Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Will probably he subbing Techer on RA when this drops, beside the hate. MkV was a Guntecher in PSU, and MkX will continue the tradition. COMBAT MEDIC, REPRESENT!
    *highfive* Doing the exact same thing!

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by LK1721 View Post
    *highfive* Doing the exact same thing!
    *returns it* Damn straight!
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

I'll be going Fighter/force myself. It's a shame though, that you'll never be able to use more than the 4 weapon types at any given time. Makes the game feel really restricted.

Also, 20% stats seems really low, even for a subclass.

Don't assume that your subclass won't be able to use their weapons just yet. The upcoming update probably has a bunch of universal weapons in it. It's just that you'll probably have to settle for weaker variants of those weapons (like for example, only Fighter would have access to something powerful like a Double Cannon, but something like Girasole could be classified as universal).

Speculation on the effectiveness of each subclass, assuming all of the skill tree's perks get applied:

Hunter - Non-Tech classes all benefit from Fury Stance and JA Bonus. All Force and Techer gets from it is the Defense Stance and War Cry for using surround attacks, which doesn't seem that great. Techer also gets... more wand damage.
    Fighter - All the classes can benefit from Fighter, as Brave/Wise Stance should apply the bonus to everything, I think. Did it's description say Techniques?
    Ranger - Should eb awesome with Gunner, but for other classes, it just provides Weak Shot and Traps for A good supportive option I suppose for non-Gunner. However, note that from a Rifle to a different weapon type kills the bullets, so you're going to have to use all 3 bullets before you switch back to your weapon.
    Gunner - Ranger has so much to benefit from this, with the combination of Weak Bullet and Chain Trigger being the notable attraction. Other classes could still make use of Chain Trigger, Attack PP Restore, and Aerial Advance (Twin Daggers being the prime example).
    Force - Save for Techer, possibly the worse subclass option . The only reason to even consider it is PP Charge Revival, and even then , you are just an inferior Force AND Techer. Sub in Techer instead if you are going for the support aspect.
    Techer - For Force, this could help make Technics easier to spam, as the combination of Charge PP Revival and PP Restraint should allow for that. It's also probably the best way to get a lot out of Zan, Grants, and Megid. Grants especially, since the new area, which is all Darkers, is weak to Light. Light has a chance of being Dark Falz's weakness too. For the other four, it makes a good supportive option, and is the best way for those who want to play like a HUnewearl and RAmarl in PSO (only this time, your support techs aren't outclassed!).
    Last edited by D-Inferno; Sep 22, 2012 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMango View Post
    I'll be going Fighter/force myself. It's a shame though, that you'll never be able to use more than the 4 weapon types at any given time. Makes the game feel really restricted.

Also, 20% stats seems really low, even for a subclass.
    Well it is 20% bonus stats on top of your existing stats. Seriously it'd feel very OP to say go gunner/ranger to pretty much double your ranged stat if it were 100%.

Photon Martial Artist DjDragoon's Avatar

So what's the point of a Force/Techer subbing a Ranger/Gunner? Sakai didn't think this through. It looks like Rangers/Gunners will get the better end of this deal by subbing other classes. Rangers with weak bullet and Fury Stance is gonna be interesting.
    Photon Martial Artist

Yes 100% would be too much, but say for example... a 20% bonus on a Hunter/Fighter or Ranger/Gunner that uses Force/Techer as a subclass means you're just going to have really weak techs.

Imo the biggest thing this is going to do is make rangers even more OP than they already were.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    This. I find it pretty stupid. Once again Melee classes get the short end of the stick...
    Don't say that too quickly. Both melee classes have many non-weapon related skills that can greatly boost damage and defense in any other classes.

While techers are the only ones who can use their PAs without the weapons, that's pretty useless anyways. Teching without a tech weapon cuts you out of potentially 500 TATK points, not to count that if you're getting just the 20% of your subclass's stats, you're already very low on TP. Only useful techs are pretty much supportive and non-damage related ones, and none of the two techer classes have that good active skills.

That means that FO is pretty useless as a subclass compared to Techer, not even the PP charge skill is that flashy as any other class will get PP back by attacking normally, and I don't think a boost in Shifta cast is worth the hassle of using FO as a subclass. At least Techer boosts buffs and normal PP restoration...

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Yeah they SERIOUSLY need to add non-joke allclass weapons, stat.

I really didn't think they'd do this. This is pretty bad.

Stuff on the level of the double saber legacy is ideal. Hell, maybe make the full series of legacy weapons all-class. Talis, etc.
    As the game is now it's very unfair. You got stuff like Duel Gaze which is a pretty neat tech weapon but then you have shits like the Space Tuna as the only aviable sword for sub Hunter. I'm really hoping they make a regular series of "free for all" weapons or elase I'll have to be for the rest of my PSO2 life using a Duel Gaze and that stupid Mic Stand to make my offensive techs marginally useful...

That, or they're going to add some PSPo2i-like "grade shop" that will allow to add weapon categories to your class, or switch them somehow. But as it is now, is even worse than PSU hybrid class system, at least there you had access to some regular weapons for both your "halves"...

Overall I'm unhappy with the way sub-classes are sounding but we all knew they'd have to put some sort of restrictions on them. My main concern tho is that i'm hoping Sega is feeling nice enough and does a universal reset of everyone's Skill Trees when this sub-class content patch comes out. I know they want to make money, but there is a difference between having the "option" to pay for an SP reset if you want to tweak your character, or being "forced" to pay for an SP reset to make your new sub-class character useable.
    "Are you sure what side of the glass you are on?" - NIN

Currently playing PSO2 JP: LadyWolf - Ship 09

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDreamer View Post
    Overall I'm unhappy with the way sub-classes are sounding but we all knew they'd have to put some sort of restrictions on them. My main concern tho is that i'm hoping Sega is feeling nice enough and does a universal reset of everyone's Skill Trees when this sub-class content patch comes out. I know they want to make money, but there is a difference between having the "option" to pay for an SP reset if you want to tweak your character, or being "forced" to pay for an SP reset to make your new sub-class character useable.
    Given how they did not hand out Mag Reset devices in the most recent update; I doubt they'll do this (Hunters and their Karina come to mind). Though it would be nice.

Sub-Classes sound rough right now; it's a new feature, and will hopefully add variety to the classes we all see. That's all well and good. Right now based on the information we have ,it looks rough. Requiring those multi-class weapons is a big one.

Hopefully they'll refine sub-classes more somewhere down the line.