Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    After a certain point, some of the NPCs around town that can accompany you will give out discs if you pick the first option when you talk to them. Echo gives you a deband disc if I remember right.
    hmm i tried talking to all the npcs in town but none of them gave anything, i did do all echo's quests too. maybe u need to do all matter board quests first?
    thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    The Gi- techs function almost exactly like their PSO counterparts. Gifoie is an expanding ring of fireballs, Gizonde is like chain lightning, Gibarta is like a cone of ice (though in this one it hits multiple times).

Gizonde is one of my favorites (and made me go for the zonde tree on my FO). I use it combined with Sazonde a lot. Only problem I've had is that it's easy to miss with the Gizonde blast (you send the initial blast of lightning at a single enemy and if it hits, and only if it hits, it branches out to other enemies).
    I'm completely okay with Gizonde needing an initial target to branch off to other enemies. Makes it less of a "deal a bunch of damage now" button, so it, like most of the other techniques, still requires some aim and skill to pull off.

As for Gibarta hitting multiple times: It's interesting that they went back to this, because Gibarta was actually capable of hitting multiple times in PSOv1 as well. The reason for this was because the individual ice shards that flew out had their own hitboxes, but this also made the technique very unreliable unless you were shotgunning an enemy with it. Effectively, it shot out a wildly-inaccurate series of ice projectiles, so you could in fact actually hit a single target multiple times... It was just tricky and dangerous to do. Gifoie was similar, in that the fireballs could actually hit targets multiple times, because the fireballs themselves had hitboxes to them.

As of Ep I & II, it was changed to just having a conal hit check for Gibarta (so it was much easier to hit with, but could only hit once) and an expanding cylinder for Gifoie (which can also only hit once, but will hit anything that enters the area - even flying enemies and things way up like De Rol Le on the ceiling). Double-edged sword balance measures, but with the added dynamism and more accurate manual aiming in a game like PSO2, they shouldn't be necessary.

Have you gotten to use Gigrants yet? Because it makes me think of Radiant Silvergun, and looks pretty sweet.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post
    The Gi- techs function almost exactly like their PSO counterparts. Gifoie is an expanding ring of fireballs, Gizonde is like chain lightning, Gibarta is like a cone of ice (though in this one it hits multiple times).

Gizonde is one of my favorites (and made me go for the zonde tree on my FO). I use it combined with Sazonde a lot. Only problem I've had is that it's easy to miss with the Gizonde blast (you send the initial blast of lightning at a single enemy and if it hits, and only if it hits, it branches out to other enemies).
    The easy to miss part is easily rectified by simply not using TPS mode. In normal view, all techs will home in on the closest targeted enemy you are facing like they did in PSO. A Force I used on Ship 6 used a pure Zonde build and was fairly successful with auto targeting. Considering that Gizonde will arc to practically all enemies within range, this made charged Gizonde extremely effective.

I have a question regarding techs:

Is there a differentiation between placing them in your weapon palettes as Photon Arts versus placing them on your sub-palette (the 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc. bar in the bottom mid that generally occupies your consumable slots)?

Rather than swapping between three weapons or 9 techs, I ended up using a primary talis weapon with a secondary gunblade (my third weapon was a cane, but I honestly hardly used the thing) I just placed the rest of my spells on two sub-palettes so I didn't have to constantly switch weapons. Whenever I needed to "charge" a spell I just scrolled through them with my D-pad and held down the left trigger.

A bit slower than using the weapon palettes in a sense, but I found it more convenient on the off chance I needed a select tech to use. At this point in CBT, I didn't find the need to use my full arsenal of spells (to be fair, some of them seemed pretty weak) but I suspect as our library of spell increases (assuming they may buff some, or higher level techs increase its usability or with difficulty of progression) it seems like a sub-palette option is more going more and more viable.

So I ask; is there any gained benefits if I cast a spell from a weapon palette versus the sub-palette?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayde View Post
    I have a question regarding techs:

Is there a differentiation between placing them in your weapon palettes as Photon Arts versus placing them on your sub-palette (the 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc. bar in the bottom mid that generally occupies your consumable slots)?

Rather than swapping between three weapons or 9 techs, I ended up using a primary talis weapon with a secondary gunblade (my third weapon was a cane, but I honestly hardly used the thing) I just placed the rest of my spells on two sub-palettes so I didn't have to constantly switch weapons. Whenever I needed to "charge" a spell I just scrolled through them with my D-pad and held down the left trigger.

A bit slower than using the weapon palettes in a sense, but I found it more convenient on the off chance I needed a select tech to use. At this point in CBT, I didn't find the need to use my full arsenal of spells (to be fair, some of them seemed pretty weak) but I suspect as our library of spell increases (assuming they may buff some, or higher level techs increase its usability or with difficulty of progression) it seems like a sub-palette option is more going more and more viable.

So I ask; is there any gained benefits if I cast a spell from a weapon palette versus the sub-palette?
    i dont think so, but the weapon pallete alows for faster use though.
    i just had my same staff slotted 3x with 3 different move-sets. one with the lightning chain on right click as main attack for mobs. one with fire blast for bosses on r click, and one for ice AOE for cave bosses. (and the 2 moves out of these 3 that werent on R click were on my shift-click bars.
    i only put resta in the sub-pallete and was planning to shifta and deband there too but never got those.

bottomline, its just for faster access.

I know that in the 2nd Alpha using attack techs from the pallet did less damage, I didn't test this in the Beta to know if it was changed though.

Its the number of times you get S rank with them in your party.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?NPC%E...83%B3%E3%83%88

There's so much with Forces I didn't get to try! Charging all the spells to see what the difference was, or even just finding all the disks! Couldn't play enough to obtain Grants, Shifta, Deband, Sazonde, and a few others. Can't wait for Open Beta, I know I'm going Ranger first (unless there are some massive nerfs incoming) but Force still looks like a ton of fun.

Quick question about Forces: Can you be a FOcast? IIRC, you couldn't be a Force if you picked to be a robot, but PSO2 lets you switch classes whenever you want...

Quote Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
    Quick question about Forces: Can you be a FOcast?
    Yes, you could make focast/caseals in cbt.

Quote Originally Posted by stheno View Post
    Yes, you could make focast/caseals in cbt.
    Sweet. Still, if I want to dabble with Ranger and Force, I don't know if playing a cast is the best choice...