Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Alright, I'll admit. I can't actually find any cosplay pictures now that I'm looking for them. I found them, they were great, and now they're gone. And I am now disappointed with myself for not saving them.

And Arande, you should ALWAYS wish for memorial bosses from PS games. But really, I'm satisfied with what I've got. Everything feels like a PS enemy. Caves and Mines are a great throwback to PSO without being a direct copy, and the enemies you meet there are great examples of PS enemies. Ragne feels like a lesser form of Falz, and Antlion is a great and clever throwback to the dimensional worm. The dragon enemies feel like great aggressive aliens, which we haven't seen since PSI. The only thing we're missing is mutated beasts, and then we'd be set!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    The only thing we're missing is mutated beasts, and then we'd be set!
    Yeah, agree about the throwbacks without being obvious. I could swear thosespider robots are seekers from PS4.

As for mutant things...PS2's rotting rabbits that slap you with their guts? Think I'm gonna have to go play PS4 while maintenance happens, yay nostalgia.
    Wryn from SPU

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Alright, I'll admit. I can't actually find any cosplay pictures now that I'm looking for them. I found them, they were great, and now they're gone. And I am now disappointed with myself for not saving them.

And Arande, you should ALWAYS wish for memorial bosses from PS games. But really, I'm satisfied with what I've got. Everything feels like a PS enemy. Caves and Mines are a great throwback to PSO without being a direct copy, and the enemies you meet there are great examples of PS enemies. Ragne feels like a lesser form of Falz, and Antlion is a great and clever throwback to the dimensional worm. The dragon enemies feel like great aggressive aliens, which we haven't seen since PSI. The only thing we're missing is mutated beasts, and then we'd be set!
    Huh.

Ya know, prior to reading this post, I really felt the enemy and boss design in this game was a bit on the lazy side, taking its inspiration only from PSO and PSU, but now I can actually see the influence that classic Phantasy Star designs may have had in how the enemies and areas are panning out.

Thanks for that bit of enlightenment.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    seabed was so bad that the mere thought of having to play thru anything that resembles it again is sending me into fucking shell shock.
    That place traumatized me as a child

(Unfortunately) not being a vet of older PS games, and looking back, I gotta say that I'd love to fight me some Profound Darkness.

Fighting Dark Falz AGAIN for the umpteenth time would be a bit of a bore.

I want some VARIETY in my embodiments of universal evil, dammit!

But in terms of final areas, I'd love a sort of heavenly aesthetic. Maybe having some initially benevolent higher power/deity turn out to be behind it all because he/she/it was corrupted by the Big Bad? And then having to "ascend to the heavens" and fight the deity, killing the Big Bad in the process?
    "Pony pony should pony pony." -Pony

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Awesomeinator View Post
    (Unfortunately) not being a vet of older PS games, and looking back, I gotta say that I'd love to fight me some Profound Darkness.

Fighting Dark Falz AGAIN for the umpteenth time would be a bit of a bore.

I want some VARIETY in my embodiments of universal evil, dammit!
    Falz is pretty much just a hand of the Profound Darkness. Literally a tiny part of it. Since it's just a part of darkness, it can take on any form. Even in the same game, Falz had three different looks to him, and they were all awesome. I think that makes it an interesting villain.

Really, the Profound Darkness wouldn't be much different. It's the same basic thing, just bigger and older. And less replaceable.

Oh, yeah. Play PSIV. It's the most fun, it gives a good synopsis on the rest of the series, and you can play it and not miss much. It's a good standalone game, and if you like it, you know there's more! It also gives you great insight on the story behind the online games.

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

I'd love something directly related (though not the same exact thing) to PSO series.

I wouldn't mind at all some Profound Darkness or simply anything related to Rico and Flowen for last boss.

this games DOES feel like..."PSO2" (on the sense they really tried to put in that PSO feeling in it, but making everything better...like, hell! there's a part in PSO2's forest music that is exactly the same of a part in PSO's forest music, anyone noticed? I got serious chills when I noticed!)...I always love nostalgia quotes/implications...and have been loving the small quotes/implications so far (without being exactly the same like it was mentioned)

something that quotes but isn't the exact same would be really nice...and maybe add some old PSO bosses as some extra/event/unlockable/special/Idkwhatelse boss would be pretty neat. (not in the main storyline, but something extra more in the future)

like...imagine fighting PSO's old Dragon but with the whole new system, graphics, a lot more difficulty and a really badass mix of it's theme...*nostalgia chills*

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

if this game ever gets Seabed i'm uninstalling.
    Uninstalling out of sheer happiness?

And my god, Subterranean Tunnel (Mines) is going to be their best area yet.

seabed was so bad that the mere thought of having to play thru anything that resembles it again is sending me into fucking shell shock.
    But the music while fighting was the best thing I ever eargasmed to when I was a kid.

I'd like to see some nightmare ruins, distorted dimensions and something heavenly.
    As much as I agree and disagree with rehashes of old content for nostalgia purposes, I'd like to see both new and old.
    Jungle, too! I loved the Jungle music in PSO! So mysterious.

You guys keep going on about Dark Falz, Olga Flow, and other bosses but there's one thing i'd love to see... A rappy boss!