Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default *Need Help!* I'm getting an error when clicking to launch pre-open beta client.

This is the error Im getting when I try to launch the game by pressing the big blue button.

I cant copy and paste the words to see what it actually says so thats why I'm asking if anyone else on here knows whats going on?

This is my first time using the client because I registered for the pre-open beta.

Please help, I appreciate it so much! Thank you.

It's says it couldn't update the game and to check if you have enough hard drive space and/or check file permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It's says it couldn't update the game and to check if you have enough hard drive space and/or check file permissions.
    dang it mike stop beating me!!!!
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

I'm running off of a virtual machine using Parallels 7 for mac using the windows 8 developer preview but its built on the same kernel as windows 7 and it installed fine.

I right click and do run as adminstrator and it still doesn't let me download.

Please help! This first gameplay experience is like 4 years in the waiting lol, is there any way I can manually update the game?

Did you update the game first by clicking on the third blue button down?

I hate the rain...only because of the CURSED SNAILS THAT I ALWAYS SEEM TO STEP ON.

I'm going to reboot the virtual machine and see what that does. I remember clicking that button and getting a simliar ending but im not sure. I'll post another picture of what happens.

Thanks again.

I'm getting the same message from pressing the 3rd button down as the first.

Does this mean its just not gonna work lol? cause that would really suck.

Anyway for me to update this game manually?
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 15, 2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Merge

Going by what Mike said, you might have 2 other causes.

1. Your disk space is low and it cannot patch the game correctly until you have freed enough space for it to work or...

2. You are logged into an account that does not have the correct level of permission to let the client update the game for you.

I hate the rain...only because of the CURSED SNAILS THAT I ALWAYS SEEM TO STEP ON.

I have over 300gbs left of free space, and i right click to run as administrator and this is still an error that I'm getting.

Guess I'm pretty much screwed?

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 15, 2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Merge

i cant see why its not working for you. im sure you have a working id and you say you have room. when did u sign up???
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

i signed up a long time ago but just went to download the client today.

The installation and everything went smooth but now this is happening.

Could it be because I'm running a virtual machine? and not actually using a windows pc?

Its the only thing that i can really think of