Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

E3 , don't worry SEGA is working on something. PSO2 is something they wouldn't miss out on, it's phantasy star after all!

A western release would be nice. but just look a PSU. NA PSU compared to JP PSU... dat shi cray
    i think playing in JP servers would be a better idea

Seperating servers has always been bad, I liked PSO for having the option, challenge mode with Japanese players tended to work better than on EU/US servers. PSU was too seperated even amongst platforms, other games it creates problems, WOW not being able to play EU/US, seems recently more and more MMO are giving the option to role on a sever of your choice across territories.

Even if it is only released on JP initially there are english translation edits for the beta that have been put up for people to edit the game client.

11 years for a true sequel. Hopefully it wont be another 102 for release
    Life's a bitch and so am I

Its kinda impressive that some coders already succeeded into translation of like half the game and they even had to "crack" the access which took them only a few days. Thats a good example how easy it could be done for Sega.

Its not that Sega is not able or something else, just a act of willpower i think. Currently they only focus JP market and no intention to translate, thats why they wont even answer questions regarding this. Although, in future the implemention of EN settings is almost unavoidable. If i would be Sega, it would be translated already, for the sake of economy... not because of compassion. Over time i feel i would get more bucks from rich foreigners which is a increasing market, even in PSO2 its constantly increasing. Mainwhile JP itself kinda is a market which is already over saturated, the potency to increase is much lower.

Besides PSU didnt only suffer from server splitting (and many foreigners used the JP server), it even had a half a..ed support and it was always behind in content and just had less of everything, while still charging full bucks on a P2P condition (honestly, what for?). Im glad that time is over and finally Sega noticed its failure.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 24, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

Honestly I could see SEGA unveiling a US version of this at E3. It would be a smart decision because at the point of development and the shear quality of the game, it would blow some people away. People that weren't already fans of PSO would definitely be converted.
    PSO:BB / PSP2 / PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Itoshi View Post
    Honestly I could see SEGA unveiling a US version of this at E3. It would be a smart decision because at the point of development and the shear quality of the game, it would blow some people away. People that weren't already fans of PSO would definitely be converted.
    Yep, yep it makes the most since~

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Yep, yep it makes the most sense~
    Which is exactly why it's not going to happen. This is Sega we're talking about here.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Which is exactly why it's not going to happen. This is Sega we're talking about here.
    I dunno, Sega has been cleaning up their a- *looks at the cash shop for PSO2*..

o-ok, so maybe there's some cause for concern. *facepalm* SEGA -> <- us.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

I have good experience with JP-players/servers in the past:
    I remember in PSO on the Cube, when a monster dropped a redbox, the players all ran as fast as they could, JUST to SEE what it was. After that, there was a short discussion in bad English who could have it . Very friendly, very helpfull.

In the EU/US servers that was different... U get commands to "F*cking heal.... and give MY buffs..."

Quote Originally Posted by Du1337 View Post
    I have good experience with JP-players/servers in the past:
    I remember in PSO on the Cube, when a monster dropped a redbox, the players all ran as fast as they could, JUST to SEE what it was. After that, there was a short discussion in bad English who could have it . Very friendly, very helpfull.

In the EU/US servers that was different... U get commands to "F*cking heal.... and give MY buffs..."
    I gotta say playing with US PSO players in PSO Ep. 1 & 2, turned me off from being a support character in every other MMO. "I'm not your heal b***h!"