Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Have a question How do you copy out of the game and paste it into google and vesa versa? So, Far I can highlight words but couldn't figure out to copy it so and so on. Had to guess and retype it out in the game very slow work....

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    Have a question How do you copy out of the game and paste it into google and vesa versa? So, Far I can highlight words but couldn't figure out to copy it so and so on. Had to guess and retype it out in the game very slow work....
    The Universal CTRL + C to copy, CTRL + V to paste.

I've played with a lot of Japanese and usually there is almost always no speaking. Only time people speak is when they join and say yoroshiku. In the RARE chance they start speaking and asking questions I just answer Sou desu ne, works everytime xD
    Priest (HC) on all games. Ship 2: FO/TE

Hunters Club since '01. It's a club, not a clan!

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Spoiler!

Actually, the thought of embarrassing myself in front of people I don't understand terrifies me. I already worry about grouping with people I 'do' understand. I would 'like' to talk to some Japanese players, but the simple fact of the matter is, I can't, because that language barrier is there. I've tried some simple words and phrases, but I'm still nervous.

So yes, there are actually people who get scared and/or embarrassed by the thought of messing up in front of someone that they don't understand.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    I lol'd irl.

You only need these two phrases really.

Say this when you join a party:

よろしく!
    (Literal translation would be "Please take care of me")

and say this when a party is over:

ありがと!

Also, if you have ever worked in Japan teaching English you will realize that many Japanese are extremely shy and afraid of using English. Many think their English ability is poor(even when it isn't) and they will just not speak in English because they don't want to say something wrong. They think the other person will laugh at them or make fun of them.
    Last edited by Syaorandc; Jul 10, 2012 at 08:11 PM.

Survival Japanese - Basic Phrases for Communication
    This thread grew quite well and i found a good amount of use from it+^_^+ you can find a moonrune sentence for almost everything if you fish through the posts long enough+^_^+

Skilled Fighter

I have yet to brave up and party with Japanese players.

I have yet to party in general, actually.

Maybe I'll give it a go when I hit 30.

Man I remember back in PSUJP when they got their MAG event and there werent very many english PSU JP players. I had Kitty (my large female beast) and in the span of 2 weeks i had like 2 pages on my cards list of Japanese players and I would get messages from them and invites because they liked playing with English player and they liked having someone to practice their english with and most of them just really liked Kitty! (people usually do )

Now Ship 2 needs to open back up so I can remake her :/ lol

But yes I enjoy the Japanese players. I actually just remembered my brother has a book "First Year Japanese." Maybe I should actually learn some lol.

This game uses mostly Kanji i hear, right?
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    Survival Japanese - Basic Phrases for Communication
    This thread grew quite well and i found a good amount of use from it+^_^+ you can find a moonrune sentence for almost everything if you fish through the posts long enough+^_^+
    I definitely recommend those with no experience with Japanese to add some of these sentences to their short cut words, especially those who plan on playing the NA/EU version who want global servers as I doubt they'll implement such a feature if no one makes any effort to embrace the JP community.