Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    I apologize, I've had a pretty rough week. It's just that seeing criticism of the translations without a thanks, I feel like I'm back at work with my oppressive Japanese boss. orz

Anywho, I don't have time to go through all the Japanese threads, but here's one tidbit.

Mags whose photon blasts depend on the striking stat:

Delphinus, Cygnus, Libra, Cepheus, Tucana, Caelum, Carina, Orion, Crux, Leo

Mags whose photon blasts depend on the ranged stat (i forget what people call it in english)

Corvus

No particular dependent stat:

Monoceros (needs confirmation in my personal opinion)

*There's still no consensus on Orion.
    WOW, really? Then alot of mags will have pitiful damage then, especially mags that don't even touch the strike stat like orion and caelum. :/

There's no way that can be right, for the photon blasts. If it is, Sega really needs to fix that, since it seems incredibly unfair to all non-hunters.
    Appropriate use of launcher!
    [Ship 9] Rowe: Hu22 / Ra40 / Fo30 / Gu8 [Team: Busters (Leader)]

Which is better Delphinus or Leo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    There's no way that can be right, for the photon blasts. If it is, Sega really needs to fix that, since it seems incredibly unfair to all non-hunters.
    Wish it weren't true, but seems to be the case. I just tested Carina myself and was dismayed at the results.

Normal Desert on one of the robots

Card weapon (no striking): 130~ damage
    Gun slash (135 striking): 215~ damage
    Rod (284 striking): 310~ damage

If it at least scaled with magic attack, the damage would have gone down when I used gun slash, but instead it went up. ::sigh:: Time to start thinking of making an Apus instead... at least that one is supposed to scale with magic attack.

For your Monoceros needing confirmation, as PP is pretty fixed amount in this game I'd say it doesn't really rely on stats because is not a damaging PB, it probably restores a fixed amount of PP.

Well that's disappointing. The hybrid mags should at least have their PB's run off the stats needed to make them.

By that information, does that mean even the first stage mag Fornax is also affected by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Asbeel View Post
    Which is better Delphinus or Leo?
    Depends on what you're going for:

-Delphinus can be have a maximum of 150 levels of S-ATK + S-DEF mag, whereas Leo can only be at best a 102 S-ATK + S-DEF and 48 Ability/Skill mag.

-Some would say Leo's Photon Blast is better than Delphinus's since Leo's targets and warps to the enemy rather than Delphinus's just charging towards the enemy.

-Delphinus gets the Invincibility A mag device which gives you a guaranteed 10~ seconds of invincibility when the Photon Blast gauge is full. Leo gets the Status Upgrade E mag device which casts Shifta/Deband when the Photon Blast gauge is full.

-Both seem to have the horrible normal attack of lifting the enemy into the air and interrupting your Hunter combos though (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong on this point)...

still trying to get cynugs form after reaading up but still cant figur out what im doing wrong mag atk is 55 range is 1 and Ability is 39. plus if it helps can someone tell me another way to take screen shoot (if theres a button to take the shoott faster)

So If I'm getting what was said in the two previous pages correct.

Really only the specialized mags (the ones that focus on one stat) get a better deal in terms of damage?
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Not even, it seems. Cepheus seems to be the exception to the rule, who despite having a shooting PB, has damage that runs off Strike.