Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    I think they made the music TOOOOO atmospheric...
    Yeah, for the most part I think that's spot on. PSU had that same issue with a lot of its music, among other things (OMG CHEAP INSTRUMENTS!).

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

the problem with the music isn't that there are changes based on the situations, it's that the compositions themselves aren't memorable or well executed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikura View Post
    I wanna point out too, and maybe this is just me, but it seems to me like a lot of music composers that may have struck gold with a particular soundtrack years ago can never duplicate it again years later. And when they try, it just doesn't sound quite right.

Like when you listen to the music, it may have that PSO vibe, but it's like something's missing that you can't quite put your finger on. I'm talking about the bgm as it is without all the jumpy transitions by the way. It's good, but it doesn't quite hit the sweet spot.

I don't know, could just be me being biased because the original PSO soundtrack has a lot of nostalgia attached to it for me.
    That could be the case. Although Nobuo Uematsuo had crazy amounts of talent to create the soundtracks that he did. Maybe this Sympathy program is simply stifling these composers? I know the PSO composers also did really good tracks for games like Sonic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    Personally, I'm fine with it. I think it's an interesting concept and I really like it when the music changes based on the situation. For example, it gets faster and more upbeat once a PSE Burst activates.

That's pretty cool to me. Granted, they just add drums and such on top of the original BGM already playing, but still, lol. It gets me hyped all the same (same goes for the Duel transition).
    Agreed. I think the dynamic music is great, full of mood and full of emotion IMO. The music in desert and in tundra being my favorites so far.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

Needs more of this. Less scrambled tracks with no direction.

Spoiler!

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

same thing goes for the level design miright

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    same thing goes for the level design miright
    Most of the areas are nice enough. PSO/PSU based layouts were pretty random in the first place. They do need more set layout missions though AKA i can has moar Taimu Ataku? It really does break up the monotony overall, but in some cases the randomness allows for some pretty terrible layouts.

Well... I can say that the themes are okay for the situations... but as those point out it does end a bit early in some instances.

Personally, when fighting Vol Dragon... I like the transition when you knock the bulb off his tail... then it becomes a rush to get on his back and get that horn off since that is what you would be doing.

For me I am not opposed of the idea since music to me is like looking at a drawing... if I like it... I like it; sometimes in the desert though... there is a part of the theme I do like... but, sadden when it ends early when the music score knows the mobs are not around.. ; ;

I like both the transition system and the music in the game, even if the transition system can be a bit buggy sometimes, for example, music sometimes doesn't transition from calm to battle even though I'm fighting a group of enemies, or music suddenly plays at an higher pitch (not sure if this is intentional, but it doesn't seem so).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by sugarFO View Post
    That could be the case. Although Nobuo Uematsuo had crazy amounts of talent to create the soundtracks that he did. Maybe this Sympathy program is simply stifling these composers? I know the PSO composers also did really good tracks for games like Sonic as well.
    I tend to agree with this point the most. I believe the potential was certainly there for some outstanding music, but since they had to design the music around Sympathy so everything could flow properly, I think it became more of a hindrance than a tool that would benefit them creatively.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/