Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leveling

Basically, you level up a lot through the exp rewards of certain client orders. Sometimes (and by that I mean on rare occasions) you can get a healthy chunk of exp when doing a specific, emergency mission and getting to a really good multiparty area where players will try to get some serious PSE burst going on. But that's really not the common situation.

The common situation is, you do the first weapon missions from Hans near the central elevator, then a couple of others from Joseph, and slowly, your character builds up the levels.
    Then you let Coffee boss you around in her client orders and it will unlock all kinds of shenanigans, which you can use for your other classes once you hit the maximum in the class you're currently using.

btw Zorafim, the new girl Barbara is at about the place where the J is on your map, but on the lower floor. (gives the weapon missions for the new classes)
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

I tried 1 client order and completed it. Lavelle. Her second one is impossible at my level (the stupid timed Dagan hunt bullcrap). I don't kill things fast enough right now. The only way for me to get big quest points to complete it are by getting caught in Breeahda emergency codes. But they always swarm me and I die in 4 hits. Using Dimates is incredibly slow even when I get away so I get hit and killed anyway. I tried it 6 times just now. Came close 4.

There are no other client orders at the moment either.

And I'll complain about slow leveling all I want considering I only switched classes BECAUSE it was going at a dead snail pace. I really don't know what to do at this point. I think I'm just gonna uninstall. No use getting frustrated over a game.
    These issues are why I stay away from JRPG's usually. Bad, slow, grind fests. Poor quests, and nothing ever goes smoothly. Stuck at level 5? Trickster, Maple Story, and La Tale weren't even this slow.
    I just figured this game would be the best. Oh well. :/

Thanks for trying to help, though.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I tried 1 client order and completed it. Lavelle. Her second one is impossible at my level (the stupid timed Dagan hunt bullcrap). I don't kill things fast enough right now. The only way for me to get big quest points to complete it are by getting caught in Breeahda emergency codes. But they always swarm me and I die in 4 hits. Using Dimates is incredibly slow even when I get away so I get hit and killed anyway. I tried it 6 times just now. Came close 4.
    I think someone once said that if you just focus on killing Dagans and ONLY Dagans, it's enough for an S-Rank (plus it's a heck of a lot faster for Koffie and Lavelle's timed client orders). You could try that. Another tip I can give you is that in Area 2, memorize where the Dagans spawn. Try to make a route based on where they spawn (if you don't go far enough, they won't respawn) and just go back and forth between different spawn points, killing every single Dagan that spawns and nothing else (except the Breeahdas if you're feeling brave enough).

Afin (yellow-haired Newman(?) Ranger; usually walking around near the Campship exit in the lobby) should have a few client orders if you haven't done them already. His first one unlocks additional client orders from Ohza (green-haired guy by the center elevator), Marlu (violet(?)-haired girl in the purple-ish dress on the other side of Ohza), and Lisa (a CAST girl way towards the back; stand between Ohza and Marlu, and put your back to the elevator; you'll see her pretty quick), depending on your class (you have to be Lv2 to unlock them, though) that unlock even further client orders from Joseph. Refer to the map that Zoraphim posted for NPC locations.

Also, Hans is on the completely opposite side of the lobby from Lavelle. Provided that you did Afin's first client order (that one seems to be required to get most of the rest unlocked), he should have something for you to do.

And I'll complain about slow leveling all I want considering I only switched classes BECAUSE it was going at a dead snail pace. I really don't know what to do at this point. I think I'm just gonna uninstall. No use getting frustrated over a game.
    ... No offense, but I'm actually curious to know every single little thing you did for those 10 hours to only hit Lv5 Hunter and Lv3 Ranger. I ran the Dagan Elimination quest at Lv1 Techer when I unlocked it (default Wand, no units; only advantage was my over-leveled Technics) and I hit Lv4 by the time I finished it (of course, I didn't take Lavelle's client order, so I wasn't on a time limit).
    Last edited by Maronji; Sep 26, 2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added descriptions for NPCs

These issues are why I stay away from JRPG's usually. Bad, slow, grind fests. Poor quests, and nothing ever goes smoothly. Stuck at level 5? Trickster, Maple Story, and La Tale weren't even this slow.
    I just figured this game would be the best. Oh well. :/

Thanks for trying to help, though.
    And here I was thinking PSO2 is one of the faster paced games.

Of course you die in four hits.

