Page 301 of 337 FirstFirst ... 201251291298299300301302303304311 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3368

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVdub View Post
    im playing on a data copy, not umd

wait no, it seems like i can load my save but i cant save over it anymore. its stuck at the point where i was and i cant overwrite that save. ugh, how do i fix this?
    Take a screenshot of the error/extra text boxes. If this isn't a well known problem, maybe one of the JP speakers here will be able to at least translate what it's saying. Might not be much help in the long run, but it couldn't hurt either.

Also, is this only happening with PSP2i save data, or does your PSP have a problem writing new information to the card/drive in general? I don't know if you're on a 2000/3000 or PSP GO, but if your data is saved to a memory card, check it to see if the media you're using is capable of write protection. If it is, check to see if the write protection is enabled on it. That would prevent you from saving, but allow loading. If not, try to transfer your save data to a new memory stick and see if you still get the same problem.

If it's an issue with write protection, there may be a small button/slide on the stick which turns write protection on/off. If not, let met know and we can try from there. At the very least, try to back-up all of your data onto a PC. We'll see what your options are from there.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jun 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Take a screenshot of the error/extra text boxes. If this isn't a well known problem, maybe one of the JP speakers here will be able to at least translate what it's saying. Might not be much help in the long run, but it couldn't hurt either.

Also, is this only happening with PSP2i save data, or does your PSP have a problem writing new information to the card/drive in general? I don't know if you're on a 2000/3000 or PSP GO, but if your data is saved to a memory card, check it to see if the media you're using is capable of write protection. If it is, check to see if the write protection is enabled on it. That would prevent you from saving, but allow loading. If not, try to transfer your save data to a new memory stick and see if you still get the same problem.
    I'm gonna check right now if this happens with other games. In the meantime, it's a PSPGo. I just checked right now and the save data folder is set to "read only" but I think that's normal as I unchecked that option, hit OK. And then went back to the game, then went back to USB mode and it reset to being "read only". I'm assuming that's normal.

Anyway, screenshots:

Edit: I'm able to save just fine in Persona 3.
    Last edited by MaxVdub; Jun 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM.

I'm gonna check right now if this happens with other games. In the meantime, it's a PSPGo. I just checked right now and the save data folder is set to "read only" but I think that's normal as I unchecked that option, hit OK. And then went back to the game, then went back to USB mode and it reset to being "read only". I'm assuming that's normal.

Anyway, screenshots:

Edit: I'm able to save just fine in Persona 3.
    I'm not sure if that's normal or not. If it's saying "Read Only", then you shouldn't be able to save anything to that folder. You'll only be able to load (read) from it. Check your other save game folders and see if they are similarly Read Only. If they aren't, then there's some issue with that folder. If they are, then I'm probably wrong and goofed on my tech support advice.

Again, make sure you have your data backed up to your PC. You might want to wait on others to weight in on this if you're unsure about deleting your data in any way. I'm assuming you're running that PSPo2I/PSP2 save backup utility? First, I want you to try making a backup of your save data with the utility and then use it to restore the backup. See if that works. If not, backup your save files, copy them to the PC, and then delete your PSP2oi save game data folder. Start the game up again so that it creates the necessary folders, then use the Backup utility to restore your save games.

The idea being that your memory card may be failing, as I heard of others who had their whole cards becoming write protected when it crapped out, and maybe your issue is isolated to a bad sector which happens to contain your PSP2i save data. I don't know how it works with removable media cards, whether or not the damage was detected and locked as Read Only to prevent you from writing data to damaged blocks. Deleting your PSP2i folder and data, then letting the game recreate them, will allow it to write into a good sector and allow full read/write capabilities. At worst, you could move all of your data on the stick over to the PC and then reformat it. Load up everything as it was and see if that helps. From some of the posts I've read on the net, there seems be an issue with some Sega games (Virtua Tennis, Outrun 2 C2C, etc) where the game save routines misidentify how much space is left on the memory stick and report it as being full and unable to save. I don't know if that's true, but what was recommended was that you download a savegame from GameFaqs or somewhere, start the game and save, then copy the old data back over. However, the PSP2i save backup utility should take care of that for you.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jun 16, 2012 at 11:44 PM.

The error says that the memory card you originally used to save the game isn't inserted in the PSP so you can't save.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The error says that the memory card you originally used to save the game isn't inserted in the PSP so you can't save.
    Ah, well, I guess he ignore all that stuff I wrote above. I have no idea how to fix that error.

Ah, well, I guess he ignore all that stuff I wrote above. I have no idea how to fix that error.
    It's probably trying what you've written anyways because I have no idea how to fix it either.

I'm not sure if that's normal or not. If it's saying "Read Only", then you shouldn't be able to save anything to that folder. You'll only be able to load (read) from it. Check your other save game folders and see if they are similarly Read Only. If they aren't, then there's some issue with that folder. If they are, then I'm probably wrong and goofed on my tech support advice.

Again, make sure you have your data backed up to your PC. You might want to wait on others to weight in on this if you're unsure about deleting your data in any way. I'm assuming you're running that PSPo2I/PSP2 save backup utility? First, I want you to try making a backup of your save data with the utility and then use it to restore the backup. See if that works. If not, backup your save files, copy them to the PC, and then delete your PSP2oi save game data folder. Start the game up again so that it creates the necessary folders, then use the Backup utility to restore your save games.

The idea being that your memory card may be failing, as I heard of others who had their whole cards becoming write protected when it crapped out, and maybe your issue is isolated to a bad sector which happens to contain your PSP2i save data. I don't know how it works with removable media cards, whether or not the damage was detected and locked as Read Only to prevent you from writing data to damaged blocks. Deleting your PSP2i folder and data, then letting the game recreate them, will allow it to write into a good sector and allow full read/write capabilities. At worst, you could move all of your data on the stick over to the PC and then reformat it. Load up everything as it was and see if that helps. From some of the posts I've read on the net, there seems be an issue with some Sega games (Virtua Tennis, Outrun 2 C2C, etc) where the game save routines misidentify how much space is left on the memory stick and report it as being full and unable to save. I don't know if that's true, but what was recommended was that you download a savegame from GameFaqs or somewhere, start the game and save, then copy the old data back over. However, the PSP2i save backup utility should take care of that for you.
    ive never heard of this backup utility. link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    uhh thats kind of strange since its a psp go and ive literally never inserted any kind of memory stick ;/

ive never heard of this backup utility. link?
    This post.

You don't need to be running any firmware or mods or anything to use it. It's fully signed.

uhh thats kind of strange since its a psp go and ive literally never inserted any kind of memory stick ;/
    At this point, I'd more or less try to suggest simply trying to backup and then restore your saved data using the above linked utility, and then perhaps trying to delete the PSP2i game off your GO and then downloading it again from the PSN store.

i think i figured out the problem. well like not entirely but im pretty sure it has something to do with the psp's "pause game" feature. because i just tried loading my save and then saving instead of hitting "resume game". seems to work now. so yeah. guess ill just stop using that when i play psp2i. thanks for trying to help anyways.

alright, so in the FO guide linked to in the stickies i think it mentions that a lot of the element enemies resist techs in general. would this make a longbow more effective? i heard they got a boost in infinity. the reason i'm asking is i just found a element Hirokteri and i'm wondering if it's worth grinding up (possibly even extending) and using in place of or in supplement of techs?