Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSP 2 hackers

Hiding in Janthir Isle. Nilkemios's Avatar

Infected partner cards exist now? Any sources of info on this? (And I thought it couldn't get worse.)

scary place on earth called gamefaqs.com,name is CieraBakufu there.

i for one am dissapointed(forgive my poor grammar please)in most of the new hackers since they use bad judgement in doing things and do not look at it from a legit point of view also.anyone can turn on a code and abuse it to make themselves look like a god and i have had some run in's with afew code abusers,but they seem to DC out of the blue(lulz lag spikes for the win).

Quote Originally Posted by Gilmuken View Post
    Infected partner cards exist now? Any sources of info on this? (And I thought it couldn't get worse.)
    it is a code that involves the the partnercard ID# someone said it does not work,but it works and can be an ubber butthurt if you accept the card.you will not know it until you get it to look at there card and the # will -1 as the card ID#.if it happens do not save your data.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Apr 13, 2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: merge consecutive posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fwibbles View Post
    Of course, with Infinity you can also play with randoms without worrying about getting hacked.
    Lol not really. The risk is lower, but there are hackers on the JPN side as well. You don't have to be super suspicious like with the Eng server. But you still need to be smart. If something doesn't feel right then it probably isn't.

If they join my host and piss me off I just send them to my best friend Mr.Lobby and my bodyguard Mr.B!tchlist keeps them out.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX XxGoregrinderxX's Avatar

Infested Partnercards?? ...
    I dont think i will go online again. :/

Quote Originally Posted by XxGoregrinderxX View Post
    zomg all you have to do is not accept there partner card or give them your card and you will be fine that is the only way they can corrupt/tamper with your file.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGoregrinderxX View Post
    As I've said in the last page, you can always drop out of the game without saving or quitting out of the game entirely.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

My theory: DON'T PANIC, TRUST YOUR JUDGEMENT AND INSTINCTS, AND AS MUCH AS YOU CAN STICK WITH PEOPLE YOU KNOW. But don't let paranoia keep you from meeting new people, either, this would pretty much defeat the purpose of social gaming.

As far as the hackers go, I don't think there's any reason to really be alarmed. I think as long as you trust your instincts and try to either host parties yourself or only join parties hosted by people you know, you'll more than likely be okay. I don't usually exchange cards anyway until after a run or two (I like to see how people roll first); I have tons of partner cards but I don't think my data is corrupted; I'm the right level, all my stats are accurate, etc... I have taken the advice of people here and backed up my save file now, but I think other than that I'm just gonna keep playing like I have since I got the game.

I'd love to play with people from psow, too. I say if you know you're gonna be online post here or in the player matchup forum, or send some PM's, as far in advance as you can. I know personally my schedule is fairly erratic because of RL obligations.

I don't have any immediate plans of buying Infinity. The language barrier, and the logistics of scheduling with other people, are deal breakers for me right now. If the day comes when I can't enjoy PSP2 I will probably reconsider, but for now I'm good.
    PSPo2:
    Raederle, F Human LVL125 // VA26
    Questing for:
    Vish Las Gavrecon // Diabolic Embrace // Kamui // Twin Kamui

Generally playing from about 8pm till ??? US Mountain Time ...and other random times

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockjustin View Post
    My theory: DON'T PANIC, TRUST YOUR JUDGEMENT AND INSTINCTS, AND AS MUCH AS YOU CAN STICK WITH PEOPLE YOU KNOW. But don't let paranoia keep you from meeting new people, either, this would pretty much defeat the purpose of social gaming.

As far as the hackers go, I don't think there's any reason to really be alarmed. I think as long as you trust your instincts and try to either host parties yourself or only join parties hosted by people you know, you'll more than likely be okay. I don't usually exchange cards anyway until after a run or two (I like to see how people roll first); I have tons of partner cards but I don't think my data is corrupted; I'm the right level, all my stats are accurate, etc... I have taken the advice of people here and backed up my save file now, but I think other than that I'm just gonna keep playing like I have since I got the game.

I'd love to play with people from psow, too. I say if you know you're gonna be online post here or in the player matchup forum, or send some PM's, as far in advance as you can. I know personally my schedule is fairly erratic because of RL obligations.

I don't have any immediate plans of buying Infinity. The language barrier, and the logistics of scheduling with other people, are deal breakers for me right now. If the day comes when I can't enjoy PSP2 I will probably reconsider, but for now I'm good.
    i like the way you roll and it would be fun to team up with players again.till then i have some skeltons/partner cards that have been inactive for almost two years now to say farewell too...

Its sad to see things haven't changed at all for the network mode. Locking your games or using Mobbitz or this forums is probably a good way to try to make an arrangement to find people to run with online.
    I usually just lock my games whenever I'm in the mood to play online. Backing up your data is also a good idea as well. Incase you run into something suspicious.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.