Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Forest Ark: Part III

Spoiler!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“…Heh, yeah…that’s our Cornelia, alright…” I mumbled under my breath, nodding my head. I started making my way towards her, calling out as I got close, “Ooooooi! Corneliaaa! We’re here to help!” What happened next wasn’t something I was expecting.

Cornelia slowly turned her head to the left to look back at me. “E-En...?” She said weakly. Her face had several cuts on it, as well as several bruises. “Why are you here? F-Farrid told them not to send…any….back……up.” The weakened warrior fell back, though I managed to catch her before she hit the ground.

“O-oi, Cornelia! Cornelia!

“Nnnnnnn, you’re too loooud.”

“At least you’re alright,” I said with a sigh, lowering my voice. Pulling my left arm back, I pulled a trimate and handed it to her, “Here, drink this; you’ll feel better.”

“Mmmm…thanks~ I ran out a while ago.” The ponytailed Newman downed the trimate, and turned away from me, curling up slightly. “So sleepy….”

“Hey! Don’t fall a - aaaaand she’s already asleep. Great.”

Hivernia stood behind me, looking over. “Puzzling…This newman, despite having such large bags of meat on her chest, is quite agile.”

“Large bags of…” I hung my head, “Really, now? That’s the first thing you notice? Not her pretty face, not the huge wired lances she wields. The first things you pick up on are her breasts?”

“Furthermore,” Hivernia continued, seemingly oblivious to my comment, “she seems to place an unreasonable amount of trust in you. Tell me; are the two of you in a romantic relationship?”

“No, Hivernia, we’re not in that kind of relationship.”

“True; you hardly seem capable enough to be in such a relationship with such a physically attractive female…”

“Now, listen, you…” I grumbled, my fist shaking slightly out of annoyance, “how is any of this relevant to the mission?”

She was silent a moment, “…true enough. Silencing vocabulator.”

I quietly shook my head as I picked the sleeping Cornelia up and began carrying her on my back, her arms draped around my neck. “Alright, let’s go.” I trudged off, slightly annoyed.

Hivernia tilted her head to the left and wondered aloud, “Was it something I said?” before following.

As we walked through the wood corridors, Hivernia spoke up, “Enforcer, isn’t it strange that the enemy has yet to renew their attacks? Surely the best time to attack is when we’re caught off guard due to tending a fallen ally.”

“I know. I’m not complaining, though. We’ll be in a lot of trouble if we’re attacked while Cornelia is still asleep. Besides, we still need to see if there are any more survivors.” The truth of the matter was that I was worried about Farrid. I’d fully expected to find the two of them together. As it stood now, though…well, things just got a lot more complicated.

“You worry about this female quite a bit, don’t you?”

I heaved a mechanical sigh, “Yes, I do. And not just her. Farrid too. Is it strange that I worry about my friends?”

“Your concern is jeopardizing our ability to complete the mission.”

“You said it yourself; it’s hard to gauge whether we’ll be able to remove the enemy as it stands. We might as well find anyone we can, before leaving. At least we’ll have a recount of what happened to turn this operation into a nightmare.”

“Are you sure you’re not using that as pretense to search for your lost friends?”

That was the last straw. Turning slowly, almost ominously, I pointed a finger at Hivernia, “Listen, and listen well, because I’m only going to say this once. Yeah, I care about my friends. A lot. Why? Because they’re my fucking friends, that’s enough of a reason to me. But will I throw away the lives of someone else, or use them as an excuse? No I will not! If I’m able, I will bring every damn soldier back; preferably alive. But that doesn’t always happen; people die, people lose the fight. We have to make sacrifices. But forgive me if I’d rather not lose the people I care about. I’d rather not lose anyone. I didn’t join the Arks to satiate some wild lust for darker blood. I joined so I could protect others, so I could save Human, Newman, and CAST alike. I don’t know why you joined, and I. don’t. give a damn. Our mission is two-fold; eliminate the darker presence if possible, and rescue survivors. YOU have already expressed your lack of confidence in regards to completing the former, so I am going to attempt to complete the latter. If you’re suspicious of my methods and modus operandi, then leave. And take Cornelia with you, while you’re at it. She’s a survivor, and shouldn’t have to suffer for it. I don’t even care if you take the credit, so long as she’s safe.”

Hivernia stood frozen, seemingly stunned at my proposal. “Ridiculous. Ridiculous…continue on? By yourself? The chances of you completing this mission are under ten perce-”

“I’m not worried about my ‘chances’,” I growled, “Leave the statistics alone for a bit. Either you come with me and try to see this mission through, or you abandon it. It’s simple.”

“…Fine. I’ll accompany you; because it’s our ‘mission’.”

“…thank you. Now, let’s continue moving.”

A short while later, Hivernia and I reached another clearing. This one was ringed with trees, similar to the one we’d found Cornelia in. Speaking of the green haired Newman, she had begun to stir, so I set her on the ground, leaning her against one of the trees.

