Thread: Lightning Force

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I'm a lightning fo.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    I'm a lightning fo.
    lol thanks for your input, Rock
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

lightning is better to killing alot of enemies that are far away from each other(pse burst) while fire is better to killing bosses(and burn works for some of them!) and close clustered enemies
    the more hp enemy has the better fire is, due to burn
    thats from my experience of playing lightning/fire hybrid
    on my new force i did fire tree only, waiting for info on new techs/classes/balance changes
    Last edited by Dammy; Aug 28, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    The best suggestion would probably be, when we get the new level cap and 10 more skillpoints, it's just to invest in both.

I was actually thinking that a skilltree that looks like this would probably be interesting to play with at that time.
    lv50 pure bolt tree

But that bould be... I dunno. I see that skilltree and I think it's sad that you had to spend so many points in the fire tree when you're aiming for a lightning tree. I'd say it'd be better to try to get the best of both. And having an almost 25% extra boost in casting fire techs (maxing flame tech S charge instead of Bolt Mastery) for me is more appealing than getting just a 10% damage boost in lightning techs (doing the opposite).

Just as long as you get Charge Advance over JA since it's strictly better. If you take all three, you're already at 55 SP with no masteries, Flame S Charge, nor Bolt PP Save.

If you're getting the faster casting skill, you may as well get fire mastery and not use bolt techs at all :V

If you do this you lose 10% for all spells (including Resta), but gain 11% for both fire and bolt.

I love being a lightning force. It's so easy to attack groups, even with stragglers here and there. With all my lighting tree maxed, zonde usually out damages my foie even on enemies weak to them, with the exception of boosted enemies and King Yeti.

Less pp consumption also means more pp to spare for heals and buffs, ideally.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/for...4OI2eFIkfbAcAf My current build.

I derp'd and spent one extra point in bolt mastery. It works really well, for the most part; with a PP drink I rarely run out of PP using Gizonde in a fight. And with fire techs to back me up, I feel like I'm literally built for Lilipa missions.

Fire tree is best tree, even ignoring the fire techs though. PP Charge Revival is probably the single best skill point in the game for a Force, and tech charge advance gives 20% bonus with 20 points invested in it to pretty much all techs (since not charging is not a real option). This 20% bonus will stay relevant at higher levels.

I went for the bolt saver first, and was loving it... until I hit lv30, got my PP charge revival skill pip finally... and wished I'd have done that first.

My lowbie character force went down Fire tree first and he's probably more effective level-for-level than my main character was.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Fire at the moment is better at Burst DPS being on oppsite sides of the pool. But when enough SP comes into play Lightning is higher but is slower with it. But at the end the rate is the same except for the first Burst. Fire will make up for it with burn. Just wait for a Ra Foie Nerf in the future. Oh, lol Sa Zonde Weak? lol ...... the only one hard to use is Ra Zonde, you'll be surprised how strong it really is. But wondering how the new 3 tech type's will fair with the Techer tree.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Just as long as you get Charge Advance over JA since it's strictly better. If you take all three, you're already at 55 SP with no masteries, Flame S Charge, nor Bolt PP Save.
    I'm sorry, but why is Charge Advance better than Tech JA bonus? They both give the exact same bonus. +1% extra per level. The only difference is that one just works when you charge, and the other one just works when you JA, and you should be doing both things anyways.

I wasn't talking about getting all the three anyways, just that if you plan on getting Charge PP Revival, it doesn't matter which one we get.

If you're getting the faster casting skill, you may as well get fire mastery and not use bolt techs at all :V
    Well, by that mindset we could say that you may as well get a fire build and not use bolt techs at all anyways, since they'll be more damaging in any case. :V

If you do this you lose 10% for all spells (including Resta), but gain 11% for both fire and bolt.
    So you sacrifice a 10% extra damage for light and ice techs just for a 1% extra damage on flame and bolt? Well if it works for you. But for me it's not worth it.