There's something we like to do and it's called

(FYI, double-tapping a direction key or pressing X on the keyboard accomplishes this)

The whole reason you're slow is because you simply didn't grasp the whole leveling process. You aren't supposed to just find the biggest army of mobs to kill until you hit the next level, you're meant to grab a client order (the equivalent of quests in other RPGs) and then hunt down that specific mob or complete the task. At no point in this game should you be aimlessly grinding a quest. Ever.

Now try again with the feedback everyone else has given you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    Another tip I can give you is that in Area 2, memorize where the Dagans spawn. Try to make a route based on where they spawn (if you don't go far enough, they won't respawn) and just go back and forth between different spawn points, killing every single Dagan that spawns and nothing else (except the Breeahdas if you're feeling brave enough).
    Just patrol the river—the end of it and the waterfall are guaranteed to spawn Dagans and you should come across even more between those two points.

I just started the game and level 10 now. Maybe in 5 or 6 hours?
    But yeah I do agree it's all been a grind so far and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    And here I was thinking PSO2 is one of the faster paced games.

Of course you die in four hits.

There's something we like to do and it's called

TFS Running Gag: Dodge! - YouTube

(FYI, double-tapping a direction key or pressing X on the keyboard accomplishes this)

The whole reason you're slow is because you simply didn't grasp the whole leveling process. You aren't supposed to just find the biggest army of mobs to kill until you hit the next level, you're meant to grab a client order (the equivalent of quests in other RPGs) and then hunt down that specific mob or complete the task. At no point in this game should you be aimlessly grinding a quest. Ever.

Now try again with the feedback everyone else has given you.
    I love you. That is all.

Also yes as far as the action oriented PS games with the rpg elements we've always died in naught but a few hits. If you don't like that than build a tank hunter dear OP, otherwise get used to being on your toes cause there's not going to be a time when you're in a run that is catered to your level group where the enemies won't kill you in just a few hits. It's the beauty of games like this, I for one assure you though, once you get used to the game, it's ridiculously easy to avoid getting hurt badly.

Ranger has Range, Force has range, Hunter has guard and a dodge. Gunner has an epic dodge, Fighter has a fluid and quick dodge, Techter has resta and buffs.

I can't tell you my experience with all of them at this time but I can tell you that as a Fighter, getting hit is rare although I'm at close range with all the evasive maneuvers I can do, and daggers oh lol those are just wonderful, you can sit above a mob all day and pick them apart one by one.
    Last edited by Sesheenku; Sep 27, 2012 at 05:48 AM.

Jean also has a few easy client orders which teaches you about the game's systems.

Also, please remember that each quest has a monster level and also a minimum class level. For example, the dagan extermination quest, it has a monster level of 5, but no minimum class level, which means you can go into it at level 1. The nav rappy quest has a monster level of 7 but a minimum class level of 5, so you can go into it at level 5. Don't worry about being underlevelled in these cases since your stats and units start making up for it.

That also reminds me, are you actually equipping units? They increase your defence so it is a good idea.

But anyway, you start to speed up when you start getting photon arts/techniques and start figuring out the enemy attack patterns.

To be honest though, I don't level up that quickly myself since I don't see the point in rushing to 40 all around. I have been taking my time and just killing things, but then again, I'm really in this for the fun I get out of playing the game, not the stats/levels/damage.

If you do still have problems. Try teaming up with other players or use NPCs (I know people will dislike me for writing that, but I don't care). Teaming up with other humans is better, but using NPCs can help. They are mostly usless and don't revive you, but they give you extra damage and when you have at least two of them, provide extra enemies. They also automatically revive when they die, so you can just ignore them most of the time too.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Sep 27, 2012 at 06:23 AM.

Somehow this kind of thread is everywhere in every MMO, i myself find this game have enough grind, not too many not too less at this point. If you like the game, some grind is no problem anyway. If you don't like, even a bit grind/stale will make you feel frustrated and quit.

1-2 hours into the game, minus the tutorial and the learning steps, is kinda enough to get you to level 10 or close to it. After that quests appears a lot from many different clients make going to 20 is a piece of cake. 20 to 25 might be a bit slow, but there is emergency quest for that where you can join hardmode at just level 20 for plenty of exp and money. Again, after 25, leveling becomes piece of cake again.

If anything, meseta grind might be really grindy cause non-AC user can't put up shop, but even that is acceptable. Even 2nd, 3rd classes or something leveling doesn't feel too slow for me, at least with this cap anyway. Just check daily quests often (a lot of them, and they give a lot of exp), and go to crowded block to take full advantage of MPA.

It is also important to get some friends to play with if possible, that will help, at least mentally