Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I'm loving it.

I've had a good friend for a decade or so and we both love pretty much anything Sonic Team. We've both played Phantasy Star since the beginning and played PSO on the DC, but we never played together. Now we're both in the beta fighting side by side and it's awesome. Even though I only speak minimal Japanese we've been meeting a lot of people from abroad, grouping up, and having fun.

I'm really liking the look of my character. The characters I made in the Character Creator before were trying to emulate my PSO1 team and failed. This time I sat there and made something new and it's working out well. I've given her a personality with the Autochat function, and when I'm with my friends it just orchestrates so well. I might even get back into writing fan fiction to bring more to the character.

So far PSO2's been mostly what I wanted from the title. I don't know how I feel about MAGs just yet, or the lack of multiple elements on a weapon, but the game is fresh and different and I'm liking it so far.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

I heard Sonic Team didn't make this one which is why its so much better then PSU. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

Yes I just love the game. It's really perfect, they took the old PSO ep.1-4 and just improved everything from back then and still managed to keep all cool elements from back then.

Enjoying it very much, even working out what the hell is going on is all part of the fun! Plus I'm playing it with a friend I met on the original PSO on the Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by Kanore View Post
    I can explain this easily. I mean, I could explain PSU's Mission Design back in 2006 too.

Three words:

Toward the Future
    ...Dear lord, you're right.

Yes, PSO2 is definitely a step above the original PSO.
    - Skill tree: a big welcome addition. My character being a hunter runs faster, dash attack, counter attack and recover faster when knocked down. Playing job with different skill sets never has been so much fun.
    - Grind: infusing elements on rare weapons, grinding is fun as long you have enough meseta.
    - I like how the game shows enemy weakness on elements so I can properly prepare my weapons for more damage.
    - Environment is a blast: for example, soloing a rockbear surrounded by those monkeys fighting dagans during a thunderstorm brings a new level of excitement. Not only you have to worry about mobs, nature will take care of you as well. That alone beats previous PSO and PSU by a long shot it is not funny.
    - Stages are randomly generated breaking the monotony of the game.
    - The ability to do multiple quests, the fact drops are unique to very players are a big improvements.
    Japanese PSO2 Character
    Aliyah Tulumba Hunter

Omg, this game is everything i thought it would be and more. Already lvl 19 with desert missons unlocked. Now trying to figure out what weapon catalysts look like so i can grind more weapons....>.<

Man... I have lost so much sleep already....and this is only the beta. Love this game. LoL, at least im slowly learning japanese in the process haha. Will look good on my resume!

Masuta Kai
    Ship 8

I'm playing in a really slow pace, but, enjoying nontheless, the interesting thing about this game imo, besides the dynamic gameplay, is that pretty much forces you to play with other people, even if you are not their friends or something. I for one play by myself most of the time, but, when i enter multi party areas, i end up playing with other people, even if i don't actually talk or have any direct interaction with them.

I'm loving this game.

Not in any rush to hit the max level so I just love goofing around in the lobbies and having dance parties. Don't really get bored of playing, just feel like
    playing more.

To me it feels like, an upgraded PSO rather than PSU. So it's all the better.

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK