Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

I kinda get the feeling that Wind/Light/Dark will become an extra battle mage kind of class somewhere down the line... or at least I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    So, here's a theory, see what you guys think. I enjoy unloading my PP, and then smashing stuff with my staff. I don't want to tech constantly like the vast majority of you guys, but I do like to tech.

Since this is true for me, would it be a decent idea to dedicate myself to the fire tree? Seems like it meets my needs pretty well. I'll get to unload my PP faster thanks to Flame Charge S, even though I get to throw out a few more techs each unload thanks to PP Charge Revival. At this point, I get to smash stuff to get my PP back up to full, and then I repeat the process.

Maybe a few mathematicians can help me out here. Would my damage be comparable to someone who goes with Charge PP Revival and Bolt Tech PP Save? It doesn't take too long to get my PP back up to full since I like to stay in close proximity to the enemies, plus, staff damage doesn't seem to be horrible, so I'm still adding to the DPS even when I'm out of PP.

I went with the fire tree, got Flame Charge S at 10, and PP Revival. You will do more damage than Zonde with Bolt Tech PP save, but you'll run out of PP quicker, fire is more burst damage and zonde is more sustained damage.

If you like high DPS like me, when they eventually raise the level cap and we get more SP you might like the build I want to do. Spec in Foie and Zonde, ZaZonde is a nifty tech that'll make the enemy more susceptible to zonde and when hit by zonde they'll take damage over time.

What I've been doing is, using Zazonde, then gizonde (or just zonde), then unloading my rafoies in, so he's taking electric damage over time, and i'll most likely burn him so he'll be taking that, as well as high rafoie damage. It's glorious and I can only imagine how much better it'll be if/when I go into the zonde part of the skill tree.

I decided to put my points into the Zonde part of the tree, mainly focusing on the Bolt/PP save. Right now, it seems to work great, since Gizonde is such a great crowd controller.

Just a little quip, but if you raised your mag with M Atk preference, then it also will have the PP regen skill that it can proc beyond just the photon blast. You can set the priority for it higher than the hp recovery, and it'll regen your pp rather frequently, consistently.

There is also the matter of PB recharging, which happens quicker when in large groups, thus using AoE attacks such as gizonde, thus not necessarily needing the 10 SP spent on reducing PP cost, but possibly still beneficial.

I have the exact same skills as the TS.

I've invested in the lightning tree, specifically for the PP save, because the increase in attack for the Charged Tech passives is pretty unimpressive. If you were to invest all your points into it at level 30, you would only get a 15% dmg increase... Might as well be able to save a ridiculous amounts of pp and be able to DPS (As bosses become more complex, getting up close with your staff won't be a great idea. :/).

Personally, if they introduced the light passive, I would invest all my points into it. I love gigrant. XD

Quote Originally Posted by holmwood View Post
    I have the exact same skills as the TS.

I've invested in the lightning tree, specifically for the PP save, because the increase in attack for the Charged Tech passives is pretty unimpressive. If you were to invest all your points into it at level 30, you would only get a 15% dmg increase... Might as well be able to save a ridiculous amounts of pp and be able to DPS (As bosses become more complex, getting up close with your staff won't be a great idea. :/).

Personally, if they introduced the light passive, I would invest all my points into it. I love gigrant. XD
    15% is quite a bit and you're not factoring in the extra damage from the weakness on top of that. You'll be getting both doing this as opposed to sticking with the one element and doing the base damage.

As for getting close with a staff on bosses. It wont ever be a big deal. For one most bosses have a ranged attack and two forces dodge is amazing in this game. They let you play like a Fomar with a gunblade so I don't really see the problem with this considering staff damage is not to bad.

Plus you can always switch to cards if you really wanted to.

I'm not sure how much the bonus damage is for using a element they are weak to but it seems to be a substantial amount. Then factor in the bonus from the charged damage. As for the light magic stuff. I do as well. I really think light magic is my favorite so far and I'm a bit bummed that there isn't anything other then these bonuses I can get for it.

