Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Oh yeah, and making certain rares unique with distinct PA's pre-equipped to them.

So, one example would be a PSO-style photon launcher PA. Maybe tie it to the existing legacy photon launcher. Something to make it unique.

Then the classic five-shot-auto-target shot attack from PSO, put on the spread legacy.

The Last Survivor could easily be given a PA that costs maybe 20 PP and does a normal swing animation that sucks down some percentage of an enemy's max health - exactly like it was in PSO. Using it on bosses...nom nom.

The thought of the legacy talis having a PA that flung out three cards to base PA's off of is terrifying, though. It would need slightly gimped damage...and lighting. My eyes already burn from gigrants spam.

Something to set rare weapons apart is an absolute must for the game. Right now, new rare weapons keep getting released and everyone goes "YAAAAAY! Waaaait..." when the weapons are only one Affix-worth better than a 5*.

Instead of just a special PA on a few weapons, though, I think there should be both special comes-on-the-weapon PAs and special comes-on-the-weapon Affixes (which is something that is already true for a couple items). The PA would be like old-school PSO weapon special attacks: optional but sometimes pretty dramatic (though I bet they'd be almost entirely existing animations with new effects, and that's okay). Affixes would be always active, so even the normal hits of the weapons and your regular PAs would do something different, like have a 10% chance of stealing a small bit of EXP or Meseta. There could even be weapons that come with an awesome unique PA, but have a totally crap Affix with them, like the weapons that would randomly damage you or reduce your max HP.

The weird thing is, I'm pretty sure this'd all be much cheaper and easier to program than modeling new items. I'm not a game designer or anything, but I've done some 3D modeling and some messing around with coding in the Unreal engine, and it's waaaaay easier to change what an item does (three bullets in a spread instead of one) than it is to make something unique from scratch...
    Appropriate use of launcher!
    [Ship 9] Rowe: Hu22 / Ra40 / Fo30 / Gu8 [Team: Busters (Leader)]

It depends on the system's setup. In this case it may really just be easier to put in a new model - there's always more artists after all. A lot of things may be coded in ways that would make it very inconvenient to do what either of us wants, even if it sounds great.

If players clamor for it though, it might happen. They HAVE paid a lot of attention to the fanbase, and they've brought in a lot of ideas from each stage of the game's development. Players really wanted untekked rares, and look what came back. They were probably scratching their heads as to why players would ever want to delay knowing what they'd found, but they did re-add it.

The question is, will they retroactively add it to the rares already in existence? Because they're kind of lame. I'd be pumped if that Vraolet gunslash got some sort of at least semi-amusing ability to go with it.

EDIT: Fixed ridiculous name of ridiculous item.
    Last edited by Rowe; Aug 4, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
    Appropriate use of launcher!
    [Ship 9] Rowe: Hu22 / Ra40 / Fo30 / Gu8 [Team: Busters (Leader)]

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    that Vraolier gunslash
    Woah
    Buraolett?
    Not sure how the name is supposed to make sense anyway
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

My dream mechanic would be the ability to charge techs while using Gunslash attacks and PAs. This would allow you to chain together melee PAs with techs that actually deal some damage. Imagine the possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_S View Post
    My dream mechanic would be the ability to charge techs while using Gunslash attacks and PAs. This would allow you to chain together melee PAs with techs that actually deal some damage. Imagine the possibilities!
    I like the idea of this, maybe as a class skill or something.

----------------

I know this isn't a mechanic but I feel it would be cool if casts' hover jets activated when they dodged... I just think it would look cool.

I agree because I'm a hopeless Zone of the Enders fanboy. I found it strange that they don't at least activate when they jump.

Also, Kuri. KASSHINKON KAGURAAAAAAAAHHH!

God damn Leia is great.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<