Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    If I go outside and stand there with my arms in the air and tell people I'm trying to push up the sky so that it doesn't fall down and crush everyone, does that mean nobody should ridicule me... because I'm trying to do something positive for others?

Of course they do, because I'm trying to hold up the frickin sky up with my hands. These petition threads are equally absurd, and have just about the same chances of success.
    Maybe to you it's absurd but there are many petitions that have worked before.

Seriously where are people getting this attitude that petitions don't work? Yeah there's a million of them and a vast majority don't but that doesn't mean it's like holding up the sky... Come on man have some hope!!!!!!!!

If I go outside and stand there with my arms in the air and tell people I'm trying to push up the sky so that it doesn't fall down and crush everyone, does that mean nobody should ridicule me... because I'm trying to do something positive for others?

Of course they do, because I'm trying to hold up the frickin sky up with my hands. These petition threads are equally absurd, and have just about the same chances of success.
    Again, they made their point just like you just made yours. Now how about contributing something other than ridicule towards others?

Damn man this is one hostile thread chill guys can't we all just get along.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    And as I said, you would be reported. So, that's been done. You don't always have to get the "last word" in, you know.

I told you if you had anything else to say, you're more than welcome to PM me, but no... much like all of your other posts, you decided to push that envelope back more and more just to see how far it could go and now you've been reported for harassment.

If this is what you were trying to accomplish, congratulations.
    oh god you've been harassed on the internet by some random person, someone play this person a violin. can you quit QQ'ing already? your report will go so far. gg.

Fizz Gaming Stream - Xbox360/PC [Click Here]
    My Portfolio [Click Here]
    Core i7 920 @ 3Ghz
    EVGA GTX 670FTW
    3x4 12GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by Zari View Post
    That isn't what I meant....at all...
    I signed the petition. I realized that I'm way to interested in this game to the point that I'm getting too stressed thinking about the possibility of SOA ruining it like previous titles in the series. Reading through the pages, it was when I saw your quote, Zari, that I realized this. I should be concentrating on work, but my head is to concerned with the worst possibility of this game. Can't control myself sometimes when it comes to this game.

As embarrassed as I am, I'm making the decision to leave this situation in God's hands. If I outrage anymore at Edward, I would really be making a fool of myself, when in all reality, I just simply want to play the game, in it's entirety, in English. There I said it. I have my childhood memories invested in PSO v1 on DC, and would LOVE to have a new generation of young and old gamers to experience this universe yet again, in a fresh new way that only Sakai and his Dev team could ever conjure up. I feel like a child again. Can't control myself sometimes when it comes to this game. So, like I said, I should probably forget about this game until an announcement of the release date, and look forward to the final outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    For those of you trolling and bashing this thread for the last few pages... why don't you guys go do something constructive? You made your point that you dislike the idea. At least this guy is trying to do something positive for the community which is more than what I can say for most of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post

Seriously where are people getting this attitude that petitions don't work? Yeah there's a million of them and a vast majority don't but that doesn't mean it's like holding up the sky... Come on man have some hope!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    Again, they made their point just like you just made yours. Now how about contributing something other than ridicule towards others?
    This is exactly what I've been trying to point out here. Every fucking time someone has their own opinion to make which Sinue_v2 did as shown in the quote above. ThermalWolf has to throw in his two cents afterwards instead of accepting the fact that it's Sinue's own opinion and just "walking away" as he told me to do so. So Rizen why are you directing your response to just Sinue when Thermal did exactly the same thing here huh?

edit:
    and btw, i don't think he's doing something positive for the community because i DO NOT WANT a global server and i disagree with it. just because you agree with his petition makes it positive to the community? oh god...
    Last edited by GrieverXVII; Jul 14, 2012 at 09:42 PM.

Fizz Gaming Stream - Xbox360/PC [Click Here]
    My Portfolio [Click Here]
    Core i7 920 @ 3Ghz
    EVGA GTX 670FTW
    3x4 12GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by Thermalwolf View Post
    I know some of them work; I've participated in two which were successful. These forums are littered with my posts detailing such efforts. That doesn't change the fact that no petition which was ever proposed on these forums has ever indicated any chance of success, because people were too placated with bullshit online petitions, email spams, and other crap, rather than putting some real effort or soul into the project - largely because wishful thinking optimistic buttholes who blindly believe in being positive and feeling like they're "doing something" (without actually doing anything).

Might as well just pray for what you want.

