Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by banhmy112 View Post
    Just did and got the same error.
    Well, the error message you showed the screenshot of translates to:
    Failed to download the file.
    Could not successfully update to the latest version.
    Please confirm that it is not write-protected file.
    <Path to pso2.exe>

So I don't really know what to suggest here considering the mixed results that people have had. At most I would suggest restarting the computer to rule out certain conditions and if it doesn't update then, reinstalling the game would probably be the best bet for you too.

Ok, reinstalled the game and patched it. Says I don't have permission, even after I use "run as admin".

Ugh, what did they do to break the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Wokker View Post
    Ok, reinstalled the game and patched it. Says I don't have permission, even after I use "run as admin".

Ugh, what did they do to break the game?
    Have you tried cleaning out (My) Documents\Sega\PhantasyStarOnline2\download ? This is where the updater downloads the temporary files to.
    Oh and to ask, did you install from the official installer or from one of the alternate install packages? I installed and updated from the official installer.

Did what you said, no luck :/
    Tried running it from the install folder and the only thing it did was patch gameguard, and then when I try to run the game again I get the same problems.

Edit: I used the official downloader.
    Last edited by Wokker; Jul 18, 2012 at 04:08 AM.

I guess we'll have to wait for a patch for the patch(Inb4 Xibit.)

Regarding the permission issue, you don't have to delete or replace anything, the patcher update messed up user permissions a bit but it's easy to fix.

Go to your PSO2 installation folder, then look up for files with a lock displayed on them (I don't have my own computer in front of me atm but I believe these files were pso2launcher.exe and such, like a total of 4 files).

Right click on the files, Properties, Security tab (I don't use an english version of Windows so names might differ) then if you do not see your windows username displayed under the "Names of groups and users" list, click on Modify, then Add, and write your username there. Tick all the boxes under the Allow column, then OK.
    Rinse and repeat for the other locked files, then it should work fine again.

Hmm, I will try this after my morning coffee.

Rappy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Mizunos View Post
    Regarding the permission issue, you don't have to delete or replace anything, the patcher update messed up user permissions a bit but it's easy to fix.

Go to your PSO2 installation folder, then look up for files with a lock displayed on them (I don't have my own computer in front of me atm but I believe these files were pso2launcher.exe and such, like a total of 4 files).

Right click on the files, Properties, Security tab (I don't use an english version of Windows so names might differ) then if you do not see your windows username displayed under the "Names of groups and users" list, click on Modify, then Add, and write your username there. Tick all the boxes under the Allow column, then OK.
    Rinse and repeat for the other locked files, then it should work fine again.
    Thank you very much, this worked for me.

Got the same problem.

However, I don't have the security tab, since from what I read there is no security tab on FAT32.
    Am I screwed and have to wait for a patch? Or are there any other ways?
    L.Y.A.N.A. - HUcaseal, 40. Ship 2.

Quote Originally Posted by banhmy112 View Post

help
    Same problem here.

I have deleted files from mydocuments , changed broken launcher file to old one and I hope it will works, now it's downloading a patch .
    Last edited by Leman; Jul 18, 2012 at 05:04 AM.