“Hivernia, do you detect anything around us?”

“Analyzing….” The metal fins that comprised her skirt began to twitch, and it was at that moment that I realized what they were for. They were her radar.

“Impressive…So that’s what allows you to scan the area so well.”

“Remain silent, I require concentration. I’m conducting an intensive scan of the whole area.”

I left Hivernia to her work and checked on Cornelia again. “Cornelia...Cornelia? Come on, you need to wake up, this is serious.”

Suddenly Cornelia threw her arms around my neck, causing me to lose my balance and fall back, taking her with me. Looking up, I saw that she was laying on me, still sleeping.

“O-oi, you -”

“Ufufufu~<3 Ce’Nedra~”

“I-I’m not Ce’Nedra! Cornelia, wake up!

“Ce. Ne. dra.” She giggled in her sleep.

“Your body is so cold. I can warm you up~”

CORNELIA, WAKE UP!!!

“Eh..? What is…?” She wondered groggily as she slowly opened her eyes.

As our eyes met, I stared at her unflinchingly, “You awake yet, Princess?” My voice was thick with sarcasm.

She jumped up with a “KYAAAAH!”, but not before slapping me across the face. “E-EN!? What were you doing to me!?”

“Uh…hold on, Cornelia, you threw your arms around me. I don’t know what you were dreaming about, but-”

“Enforcer,” Hivernia broke in, “if you’re done being flirtatious, I’m finished.”

I looked at Hivernia, then back at Cornelia, who cocked an eyebrow, “My my, flirtatious? En, you animal~”

I hung my head, “Ha ha, veeeeeeery funny.” I grumbled as I got to my feet. “Alright, Hivernia, what did you find?”

“…Nothing.”

“…Nothing at all?”

“Correct.”

“….Right.”

Suddenly, a dark red portal opened up. The creature that flipped through the portal was all too familiar to us. Four heavily armored legs, a pair of shorter ‘arms’, and a bulbous spinneret like sack connected to a small body. One of the more fearsome Darkers we were forced to fight. The Dark Ragne.

“Arks,” I said, slowly reaching for the rifle on my back. “Things just got a lot harder.”
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Aug 10, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

One does simply not ingore these large bags of meat

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Ooooi >>...

<|Friendly Warrior||Theme made by Zorafim|>
    <|Wired-Lance Super Hard Boss Battles|>
    <|Visit my Flickr for PSO2 Related Pics!|>

You know its true~~♪

Celestial Manager~
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Updated. I added onto my last post. Hope it's not too much trouble.

Be glad she didn't start making out with you :P

Celestial Manager~

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Be glad she didn't start making out with you :P
    You've no idea how long I went back and forth, trying to decide whether or not I should have the sleeping Cornelia kiss En on the cheek before he yelled. XD

All and all, I decided this was better.

EDIT:

This song is what I've been listening to a lot recently, so expect one of the sections to be heavily influenced by it. That being said, it won't exactly be 'happy.'

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Sep 5, 2012 at 07:07 AM.

Looks like I inspired some themes in dat siggy. o wo) b

Forest Ark: Part IV

-----------------------------

The Ragne roared before stomping towards us. And it wasn’t just a normal Ragne. An inflamed cancerous bulb protruded from the Ragne’s body, giving off some angry kind of vapor, and the creature’s entire body was tinted red.

“FLOWER! MOVE ARKS, GET OUT OF THE WAY!”

Hivernia did as I ordered; rushing to the right, but Cornelia wasn’t so quick to respond. She took two quick steps to the left, before wincing and losing her balance. “Dammit! Hivernia! SUPPRESSING!

“Acknowledged, suppressing enemy movement.” She answered before taking a knee and firing at the Ragne in full automatic fire. While it didn’t seem to actually hurt the Ragne, it at least caused the creature to pause long enough for me to pick Cornelia up and put some distance between the creature and myself.

“H-Hey!” Cornelia chimed while in my arms, “Th-this isn’t something you normally do with a Co-worker! I-I’m very innocent.”

I looked at her, my skepticism invisible behind my face. “You? Innocent?” I deadpanned. “Riiiight…”

“Heeey! It’s true!” She looked away, pretending to be offended.

“Can we do this after we kill this thing, please?”

“Fiiiiiiine.”

Hivernia suddenly yelled at us, “ENFORCER, YOUR ASSISTANCE IS REQUIRED IMMEDIATELY. PLAY WITH YOUR LOVER WHEN WE ARE NOT IN IMMINENT DANGER.”

“For the last time, she isn’t my lover!

“Yeah,” Cornelia piped up, scrambling out of my arms onto her own feet, “Who’d want to be with a refrigerator like this? He takes up too much space!”

“I hate you so much right now.”

“…Sowwy, En.”

