Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

I have been enjoying my time playing PSO2. There are some things that annoy me (IE: time limit missions to unlock new content, lobby issues, etc.) but none of them are gamebreaking or even begin to make me think of not playing.

However, the problem I have with this game is that I feel calling this PSO2 is like calling the new Star Trek movie Star Trek, or calling the new Tranformers movies Transformers. Or the horror filled nighmare that the, now cancelled, TNMT movie would have been. Sure some of these new remakes and sequals were really cool movies, so long as I can convince myself its just another space movie, or just another big robot movie.

Is PSO2 a good game? Hell yes it is. But is it really PSO2 or another Micheal Bay remake? I like this game, I'm having fun, and I intend to keep playing and supporting it, but to me, its just another great game, not a sequal to PSO.
    ^ ^....~

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbez View Post
    I have been enjoying my time playing PSO2. There are some things that annoy me (IE: time limit missions to unlock new content, lobby issues, etc.) but none of them are gamebreaking or even begin to make me think of not playing.

However, the problem I have with this game is that I feel calling this PSO2 is like calling the new Star Trek movie Star Trek, or calling the new Tranformers movies Transformers. Or the horror filled nighmare that the, now cancelled, TNMT movie would have been. Sure some of these new remakes and sequals were really cool movies, so long as I can convince myself its just another space movie, or just another big robot movie.

Is PSO2 a good game? Hell yes it is. But is it really PSO2 or another Micheal Bay remake? I like this game, I'm having fun, and I intend to keep playing and supporting it, but to me, its just another great game, not a sequal to PSO.
    What would you change to make it "more like PSO"?

I feel the game is PSO in every stretch of the acronym.

Why doesn't PSO2 feel like PSO to many people? Well, there is numerous reasons:

- FOcasts/FOcaseals
    - the combat isn't clunky
    - amazing camera control
    - randomly generated maps
    - client orders
    - matter board
    - 30FPS not enough? go ahead for 60FPS - that not enough? go for 120FPS - if that's not enough and you want to heat up your graphic card totally unlock your framerate
    - TPS system
    - weather system
    - PSE system
    - auto-follow
    - partner cards
    - dynamic music system
    - different activities that will net you some semi-decent rewards (interrupt rankings / time trial rankings)
    - Codes system
    - you aren't forced to kill every single bug to open some door to progress further
    - respawning monsters and boxes
    - multiparty areas
    - perfect interface that allows for massive customisation
    - proper support of mouse and keyboard combo
    - player shops
    - much better customisation of player characters
    - voice acting
    - game being generally up to 2012 standards
    (- hopefully a constant stream of content)

Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post

- FOcasts/FOcaseals
    - amazing camera control
    - client orders
    - matter board
    - 30FPS not enough? go ahead for 60FPS - that not enough? go for 120FPS - if that's not enough and you want to heat up your graphic card totally unlock your framerate
    - TPS system
    - weather system
    - PSE system
    - auto-follow
    - partner cards
    - dynamic music system
    - different activities that will net you some semi-decent rewards (interrupt rankings / time trial rankings)
    - Codes system
    - you aren't forced to kill every single bug to open some door to progress further
    - multiparty areas
    - player shops
    - voice acting

Did I miss something?
    I like you.

Although PSO did have a couple of those things too.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 16, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

- FOcasts/FOcaseals
    - amazing camera control
    - client orders
    - matter board
    - TPS system
    - weather system
    - PSE system
    - auto-follow
    - partner cards
    - dynamic music system
    - Codes system
    - multiparty areas
    - player shops
    - voice acting

Did I miss something?
    don't forget the whole concept of "atmosphere"

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyote View Post
    don't forget the whole concept of "atmosphere"
    Surely you mean nostalgia, right?

Surely you mean nostalgia, right?
    idk they seem to be interchangeable terms at this point when it comes to talking about PSO

To be fair, PSO had a very striking atmosphere due to the whole "going deeper and deeper into the dungeon" thing it had going, along with the music and the slow, plodding pace (I DON'T miss that last one).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    To be fair, PSO had a very striking atmosphere due to the whole "going deeper and deeper into the dungeon" thing it had going, along with the music and the slow, plodding pace (I DON'T miss that last one).
    PSO was also designed to be a complete single player experience, since not everyone would be able to play online in both cases, DC & GC.

PSO2 is purely online, so while there are some elements of a single player progression theme, it's not the focus. The focus is about grouping up and pillaging the missions with your friends in the most efficient way possible.