Unless you're able to get a couple hundred users to hand-write their own unique and personalized plea and coordinate their mailing effort so that it has the greatest impact (floods mail rooms/in-boxes)... and have the will to see it through for what could be months of sustained effort - you're not going to make much headway. Even then... the petitions I was involved in were dealing with english speaking American companies. I have no idea how SoJ or Sega Corporate would react to such as petition campaign from western players, especially if the letters are written in languages they can't easily read.

I have never seen that sort of commitment from the PS community, or any indication that it's possible they would, and anything short of that is a goddamned waste of time to even talk about.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jul 14, 2012 at 10:15 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

You're only looking at it from one perspective. There's a reason why petitions exist. It's because they have worked before in the past and they are a great way to show a corporation or some other figure of power a collaborative thought. Rather than having multiple letters and e-mails sent to Sega of America stating the same thing, it is more beneficial for people to come together and sign a petition, showing that X amount of people feel the same way.

Now, this is not to say that they always work, however... the day we begin thinking that taking that step forward for change is "absurd" is the day we give up our freedom of expression. While having a petition be accepted is the goal, the destination from point A to point B involves taking that trek to follow what you believe in with a group of people who believe the same thing as yourself.

If you truly believe such a thing is absurd, then maybe it's time someone held the sky up for you and showed you that this is one of the best ways to get people together, to conform in a belief, and push towards a dream. As I said before, the ultimate goal may be to get the petition passed, but there's something just as important as that... the fact that you were willing to try rather than just sit idly, accepting things as they are and claiming it to be "hopeless" or "absurd" for something to change. Take a look around you, man. People hold up the sky from crushing others with each passing day.

It's a wonderful trait of humans. We can make things which originally seem, "absurd" turn into a possibility and sometimes even a reality. It's perfectly fine if you don't agree with the idea. I don't expect you to.

However, there's a right way and a wrong way to convey those feelings. Telling someone this is impossible and use such a ludicrous example to compare it to isn't the way to do it. You can tell someone why you disagree with their idea without insulting them.

Just something to keep in mind next time you see someone do something you think is, "equally absurd" as this.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXVII View Post
    and btw, i don't think he's doing something positive for the community because i DO NOT WANT a global server and i disagree with it. just because you agree with his petition makes it positive to the community? oh god...
    It's a two way street, man. Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it negative to the community. This is why we gather a general consensus. If it was merely based on one individual's opinion, it wouldn't work. So, while you are entitled to your opinion, please keep in mind that others are as well.

All you have to say is, "I haven't seen these work often in the past. I'd rather stay on my own server than have them shared, but best of luck to you anyway" or something similar. As I told Sinue_v2, there's a right way and a wrong way. You can state your opinion without slinging mud.
    Last edited by TetsuyaHikari; Jul 14, 2012 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXVII View Post
    So Rizen why are you directing your response to just Sinue when Thermal did exactly the same thing here huh?
    First, he responded to my post. I acknowledged it was his opinion. Secondly, my post before was a blanket post towards who are obsessively bashing and insulting the OP. That's far beyond just opinion.

Also, if you have a problem with me, you can take it to PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pso2love View Post
    I signed the petition. I realized that I'm way to interested in this game to the point that I'm getting too stressed thinking about the possibility of SOA ruining it like previous titles in the series. Reading through the pages, it was when I saw your quote, Zari, that I realized this. I should be concentrating on work, but my head is to concerned with the worst possibility of this game. Can't control myself sometimes when it comes to this game.

As embarrassed as I am, I'm making the decision to leave this situation in God's hands. If I outrage anymore at Edward, I would really be making a fool of myself, when in all reality, I just simply want to play the game, in it's entirety, in English. There I said it. I have my childhood memories invested in PSO v1 on DC, and would LOVE to have a new generation of young and old gamers to experience this universe yet again, in a fresh new way that only Sakai and his Dev team could ever conjure up. I feel like a child again. Can't control myself sometimes when it comes to this game. So, like I said, I should probably forget about this game until an announcement of the release date, and look forward to the final outcome.
    *can't completely tell if sarcasm or not*
    Wait... I never said to just forget about the game until the NA/EU versions released...that part is what I mean by that isn't what I meant. That and not asking about and questioning things SEGA is doing/will be doing, I just mean don't assume it will be the worst possible outcome. It is possible the NA/EU release of PSO2 will do much better than that of some previous games like PSU.
    Last edited by Zari; Jul 14, 2012 at 09:58 PM.