Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrusnagisa View Post
    you know, I blame everyone that still plays the Japanese version once the US version is released. Support your own release, and maybe we could keep it longer........
    Well, if you wanna blame us that's your problem... But explain me how are we responsible for SEGA's bad management?

Also, US release is not "my own" release. I'm not from the US.

I to am tired of SoJ not giving SoA what it needs to provide us with proper support.... people keep blaming SoA and it is not them, it is really SoJ
    it's really both, actuallly.

Their excuse is complete BS, and we all know it. I am sorry if I seem dark about PSO2 US, but until SoJ/SoA shows us that this time it will be different and I can see that our version will not be canceled 2-3 years before other versions then I will have to stay negative.
    So why do you blame us?

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    1) Wasn't this a game, something intended to amuse its users?

2) Wouldn't a fan also want to support it where he/she feels his/her contribution is going to be used the best?

I mean, last time I checked, SEGA wasn't an NGO donating it's money to feed hungry children in undeveloped countries. For that I'd feel the call to support. But I think people here take this issue too far. It's a game. I play for fun. So I'll play wherever I find the best amusement. End of the story. Although I have my share in the PSU trauma bullshit, is not like I'm taking revenge or I want SoA to fall. But I don't see why would I feel committed to a server that, for me, is almost as far as the JP one.

Why am I so ebil for choosing one foreign server over another?

Fuck, I just wanna wait for it to be on the run for a couple months to see if it starts well at least, also, I have already friends and a levelled character in the JP servers and I don't really feel like starting over. And I'm not a multiaccount person. But I guess here whoever wants to play in the JP servers does automatically to fuck off the NA servers.
    Ok, well fair enough.

I get what some of you guys mean. But pso2 is a different case now. While pso1 happened a long time ago, and psu sucked so much, we now have a very very solid good game that deserves to have recognition from the fans. Complain all u want psu, but that game was probably never reallythat proffitable in the west because how little it apealed to people or hoe many it had lost. This gamehowever at least deserves a signal of aproval considering how amazing it is.

If its only 1 or 2 person thinking like you, that won't do any harm, no one will care. But imagine everyone with that mentality and it will only make alot of sense if the service is terrible.

Ok i may not be as sour as some of you guys. I am one of the people that skipped psu's online entirely and was a major pso fan. Everyone i knew did. But for that game I can think of reasons to why it got bad service and was shut down eventually. Let's not give them reasOns for this game however. I want this game to be just as big if not close to the jp servers. Ok that may be a little too ambitious but you get my point.

If you dont care if the west server ever fails, fine. If you do, at least support it as a free game. Maybe buy some AC, and if the result sucks then you have a legitimate reason to fOrget about the US server and let it bomb eventually

Ps: sorry for the spell, on phOne
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Jul 14, 2012 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    I get what some of you guys mean. But pso2 is a different case now. While pso1 happened a long time ago, and psu sucked so much, we now have a very very solid good game that deserves to have recognition from the fans. Complain all u want psu, but that game was probably never reallythat proffitable in the west because how little it apealed to people or hoe many it had lost. This gamehowever at least deserves a signal of aproval considering how amazing it is.
    Sorry, but PSU didn't "suck so much", actually. PSU started very well, as good as PSO2. It was just a different style. The fact that it wasn't inspired in PSO didn't make it suck, except for those that were whinning all the time in the lobbies for their Soul Reapers, Spread Needles and other old shit instead of enjoying the new game.

PSU did fail because it got a very bad management. And sadly, SEGA has shown this same bad management since before PSO, hell, if it was just PSU okay, but they've been at this since before the Master System. And don't take it wrong, PSU didn't "fail", PSU is still very alive in the JP servers. What failed were the non JP servers, because of said bad management by SEGA's part.

PSO2 is great, I'm the first one who admits it, but some little part of my brain feels like this game is just SEGA's answer to all those who were all the time "baaaaaw we wants ah PSO agennn!!" Hopefully they'll make the game unique enough, and for what I've seen it goes a good way, but I'm still wary about it.

If its only 1 or 2 person thinking like you, that won't do any harm, no one will care. But imagine everyone with that mentality and it will only make alot of sense if the service is terrible.
    Not really. Everyone has that mentality BECAUSE the service has been terrible always, and although the possibility for a change exists, after so many dissapointments, people have very little trust on them, and you can't blame them.

Ok i may not be as sour as some of you guys. I am one of the people that skipped psu's online entiry ad a major pso fan. Everyone i knew did. But for that game I can think of reasons to why it got bad service and was shut down eventually. Let's not give them reasOns for this game however. I want this game to be just as big if not close to the jp servers. Ok that may be a little too ambitious but you get my point.

