I'm having a problem getting my BBA to connect properly through PSO Ep. I&II. I have Comcast cable internet access and have attempted to do a direct connect from my modem to the BBA using a cat-5e patch cable (RJ-45). I tried the DHCP method initially (the same method my PC normally uses) to establish a link. This gave me the DHCP error, so I tried to manually enter all the info and it failed as well - unable to connect with the DNS. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I could try (am I missing anything)? or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

:well - after some toying around, I finally figured out what was wrong : *sigh* glad I got it working.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Karnum on 2003-07-05 13:02 ]</font>

Legendary

If youve got a spare ethernet/network/RJ45 socket on your P.C you could try using internet conection sharing, using crossover cables.

The cable modem is probably remembering the MAC address from his PC, you usually have to power off the modem for a few minutes so that it can use a new MAC address.

I find it easier just to have a Router, although it does require more out of pocket money. I have Comcast and have my router hooked into the modem and then run a line from my router to my GC. Works fine without further tinkering in either router or options in PSO for connections.