Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Sure thing, pal. We'll see who's right when the time comes. The servers will be separated, this I can guarantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXVII View Post
    Although i respect your opinion and tbh are on neither side of this debate. I feel like the opinion you expressed in this quote is as assumptuous as the other guy. Your definition of a GM may be completely difft than how SEGA defines their GM's job description. Unless you work within sega and can say this is fact...i dont belive anyone should be talking on behalf of sega and how they run their own company :/ juss sayin.
    GM is a job description. I am not speaking on behalf of "SEGA" I am telling you that is what a GM is. Period. This is true everywhere in the game industry. Anyone that is even remotely interested in Game design and all that will tell you the same thing, all be it not in the exact same words. That is what they will tell you a GM is.

GMs won't necessarily tell you this, because GMs are at that level where they have power, but don't have to do much, and they have to deal with people who we'd all rather not have to deal with most of the time. Because of this some of them like to have an ego trip and pretend to be more important than they are. And then there is also the fact that because people aren't exactly clued in that GMs aren't developers they'll often place more weight on what a GM says than they should because they don't know any better.

As much as I trust Olaf, I really feel you might be wrong. There's more evidence pointin to global servers then segregation.

Not to mention GM's are not all in knowledge books and I can point out one too many times a GM has been wrong, especially in these circumstances, BUT! None the less a GM is going to be more informed on upcoming plans then the public. Also Edward has been wrong a little more then he needed to be which points to the theory that he hears something when he's at work, then trips out about it. Kind of like the Starbucks not supporting the US military thing. Word of mouth is terrible source of info, Sega is the only source we should be follwing, not a GM who can't keep his mouth shut. Sorry Olaf, but I think you're gonna be wrong, but if you're right, you will have earned a big "Told you So".

Also unless he is working in Sega of Japan in there direct offices, he has no way of knowing anymore then we are. Sega is not gonna tell GM's there plans, it has nothing to do with there line of work. He's hearing rumors, just like us, nothing more.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post
    As much as I trust Olaf, I really feel you might be wrong. There's more evidence pointin to global servers then segregation.

Not to mention GM's are not all in knowledge books and I can point out one too many times a GM has been wrong, especially in these circumstances, BUT! None the less a GM is going to be more informed on upcoming plans then the public. Also Edward has been wrong a little more then he needed to be which points to the theory that he hears something when he's at work, then trips out about it. Kind of like the Starbucks not supporting the US military thing. Word of mouth is terrible source of info, Sega is the only source we should be follwing, not a GM who can't keep his mouth shut. Sorry Olaf, but I think you're gonna be wrong, but if you're right, you will have earned a big "Told you So".

Also unless he is working in Sega of Japan in there direct offices, he has no way of knowing anymore then we are. Sega is not gonna tell GM's there plans, it has nothing to do with there line of work. He's hearing rumors, just like us, nothing more.
    Le gasp, did I just read someone sticking up for Ed?!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    Le gasp, did I just read someone sticking up for Ed?!
    Helllllll no! I'm just saying a GM can be right sometimes, but Ed? No, I certainly don't trust Ed's word for a second.

I do have to say, I have two friends who are GMs for two games from two different companies, and they don't typically know very much about what's going on development-wise.

They usually find out about major things a week or two in advance of the general public, from what they tell me.

I dont want to get into what type of server its going to be, but I will say in most companies, a GM is not PR. Those are two different departments. I dont know how SEGA does it though

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    GM is a job description. I am not speaking on behalf of "SEGA" I am telling you that is what a GM is. Period. This is true everywhere in the game industry. Anyone that is even remotely interested in Game design and all that will tell you the same thing, all be it not in the exact same words. That is what they will tell you a GM is.

GMs won't necessarily tell you this, because GMs are at that level where they have power, but don't have to do much, and they have to deal with people who we'd all rather not have to deal with most of the time. Because of this some of them like to have an ego trip and pretend to be more important than they are. And then there is also the fact that because people aren't exactly clued in that GMs aren't developers they'll often place more weight on what a GM says than they should because they don't know any better.
    I understand what your saying, and im not accussing you otherwise...but what im saying is every game company that hires GM's may handle their GM's differently...all im getting at is, stop sounding like your the CEO of Sega...cuz your not. This quote kinda just proves you love to speak on behalf of others...

Edit:
    I work within a company under my supervisor...he is a supervisor with a job description to, he does things beyond his role and is told things that supervisors usually aren't told...so that right there breaks your point. What makes you think these companies have to abide by these rules your stating? They dont. But thats beyond the subject, just stop speaking as if you know how every company is run. And we'll get along just fine
    Last edited by GrieverXVII; Jul 12, 2012 at 08:33 PM.

Fizz Gaming Stream - Xbox360/PC [Click Here]
    My Portfolio [Click Here]
    Core i7 920 @ 3Ghz
    EVGA GTX 670FTW
    3x4 12GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz

Since I don't see it anywhere in the thread, I'll toss this link out from Shogai. When asked about servers for any other regions, Sakai replied that various regions would be seperated. If you wish to take this with salt, then please do.

I think we'll end up with separate servers but I'm positive that originally they were going global and they can't handle us cheaters. Lol

Keep is global just like PSO, or that's lame, I'll just play the japan one because the western one won't last, just like the past games