If you dont care if the west server ever fails, fine. If you do, at least support it as a free game. Maybe buy some AC, and if the result sucks then you have a legitimate reason to fOrget about the US server and let it bomb eventually

Ps: sorry for the spell, on phOne
    Nobody here is actually saying that we're not going to support it, but that's IF, and only IF, they show that they're going to do things well. With the past history of SEGA's international policies, excuse me if I don't create an account on the first day and spend half my year savings on AC to support them. Because most probably I'd make a better use of that money just wiping my ass with it.

If they show that they're doing better, why wouldn't we support it? The problem here is that people make too fast assumptions, when I say that I'll stay in the JP server it just means I'll stay in the JP servers while I see how things develop there, in no way I mean anything like "go to hell NA server and I hope you fail in two weeks". The game is free, is not like I'd have to pay a fee to get in. If I see that it works after a couple months running I don't lose anything to try it. implying that we mean the opposite is just arguing without reason.
    Last edited by Darki; Jul 14, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zari View Post
    And if you think being a few months behind JP is bad, you must have not played many MMOs considering most MMOs are like this or even further behind when you compare the NA and original version, and you don't see many of those games' players that know it complaining about it do you?
    Isn't that like apples and oranges? I mean, the vast majority of MMO's around are handled by third party publishers, who have little to no connection with the developers, in most cases you have companies that don't even deal with software development, much less game development, (I should know, I was a GM for one of those) it's an ungodly cycle where the international publishers find something wrong, then report, the developers analyze, find nothing wrong with it, report it back and it goes back and forth for months until someone finally haves a brilliant idea and then the developers make a patch, which is beta test internally, and then breaks the game, and the cycle repeats ad nausem.

Somehow I don't see things going like that for sister companies like SoJ/SoA but if that's the case, hell, might as well not even bother with the international release then.

I don't see how SEGA has any excuse concerning an international release - Square-Enix has been doing it for years with Final Fantasy XI. SEGA has a burden on them to prove they can handle non-Japanese servers well considering what's happened in the past: delayed updates, rollbacks, and hacking.

I'm not surprised if many English-speaking people want to subscribe to the Japanese servers. Based on the past, those servers seem to have gotten WAY better treatment.

Default Outside looking in

you know, I blame everyone that still plays the Japanese version once the US version is released. Support your own release.
    I agree with the bolded, but highly doubt the small percentage of players tolerating the JP servers / client will do much harm to the impending US/EU release. I wouldn't doubt there to be a pleasant English speaking community developing there but numbers wise, they're really not detracting from much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierhiet View Post
    I agree with the bolded, but highly doubt the small percentage of players tolerating the JP servers / client will do much harm to the impending US/EU release. I wouldn't doubt there to be a pleasant English speaking community developing there but numbers wise, they're really not detracting from much.
    But if Sega does not promote this game(which is a possibility), and the people around here don't either, that's quite a lot of potential players you're losing.
    And this is relevant because I hardly see most people here who are convinced Sega is gonna screw up advertising anything. But that might be just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    But if Sega does not promote this game(which is a possibility), and the people around here don't either, that's quite a lot of potential players you're losing.
    And this is relevant because I hardly see most people here who are convinced Sega is gonna screw up advertising anything. But that might be just me.
    I wouldn't fret about that either. If you've taken the opportunity at all to check out the PSO2 coverage outside of pso-world, you'd notice a decent amount of exposure from other reputable gaming sites, namely Kotaku, which even took the time out to cover the whole hacking scandal from the other day.

http://kotaku.com/5925366/phantasy-s...-alleged-prank

I believe I read a few things on gamespot as well. The game is actually being watched very closely outside of it's core fan base. This is a very good thing, and I believe, a contributing factor to the impending US/EU success. I'm not sure of your opinion on the matter, but I believe a cosign from Kotaku is a big deal. Call me optimistic.

So in the end, you don't care if you cannot understand the universe and the story ?
    You don't care at all about those who try to understand so hard but they cannot read a single word of japanese ?

You begged for english so badly and now you don't care at all about english and stick to Japanese, why ? because it's not global and you probably won't have your breast bouncing in the US/Europe server......

You don't care at all about all the people who failed to play the japanese client and are waiting desperatly for the US/Europe release so they can finally have fun.

If it was for gameplay only, i wouldn't be a PSO fans.

I played PSO 1 at day one on dreamcast and many years after (but i couldn't afford for conection billing....)

I played PSU for years from the day the servers oppened until they closed. (PC/PS2)
    And you know what ? i never cared about incoming contents cuz i had fun with lots of friends.

If you're saying you're a PSO fans but you only care about the gameplay and bikini and outfit contents on japanese client, you're lying... you're not a fan.....

./)_/)
    ( >.>) Pouny has spoken !
    (v(")(")
    Last edited by Noxia; Jul 14, 2012 at 10:54 AM.

GLORY TO POUNY !!!!!
    pounybunny !! nuuuu !!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109875