Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Nothing relevant in that post. Thanks for trying, though.

I am not sure how to feel about it... I am happy at the news. At the same time, I am feeling doubts again with the early 2013 release and how SEGA handled PSU. If they came out and just said global servers in the presser, great! However, they didn't.

With that release date, my circle of friends are saying they are passing on PSO2 and just going to invest in Guild Wars 2, now that the game is out soon.
    Last edited by Fujiko; Jul 9, 2012 at 03:54 AM.
    Phantasy Star Online Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiko View Post
    At the same time, I am feeling doubts again with the spring 2013 release
    You might wanna look at the press release again. It doesn't say "Spring" on it anywhere, just "Early" 2013 (which could be January or February for all we know). I even CTRL+F'ed to make sure, and there's not an instance of the word "Spring" on the front page anywhere.

Not sure if the article was modified at some point while I wasn't looking (I'll admit I didn't look at it that closely the first time) or if people are jumping to conclusions on this, though.
    Last edited by Maronji; Jul 9, 2012 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Wrong year.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    You might wanna look at the press release again. It doesn't say "Spring" on it anywhere, just "Early" 2012 (which could be January or February for all we know). I even CTRL+F'ed to make sure, and there's not an instance of the word "Spring" on the front page anywhere.

Not sure if the article was modified at some point while I wasn't looking (I'll admit I didn't look at it that closely the first time) or if people are jumping to conclusions on this, though.
    Fair enough, I always assumed "early 2013" is spring, just a habit I have.
    Phantasy Star Online Veteran

I'm going to switch to the NA version upon release, I know my friends in RL won't play the JP version due to the language barrier no matter how much I explained to them how you can easily navigate the game without knowing Japanese.

I'd be able to pick up a few things I may have missed out on in the JP version due to the language barrier and when the NA servers eventually go down (as much as I was hoping for integrated servers I doubt it will happen now...) I'll just switch back to the JP version with my newly obtained knowledge and enjoy the game for even more years to come since the JP servers will be up for a much longer period of time not to mention all the content updates to look forward to.

Either way I win. *shrug*

[EDIT] I will admit it's going to be hard to pull them away from GW2 and FFXIV 2.0 since the release is so late but at least with the F2P option it'll be easier to get them to try it, if PSO2 was P2P I bet they wouldn't have waited this long. : x
    Last edited by TheBlackMage; Jul 9, 2012 at 03:57 AM.
    She is style
    She is grace
    But most importantly, she'll break your face <3

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

You might wanna look at the press release again. It doesn't say "Spring" on it anywhere, just "Early" 2013 (which could be January or February for all we know). I even CTRL+F'ed to make sure, and there's not an instance of the word "Spring" on the front page anywhere.
    The first posting had it as Spring 2013, they edited it to say early 2013. Not his fault.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

The drop down menu is "Language Selection"
    If they made it so English was on there, everything is solved. People downloading the NA/EU client would just have that option set to English as the only difference between it and the JP client
    Then they just make 5 more ships and designate them as NA/EU ships, and give free ship transfer to NA/EU people that joined early
    Then support Paypal with a specific English AC site (pso2.com anyone?)
    Then they get all the money

Although I'm sure plenty of people have already said this. They don't need to pull a PSU

Quote Originally Posted by BahnKnakyu View Post
    The first posting had it as Spring 2013, they edited it to say early 2013. Not his fault.
    Reread my post again.

See, I put that there for a reason. Also, I didn't have any way of seeing the post until I realized that I couldn't see it until I was logged in (at the time; it seems to have changed now), so to be fair, I had little to no way of knowing that it was modified at some point or not (because it could've been modified before I even saw it in the first place).

Pouny just hopes they won't separate US and Europe servers.
    And same for updates, i hope they won't do like PSU.

But since PSU had many lobbies and we were all squatered among them (so it's hard to cross each other). On PSO2, finding people to play with won't be a problem since all mission are centered on the same NPC. (and we can see the number of people on blocks selection).

Who knows ? Maybe we shall be able to switch langage on Japanese client later ?

GLORY TO POUNY !!!!!
    pounybunny !! nuuuu !!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109875

quick question, do the premium players have access to seporate servers aswell as being able to mix with the freeplayers? might get a bit less bs if that happend.