I just shook my head as I pulled my rifle off my hip. “Just be careful, alright?” I grumbled before taking off at a run towards the Ragne, which was now chasing Hive. Suddenly the Ragne stopped and roared, as small red rings appeared on the ground that looked similar to both the bulb on Ragne, and the portal it had appeared through. One appeared at my feet, and I had to dive away as angry red lightning streaked from the sky and impacted on several of the circles, including the one I was just standing on. As I made it to my feet again, I managed to notice the Ragne swipe at something, and a yellow mass went flying into the trees, causing one to actually crack and topple over.

“Oh, no…don’t tell me that was…HIVERNIA! REPORT!

Silence was all that responded.

…dammit.

There was a good amount of distance between the Ragne and myself, so I started to run clockwise, from roughly the 3 o’clock position towards the 6 o’clock, though the Ragne was trying to focus its attention on me. Suddenly it stopped to roar again. As it reared back, I took the opportunity to shoot it in the mouth, which it didn’t take kindly to. The Ragne flinched, and suddenly fell forward. I heard Cornelia cheer as she appeared on the Darker’s carapace, which covered the spinneret, and ran towards the small body at the center. She began slashing at a red lump on its back, which was its ‘weak point’ and I made my way around, taking a few shots at it myself.

As the Ragne regained its footing and rose, Cornelia refused to leave the creature’s back, opting instead to tear into the Ragne’s weakness. The Ragne began to shake, and a dark cloud that almost looked like static formed around it. Before I could yell to Cornelia, she took off across the Ragne’s back, leaping off a few moments before the cloud seemed to spark and fizzle. Cornelia’s landing didn't go very well, though. When she hit the ground, instead of her usual finesse, she tumbled.

I was torn between rushing to help her and trying to pull the attention of the Ragne, but the Ragne made my decision for me, though, as it turned towards Cornelia, who was half collapsed.

“This woman is going to overclock my processor…” I grumbled, taking off at a sprint. I skid to a halt, putting myself in between Cornelia and the Dark Ragne. Just as it released a volley of deadly red disks in an arc in front of it, I raised my arms in front of me. If nothing else, I could at least shield Cornelia. I braced myself just before a disk impacted. As it hit, I felt my armor fuss and groan from the energy behind each disk. A second disk hit, and I was pushed back slightly. A third hit, and I fell to one knee as smoke began billowing from an arm. A fourth hit, and I was knocked onto my back, narrowly missing Cornelia. Scrambling back to one knee, my whole body started to crack and sputter from the damage.

“E-En! Stop this, you’re going to kill yourself!”

“I’m not going to just let this thing kill us, Cornelia.”

“B-but…”

The Ragne fired another volley, and this time I dropped down on all four, my vision starting to error out. I could feel small micro explosions occurring throughout my body, as well as smoke billowing from various breaches in my armor.

“C-Cornelia….r-ru-”

The Ragne reared back and roared in triumph.
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Aug 10, 2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Minor corrections

Forest Ark: Part V

Spoiler!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“No! I won’t leave you!” Cornelia jumped to her feet, and placed herself between the Ragne and myself.

“Fool…girl.”

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!”

I couldn’t look up, but I did manage to make out the sound of someone running across trees. Forcing my head up, I made out a familiar blue haired Ranger jump off of a high branch, only to disappear as she landed on the Ragne’s back. Several long bursts of fully automatic fire echoed, followed by the Darker’s angry cries. Cornelia immediately spun on her heels and grabbed my arm, in an attempt to drag me away. My frame sparked angrily as she attempted to do so, and she dropped me, my face going straight into the ground.

“Will you stop doing that?”

“S-sorry, En!”

I let out a loud cough as I struggled to my feet, “G-Go check on Hivernia, I’m going to try and help Farrid.”

“But…”

“Dammit, Cornelia, go check on Hivernia.

“F-Fine! Jerk!” She huffed, before running off to check Hivernia.

I shook my head and turned towards the Ragne, my frame still a mess. Sluggishly, I queued my Ridultv and fired three shots at the large Darker, which was busy trying to dislodge Farrid from its back. The launcher rounds jarred me too much, and my vision became slightly blurry.

“Come on….shake it off. You’re supposed to be tougher than this.”

“EEEEN! I got your friend!” I looked to my left and saw Cornelia supporting Hivernia as they both shambled away from the broken tree.

“Drop a pipe! We’re leaving!” I switched to my rifle and fired off several bursts at the Ragne. And then the worst possible thing happened. A screech echoed behind me.

A second Ragne had showed up.

“Ah, shi- Cornelia! Get the pipe set up and get out of here! Farrid and I will follow!”

“But…”

“WE DON’T HAVE TIME TO ARGUE! JUST DO IT!”

Surprisingly, she actually listened to me.
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Aug 10, 2013 at 04:25 PM.