I'm not sure the PP save is really worth it either. Zonde goes down to 8 or so but you'll mainly be using Gizonde when it matters. I find Razonde useless... unless you use it with cards but there are better thing to use. Gizonde goes down to 15 where as Rafoie is what 20? It doesn't really save you that much in the end.

GiZonde has the possibility to hit more targets but Gifoie can be used for this as well and works great as a barrier spell for adds in boss fights not to mention it burns. I dont know I don't think bolt save is as great as people make it out to be.

It helps but it doesn't give you that much of an edge as people make it out to be. Also.. I feel ZaZonde needs to do more damage to make it worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorian View Post
    15% is quite a bit and you're not factoring in the extra damage from the weakness on top of that. You'll be getting both doing this as opposed to sticking with the one element and doing the base damage.

As for getting close with a staff on bosses. It wont ever be a big deal. For one most bosses have a ranged attack and two forces dodge is amazing in this game. They let you play like a Fomar with a gunblade so I don't really see the problem with this considering staff damage is not to bad.

Plus you can always switch to cards if you really wanted to.

I'm not sure how much the bonus damage is for using a element they are weak to but it seems to be a substantial amount. Then factor in the bonus from the charged damage. As for the light magic stuff. I do as well. I really think light magic is my favorite so far and I'm a bit bummed that there isn't anything other then these bonuses I can get for it.

I'm not sure the PP save is really worth it either. Zonde goes down to 8 or so but you'll mainly be using Gizonde when it matters. I find Razonde useless... unless you use it with cards but there are better thing to use. Gizonde goes down to 15 where as Rafoie is what 20? It doesn't really save you that much in the end.

GiZonde has the possibility to hit more targets but Gifoie can be used for this as well and works great as a barrier spell for adds in boss fights not to mention it burns. I dont know I don't think bolt save is as great as people make it out to be.

It helps but it doesn't give you that much of an edge as people make it out to be. Also.. I feel ZaZonde needs to do more damage to make it worth while.
    Still a little iffy about the 15% boost.
    I mean, if you did 1000 damage, you'll only deal 150 extra damage. And if you're dealling 10000 damage, you'll only deal 1500 extra damage... which by then would be the equivalent of one normal whack.

Tell me if I'm wrong here.

Additionally, whacking with a staff can be substituted with quick switching to gun blade for pp regeneration... and it really takes just a couple seconds to get full PP. So it seems the 15% boost would be a better alternative, although not a great one. (PP regen is really not an issue... :/)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorian View Post
    I feel ZaZonde needs to do more damage to make it worth while.
    Has it been nerfed since CB? It can be stacked up too, and the ticking from one will trigger new ones. I haven't found a Sazonde disc yet, so haven't been able to try it out. (One of only two techs I don't have yet, sadly)
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    I kinda get the feeling that Wind/Light/Dark will become an extra battle mage kind of class somewhere down the line... or at least I hope so.
    There's no telling what Wind or Dark will have in their trees (if there's going to be additional trees, at all) but I can pretty much guarantee you that Light will probably be a support/healing boosting tree, seeing as how it also has Resta, Anti, and other recovery spells like Reverser (PSO) and Giresta (PSU/PS0) in the past.

Since I'd rather not just sit and wait, though, as a full-support Force, I'm going into the Ice tree, primarily for maxing PP Up 1 and Freeze Boost. I'd like to get Charge PP Revival, but I hardly ever use offensive techs (especially Foie ones), and when I do, they're Barta-class for the freeze chance (best status effect, imho) or Grants/Gigrants.
    Last edited by Alena Zouryx; Jun 28, 2012 at 02:14 AM.

Full-Support FOmarl since Dreamcast PSO ver. 1
    Crown Princess by birth--Empress Regnant by destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by holmwood View Post
    Still a little iffy about the 15% boost.
    I mean, if you did 1000 damage, you'll only deal 150 extra damage. And if you're dealling 10000 damage, you'll only deal 1500 extra damage... which by then would be the equivalent of one normal whack.

Well those seem like small numbers in the long term, the game isn't even out yet and I'm willing to bet the level cap will be going pretty high, and so will the amount of damage you do. Soon those little percentages will be doing quite a bit.