View Poll Results: Why did you start playing as female character?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm female IRL.

20 15.27%
  • I always play as females in online games.

15 11.45%
  • I always want to see a beautiful girl on my screen when I play.

14 10.69%
  • I wanted to make a girl of my dream.

2 1.53%
  • It's easier to bribe men by pretending to be a cute girl.

1 0.76%
  • For roleplay purposes.

2 1.53%
  • I have many characters, male and female.

39 29.77%
  • I never play as female characters.

20 15.27%
  • Another reason (answer below)

18 13.74%
  • I just picked my character randomly.

0 0%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Hey, i cudn't make male replica of female Nei, right? o.o" Would be too weird.
    It is role play for me i'd say. There are male roles on my list too.

And it is that way just for Phantasy Star games. For other games i usually take male char, sometimes not (for reason "I always want to see a beautiful girl on my screen when I play."), matter of mood when creating.
    Always male for offline games.
    Last edited by CyberNei; Jun 18, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

I usually make male characters, but for Phantasy Star Online games I've played numerous female characters just because of the statistical differences. I liked RAmarl in PSO because they had the best Tech levels out of all the Rangers. Similarly, I mostly played a HUnewearl in PS0 and a newearl in PSPo2 because I enjoyed have the highest EVP in those games.

For PSO2, I'll be playing a male character because stat differences between genders/race don't seem too big this time around.

I'm a male and play with male characters. Playing with females just doesnt feel right to me. I know tons of people who play with females and most of them fall into sexist behaviors, which is something I dont exactly approve.

I remember asking one of my RL friends why he opted to play with a busty female elf chick back on Lineage 2, and his answer was kinda pathetic: "What do you prefer to see on screen? A bulky dude or a sex-appealing chick?"...My answer, of course, was not oriented to such narrow way of thinking, but as a perspective of enjoying the game and being consistent with my own identity.

Sadly enough, I live in a society where women are observed as sexual objects, so don't blame me for thinking that it's totally wrong when certain guys act like a bunch of sex-deprived animals feasting on something that will never come out of their screens.
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

I play a male Newman. They are most radical.

I play as characters of both genders usually. In games where I get to play as multiple characters, I like to have have a plenty of diversity in my selection of characters, and that includes having characters of both genders. I seem to gravitate toward less manly characters though, so my main is usually a girl or a sufficiently kawaii boy (maybe I should try making a pretty boy main at some point. But I digress.) Maybe I'm drawn to the badassery bonus that seems to come equipped with being female or adorable in an RPG. But that hasn't stopped me from making a hulking Worgen Death Knight or Berlitz in PSU or BROcast in this game... or a male Wizard in Diablo 3.

I don't seem to have many characters that resemble me. The most "me" character I've made so far is a tomboyish female Night Elf Mage.

On a side note, I know a couple girls who play guys... Okay, one girl. The other would play as a guy if she actually played games like this.

I picked HUcast, RAcast, and FOnewm because they have either the highest or second highest damage yield, and that I do not want to use females, since the difference in damage is small. I also find humans uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    No D<

You're a Terrible TERRIBLE perso- nah they deserved to get deceived.

OH OH, does that make you a DECEPTACON? MEN INSTEAD OF ROBOTS IN DISGUISE! TRICKING OTHER MEN TO GET RARES
    Well I wouldn't use the controversial term "deceived."
    For the most part, I never implied I was female in the first place.
    Plus PSO's a dying game, not really hard to get rare equips from the quitters.

And of course. How else will we get our hands on that allspark? >:I

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

I played nothing but male characters in PS until I played PSOBB. My main up until then has been a HUcast. I didn't start playing as a force until BB either.

The first female character I started playing with was Chung Li from Street Fighter II. The crew I hung out with used to play Street Fighter before hitting the night clubs thursdays - saturdays. Nobody played with Chung Li so I started using her. lol Theres something thats kill a guy's soul knowing you got beat by a girl whether its a videogame or not. lol
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

In my opinion, I think the men in this game just don't have enough options for customization as female do. That's just me though, haha.

I pick gender based on what the character does. For warrior characters I always pick male, for rogue classes I pick female. Rangers and magician classes go either gender and healers are always female.

Yeah. This poll didn't include those like me. In PSO, PSZ, and PSO2 I played a male force, first.