View Poll Results: Will you switch servers?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 22.63%
  • No

135 55.56%
  • Debating

53 21.81%
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zari View Post
    I wonder what all the people here who are claiming that NA/EU will definitely fail completely would react/say if it does really well.
    The US/EU server wouldn't ever be able to surpass the JP one, unless we're talking about community quality, of course, but you know how nice can be our community. In terms of content, stability, updates and events, it's obvious to think that the US/EU servers wouldn't be better than the JP ones just because the content will be coming from there. Of course, that's unless SEGA gave carte blanche to SoA to develop its own content and modify the game at whim, and they managed to tweak the game into better mechanics and events. But they did that for PSU 360 and all they did was to make reskins and repeat events.

In any case I'd give you the same answer as I have now. I don't claim that the NA/EU servers will fail, but the chances for it to surpass the JP servers are nil, in the best of the cases they would be equal (and you gotta give that to me at least, the chances for that are slim), and under that circumstance, I don't see any reason to switch as I have a community of friends that won't switch, the language is not an issue to me and I'd have spent already 8 months worth of playtime there to just start from scratch for no reasons.

As many are saying, in any case I'll probably get a character there anyways, when I know if any of my friends are playing there and where. If I find myself playing more and having more fun in the US/NA servers after a couple months, then I could assume that I'd have "switched" servers already. But I won't throw away what I'll have gotten already in the JP servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zari View Post
    I wonder what all the people here who are claiming that NA/EU will definitely fail completely would react/say if it does really well.
    Then I'll be quite happy to switch. In a similarly likely scenario, I've got a farm a little out west picked out in case Sega of Japan mails me a pony. It's the stable fees that kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    If SEGA Japan DOES IP Block us all, chances are with the little hacker kids doin' their shit, they'll have to cannibalize their American division to keep afloat when they realize the transfer summoned forth a horde of weeaboo gaijin kiddies who love hacking because "i be uber strong roflmaobbqbyob bow to me or i ban joo".....

Yeah, just no. America's already a piece of shit right now, and I'd prefer Japan go back to the closet and leave America alone until they (America) can get some common sense and decency back into their kids. The Japanese at least seem to have a handle on their children (as do the Koreans) - I'd rather we literally beat some sense into our own kids.

Or, if Sega's really going to bring it over, have the feds make it a crime for STUPID people to play online games, with "stupid" being defined as "a person who can't make decisions in life with even an iota of common sense and good will".

That being said, even if PSO2 NA/EU caves and PSO2 JP gives us the finger, I won't really care either way. I've got other hobbies - but they may not last if the death of gaming is brought forth.

Long story short: I hate kids, their parents are pieces of unintelligent and lazy shit, and unless people get reality checks, the world's nothing but a piece of shit. And PSO2's more like a last bastion of creativity in gaming for me - one that really won't matter in the long run.

AAAAAnd I really need to shut up. I'm getting so moody lately - wonder what the deal is?
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    If SEGA Japan DOES IP Block us all, chances are with the little hacker kids doin' their shit, they'll have to cannibalize their American division to keep afloat when they realize the transfer summoned forth a horde of weeaboo gaijin kiddies who love hacking because "i be uber strong roflmaobbqbyob bow to me or i ban joo".....

Yeah, just no. America's already a piece of shit right now, and I'd prefer Japan go back to the closet and leave America alone until they (America) can get some common sense and decency back into their kids. The Japanese at least seem to have a handle on their children (as do the Koreans) - I'd rather we literally beat some sense into our own kids.

Or, if Sega's really going to bring it over, have the feds make it a crime for STUPID people to play online games, with "stupid" being defined as "a person who can't make decisions in life with even an iota of common sense and good will".

That being said, even if PSO2 NA/EU caves and PSO2 JP gives us the finger, I won't really care either way. I've got other hobbies - but they may not last if the death of gaming is brought forth.

Long story short: I hate kids, their parents are pieces of unintelligent and lazy shit, and unless people get reality checks, the world's nothing but a piece of shit. And PSO2's more like a last bastion of creativity in gaming for me - one that really won't matter in the long run.

AAAAAnd I really need to shut up. I'm getting so moody lately - wonder what the deal is?
    No don't shut up. Common sense should have a course in elementary.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

I'll Likely check it out, more then likely play a bit people with I know who will playing the US version. But ill likely stay with the Japanese version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    Common sense should have a course in elementary.
    This is something we can agree with.
    Last edited by Renvalt; Jul 28, 2012 at 05:10 PM.

I really don't like the way they limit the MyShop and trading between players they have currently on JP PSO2 by paying cash. I don't think the NA/EU scene will stand for this, so if they manage to abolish that I'm going to switch servers.

PSO2 Hunter talent tree discussion *Please read the FAQ in the first post*
    PSO2 Repeatable Quest Guide

First things first. Support.

In my opinion it's just inconvenient playing a game where you will receive zero customer support should you ever need it as an english speaker. This could be for getting something fixed, account related issues (which can happen whether you like it or not), or anything else. I don't care if the US/EU version is behind on content, I want to be able to get customer support and be catered to when it comes to purchasing and spending my money on their product. When it comes to spending real life money on in-game junk and something goes a little bit out of wack? I want that ease of mind in knowing that I can get in contact with the company and make things right.

Staying on the JP servers when the US/EU servers release is just a ridiculous notion if you don't speak Japanese because there are so many risks to the long term condition of your account and experience. What if a long way down the road they actually decide to IP ban? It's not an impossible thought. What if you get hacked and lose all your items? What about reporting people who are legitimately doing wrong? These things can and do happen to anyone, and unless you're an acceptable Japanese speaker, you will receive zero assistance in any of these categories, you will always be a 2nd citizen on their servers unless you know Japanese.

Unlike other people who are preaching staying on JP to death, I also don't like breaking the law, even quietly. I am not legally allowed to purchase AC, which means I can't even legally experience all the AC content I'd like to (in terms of additional skill trees and my room, and more mags).

Also...Japan is ahead of other countries in many facets of life, not just PSO2 content. We're talking technology, political balance, crime. That doesn't seem to make you want to move there.

I'm also quite confident that we will see many "improvements" to the game in its westernization. There are many things about the JP cash shop that generally would not be received well in the the US/EU cultures, such as trading, having a room, and skill tree resets. Should these things be made available to everyone, why the hell would you not play the version intended for you?
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 28, 2012 at 05:41 PM.

I'll make an account and play on the US/EU servers, but only to play the story, since I'll actually be able to understand it.

Besides that, JP all the way.

And more curiously...I find hilariousness in this factor...

People put down SEGA's support as the primary negative of SoA. When I see people talk about staying on the JP servers, this is what I can surmise is the their ultimate reason. This is nonsensical though, because support for you as a player is non-existent for you on the JP server.

I'd rather have bad support than no support.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 28, 2012 at 05:46 PM.