Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Ahh i see and thank you! :]

Quote Originally Posted by Icespike View Post
    We need to stop playing the victim here and give them a shot. We've all been burned, we get it. Now get over it, it's a game and it brought us all this so far. Let's make it worth their while.
    I think that's kind of a backwards way of looking at it, personally. I don't think anyone here, who has been through the twelve years mismanagement that Sega has put them through, is wrong for feeling that it'll just happen again. The track record speaks for itself, especially when money is potentially* involved. People want to be treated fairly, and it's up to either Sega of Japan or Sega of America to do right by these people.

When exactly does good faith run out, if not after 12 years of mismanagement? It's different for everyone, sure, but I don't think anybody's wrong for going into this either hesitant or unwilling to support a company that hasn't really always done right by them.

note: *money is optional this time, but obviously there will be reasons for some to want to put money into the system.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

http://www.pso2.com/games/phantasy-s...line-2/?v=4632

Looks like the teaser video is up on the SEGA website. It's just the opening cinematic with a check www.pso2.com at the end.
    Phantasy Star Online Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud774 View Post
    Why is everyone saying 1 year later? It clearly says early 2013 which is 6months away..
    Most people are referring to the level of content between the JP servers and the localized ones, assuming we are getting separated from the Japanese servers with the 6-9 month localization process.

We were, literally, a year, perhaps more, behind on content on PSU comparedto JP PSU for various reasons, none of them were good.
    Ship 2. Asra Licene - Braver. Yukiko - Bouncer
    I actually like Bouncer, you be quiet.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

I'm going to let them have their shot, and I want them to know that there are people willing to let it happen. I'll bet anything they read these forums and people talk about enough that they go "Why should we even bother, if they are just gonna ignore it anyway?"

I'm not saying I'm going to turn a blind eye to abuse, I'm definitely saying that everyone deserves a chance. Even after 12 years.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

on the bright side, maybe this will mean the game launches with more than 4 areas in the US. Im a little worried that the game will be critically slammed for having close to no content by the US press (and what little content it does have being repetitive). They're pretty hard on J-rpgs as it is. And yes, reviews are important. They define a franchise's reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Icespike View Post
    I'm going to let them have their shot, and I want them to know that there are people willing to let it happen. I'll bet anything they read these forums and people talk about enough that they go "Why should we even bother, if they are just gonna ignore it anyway?"

I'm not saying I'm going to turn a blind eye to abuse, I'm definitely saying that everyone deserves a chance. Even after 12 years.
    Personally, (I can't speak for everyone who's hesitant to trust Sega of Japan/America again), it's not that I don't care. I love PSO. I want PSO to succeed because it's a series (along with the original Phantasy Star games) that I enjoy. I want the game to hit Steam and draw in a whole new crowd (for better or worse some might argue). I'm the kind of person that when I like something, I want to try and get others to like it too. I haven't shut up about PSO2 on my twitterbox and I'm sure all my friends are sick to death of it.

The problem is...I feel like if I fall for it again, I'm still just rewarding bad behavior. Whoever is actually in charge of PSO/PSU's update schedules, development, and localization has consistently been off the mark and standoffish to territories outside of Japan. This has been their only mark of consistency.

Another problem I worry about is the Arkz Cash system and Sega's track record of absolutely busted billing systems. People not being able to pay, being double and triple charged for items is gonna be a really big deal when you're dealing with transactions on a micro scale like the ones in PSO2.

I think it's great to be excited about the game, because a lot of us honestly never thought it'd see a western release anyway. But, I think whoever it is that does read this stuff needs to know that they've got some players who have been burnt in the past that want to and need to be impressed before they'll support a domestic version of the game.
    Last edited by Polly; Jul 9, 2012 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Addendum.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

I'll be staying on the JP servers no matter what they do (That is, if I'm even still playing by that point).

I've learned my lesson with SoA. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times...you can't fool me again.

edit: And anyone who thinks they owe anyone anything without actually owing them anything with regards to business is a fool. JP PSO owes me access to the stuff I bought. I got it. Exchange completed. I will not owe SoA anything no matter how hard they work, cry, sweat, or bleed, until we mutually agree on it. I am not entitled and neither are they. They could move the freaking moon, and if I don't want it it won't mean a damn thing to me or my wallet. I'm not paying for a service that I have no reason to expect anything good from.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jul 9, 2012 at 05:40 AM.

Edit: Seems like the teaser site is up http://www.pso2.com

Taken from the trailer on SEGA's website

A brilliant start.

I'm hoping SEGA takes a page out of Square-Enix's book when it comes to MMOs as FFXI had no issues with global servers. Interestingly enough there was a 5 month gap between JP and NA release and the head-start that the JP client had didn't even matter after a month.
    Last edited by Limni; Jul 9, 2012 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Limni View Post
    I'm hoping SEGA takes a page out of Square-Enix's book when it comes to MMOs as FFXI had no issues with global servers. Interestingly enough there was a 5 month gap between JP and NA release and the head-start that the JP client had didn't even matter after a month.
    Perhaps no issues in terms of people being able to log into the same servers and have no time gaps in content between regions, but I'd hardly say there were no issues. You should have seen the look on Japanese people's faces on release day (since there was no prior notification of an international release). But let's not go down that dark road with a "JP Only" sign on it, everyone knows we'll get lost and never find our way home again.