, antivirus and things alike, or anything that might cause conflict, so it's certainly not any of those.

Help, anyone?

I hate GameGuard... it's so annoying and easy to bypass, I dont get why people still use it nowadays. :/

Ugh, so disappointing to hear Sega is using gameguard again. PSU all over again.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Here's a screenshot of the report.

One of my friends is having the same problem, and we have no idea how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

People? We dont use it out of own will... we are being forced to use! I still want to play my PSO2 because its a great game (not many of those) and everyone here do agree on that. We people would not use GG because cheater could still penetrate it, and all we finally get is a obstacle. Protection need to be server side...

GG isnt causing critical issues on me, however, everytime i want to start Afterburner or another hardware monitoring tool, GG does shut down my game. It does even shut down my game when i open task manager... its a true annoyance, so i cant say that it does not create any impact... i do feel its actions. Someday i even might be getting banned because GG is reporting Sega that i used a illegal task... my hardware monitoring tools... something which isnt used for cheating unless they got in mind that a hardware power up is a cheat... (ok fair enough... we found a cheat already!).

The main issue about hardware monitoring is, that they do need to use the directX API, but that one is being locked down by GG... hilarious. However, there is still a workaround, but i do not feel to secure, because GG is already killing it, unless its started in advance.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM.

Bump, I still need a fix

On a side note, I recently downloaded JDK 7u3 for studying-related topics, and now MineCraft wont work. Can this also affect GameGuard?

I even have issues caused by GG when i open email... it does sometimes crash my game and even the email will be closed down. Being able to read mail several times a day is critical to me... and when i play PSO2 a lot its enjoyable when i can read mail without restarting and relogging the game. I know, email can be used for a game penetrating super spam bot, .. able to cheat the whole communication....really, where do i live?

Seriously... Who else ever spelled out that GG doesnt cause any issues? I want to see those peoples face..

As soon as i got my poor Gamer PC, i get ride of that junk located on my master system, i guarantee. GG does screw up big time on multitasking PCs...
    Of course i could run PSO on a Virtual machine, however, that does decrease my performance and i dont have to much of it...

Besides, actions such as implementing guard software, doesnt decrease risk of cheat when my maths is right, because cheaters feel angered and will put even more sweat into breaking that barrier, especially on a game where accounts basically can be created out of the air... totaly free. I hope Sega will soon enhance the mental limit, which they did already by introducting F2P, but there is still some lacking spots on the full range. Stuff such as DRM is even more useless because some of those stuff is cracked only 2 hours after release (!). Luckily Sega doesnt use DRM... it only would make the experience much worse for "legal users".

There is aswell good reason i dont encrypt my HDD data, because the risk of having security issues using encrypted data is higher than on open data. Encrypted data are interesting for hackers, and they will put massive effort into it in order to reveal its content. So, encryption is a 2 edged sword... and even makes the own access harder.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM.

I'm still fighting with the GameGuard, at least I can play it on my brother's PC, but it would be nice to simply play it on my own, you know? (technically, his is better, since he has a i7)

And coudnt agree any more than you Xenobia, tho I didint know it was THAT troublesome.. so you're telling me that I can't have my g-mail open? That's gonna be a hassle for me too, due to work.. and I dont plan replying on the cellphone, that's gonna take ages.

And funny you mention that you cant use AfterBurner, was playin' it on my brother's PC, and it was working fine, and he didint mention anything about GG bothering it. I, on the other hand, the "legit user," am getting royally screwed by it.. I swear, if we could write a petition to SEGA to change GG to just ANYTHING else, I would sign it without thinking twice.

-casts Reverse on the Thread-
    Seriously, I still need a fix guys, i want to play the CB so bad, but I cant thanks to GameGuard.. anyone? Please?

I'm having this same issue. I really wanted to record footage of my traditional Ranger and Force (Saki and Erin) before I would never see them again due to being dirt broke.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.