Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sega Networks?

Quote Originally Posted by May0 View Post
    I hope they utilize steam, if not make it compatible with steam. Either way I'm definitively going to give it a go
    I doubt they'll use Steam, it's not such a big deal over in Japan.

And compatible, if you mean being able to use the in-game interface, I could use it in the CBT, and GameGuard didn't complain. Had to boot Steam in Admin mode, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I doubt they'll use Steam, it's not such a big deal over in Japan.

And compatible, if you mean being able to use the in-game interface, I could use it in the CBT, and GameGuard didn't complain. Had to boot Steam in Admin mode, though.
    Good to know. If the game doesn't have built in voice chat I at least want to be able to do steam chat. You don't need the steam overlay for that but it makes accessing it easier.

More importantly when I think PC gaming I think steam. I didn't even know what seganet was until I visited this thread. What about the average joe who plays games casually? Unless they're a diehard sega fan or someone who enjoys the Phantasy Star Online series I doubt they'll ever bother to know or care about seganet if they have an established alternative i.e. Steam/origin/GoG.

Adding to that, those who've been in the industry longer tend to be more capable when it comes to providing a reliable service-See Steam vs origin. One anomaly though, I can't explain games for windows live as it seems like they get progressively worse with age.
    Don't judge a manga by its anime

Guys, to avoid confusion - SegaNet does not exist anymore and has been long gone since like 2003.

This new division likely does not have anything to do with SegaNet, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions that SegaNet is coming back or whatever. I really doubt Sega will try to make it's own Steam-like service.

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    Guys, to avoid confusion - SegaNet does not exist anymore and has been long gone since like 2003.

This new division likely does not have anything to do with SegaNet, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions that SegaNet is coming back or whatever. I really doubt Sega will try to make it's own Steam-like service.
    From the sounds of it, it will. EA has done so already and is carving out some success, despite the massive controversy regarding several things they've done, and GFWL...

Well, GFWL has been shut down and rebranded, what, three times now? They still see Steam as something to try and rip off, but only end up getting included ON some steam games as DRM. Hah.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

In the near future people will be playing from Onlive (or services like it) or Steam so they won't have to make discs. Anything to put Gamestop out of business.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Actually discs won't become outlawed...

There was an article about it somewhere I don't remember, but basically some game developer guy was saying "LOL ARE YOU DUMB? THAT'D ACTUALLY BE TERRIBLE FOR BUSINESS!"

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Rock - The only thing I can see with that statement would probably be the security of the product being ripped off, But even then they do it with disc's too at a lesser effect.

But otherwise it would save a lot of money for the company. I doubt the Developer was in Marketing or Advertisement, but more of the Tech side of things from the reason he gave.
    He sounds Lazy actually and didn't want to make his job have more responsibility, It's the growing trend to Multi-Task in the Tech field now.

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    In the near future people will be playing from Onlive (or services like it) or Steam so they won't have to make discs. Anything to put Gamestop out of business.
    Fuck Onlive. And I still like my boxes with real instruction books and disks (though it'd be great if flash media became cheap enough for them to stick it on a thumb drive).

The problem with digital distribution is that is makes it easier for publishers to push the idea that you have zero ownership rights for the software you pay for, which is complete bullshit. That idea benefits the consumer not at all, and I can't imagine why anyone would support it.

Hint: publishers are not going to follow in Steam's footsteps and have sales where you can get digital copies for cheap. You already pay exactly the same price for digital copies of new games as you do for a physical boxed copy while getting less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    He sounds Lazy actually and didn't want to make his job have more responsibility, It's the growing trend to Multi-Task in the Tech field now.
    Where the does this line of reasoning come from? How does having or not having optical-media have anything at all to do with the job of someone developing a game?

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Because: Example would be like SoA, And yes it can effect your HP bar.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Talking F'yea seaking

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    No, Seganets sounds better, with the plural and all, just sounds trendy.

If they call it Seganets, it would explode into the mainstream.
    I loved getting lost in the first seganet, and playing for the moment. Hopefully this seganet is MORE elaborate to get lost in.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!