Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Aside from this I don't really know what to go on with. Should I raise more levels into Weak Bullet/Jellen Shot? Should I just dump everything into R-atk/R-def? Should I dump everything in Weak hit Advance?
    I'm almost in the same boat as you, Ce'Nedra, except half your level. I started out taking the advice of forum-goers and friends and bee-lined it to Weak Hit Advance 2, put one point in it, and realized I didn't want to be pure DPS. RAmarl in PSO was a support class, so I wanted to mimic that as best I could. 6 points in Weak Bullet seems obvious, but I'm unsure what else is worth it.

One friend says Jellen Shot is worth the investment, but I haven't seen incoming damage to the point where it's troublesome (unless Hunters are low-level Fury Stancing). Also not sure whether I should put points into R-Atk, Ability, or Weak Hit once I do grab those skills.

I heard Bind Bullet is a waste, Panic Shot could be useful in parties, but the points might be spread thin at that point. Just reversal was key on Hunter, but is it on Ranger?

Anyway, I'm just trying to plan things out before I waste more points. I'm ignoring traps and Standing Snipe as well.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

Jellen Shot isn't even mediocre, it's outright awful, when maxed it only shaves a tenth of the affected enemies attacking power
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    Jellen Shot isn't even mediocre, it's outright awful, when maxed it only shaves a tenth of the affected enemies attacking power
    So they major nerfed Jellen but not Weak since the CBT...In CBT Jellen was letting a Dark Ragne hit me for 1 damage for a period at level 16 or something.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

As for Jellen Shot, it's actually pretty powerful, just not super useful and you sacrifice a lot of core damage skills to get it to a good number.

If basic formula for damage is (ATK - DEF)*variable (obviously simplified than that, but for a mob that's probably a good start, then here's an example of how it might go.

Pretending the variable is 0.2, mob ATK is 1000, player DEF is 300
    No Jellen: (1000-300)*0.2 = 140 damage
    w/90% Jellen: (900-300)*0.2 = 120 damage
    = 15% reduction in damage

Pretending the variable is 0.2, mob ATK is 1000, player DEF is 500
    No Jellen: (1000-500)*0.2 = 100 damage
    w/90% Jellen: (900-500)*0.2 = 80 damage
    = 20% reduction

Pretending the variable is 0.2, mob ATK is 1000, player DEF is 900
    No Jellen: (1000-900)*0.2 = 20 damage
    w/90% Jellen: (900-900)*0.2 = 1 damage (rounded up to nearest positive integer)
    = 95% reduction

So in general, Jellen benefits you more than 10%, and its benefits increase the more defense you have (same with Deband)

BTW, I've seen wild Quartz Dragons hit glass cannon FOs for 760 damage. Pretty funny stuff. Then again, I'd be terrified to use a launcher on him xD

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Wow, JeyKama FOs for 760 damage. I guess they forgot to eat there Wheatie's in the moring lol. Good thing I Don't have that problem and I play a FO too.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

So like I still don't know really how much Traps are worth it investing in. Are thet like PSU's where you put one down and have to detonate it manually or like PSO they detonate after a period of time? What kind of traps do we have right and such?

Can anyone who uses traps on his ra give me some information on it?

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

This is what I ended up with.

Weak Bullet Lv6 was automatic. As soon as I tried the skill I saw the massive damage increase. I don't think there's a reason not to get it.

Weak Hit Advance 1/2 Lv10 because the return for investment anywhere else is low. I figure I need these skills anyway to make the rifle viable.

Just Reversal was added because Vol Dragon tossed me around like a rag doll and basically one-shot me because I couldn't avoid the onslaught. The mobility seems to be something I can't avoid.

After that I was at a loss. I really want CC / the ability to support my party. Jellen Shot was nerfed as everyone mentioned, so I opted to take a point in Panic Shot. I really wish it could transfer some of the hate in a boss fight, but I'm sure it has its uses. And that... was exactly 45 points.

Anyone see an issue with this build while I'm still Lv17?
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

panic/freeze/poison/burn/shock are all mutually exclusive status effects.
    having a 2min cooldown skill that's so easily canceled? doesn't seem worth it.

I used 2 SP on upper trap. Is interesting to use once in a boss that has standing still periods, when i can just waste all my pp and then casualy plant a trap or two, then resume wasting pp. Its particularly usefull in the 2nd to 3rd weakbullet when you have low pp and nothing to do

Anyone try yet with a space tuna to see if weak hit advance applies to anything other than guns?
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget