Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    The blog entry mentioned something along the lines of "we're looking into ways for you to waste your extra rares that you can't trade."
    It is funny how I never even thought of the whole find a 10* that you do not ever plan to use which for me will happen as I just love double sabers. Now as it currently stands it would just become a paper weight. Sega please come up with something to counter this obvious flaw.
    The Creator of Syncesta!

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCannon View Post
    It is funny how I never even thought of the whole find a 10* that you do not ever plan to use which for me will happen as I just love double sabers. Now as it currently stands it would just become a paper weight. Sega please come up with something to counter this obvious flaw.
    They're not to come up with a good way. They'll just come up with a half-ass way to counter this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    They're not to come up with a good way. They'll just come up with a half-ass way to counter this.
    Hope it is not some PSOBB mime : "Okay, we let you donate unused 10* weapon for team point!!"

5* vs 9*, 6* vs 10*
    And I agree, 5* still far from 9* when compare for max setting. and I m pretty sure that 6* will be in much larger gap compare to 10*, because 10* is going into new realm of untradeable. Untradeable is trademark for top gear in usual MMO.
    5* is just a good value item that worth the cost only to use it until I can get my hand on 9* 50%. It will be the same that 6* is just a temporary until I can get 10*

Anyway, I ll deal with it for now... I ll wait for next survey chance.
    Last edited by Arika; Oct 3, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

[QUOTE=BIG OLAF;2865160]That's what I was thinking, too. With super-high-end rares being untradable and unsellable, some people are never going to get their hands on one, what with PSO2's 1/35843394290389 chance of getting a red drop.

ur kidding about the drop rate thing.......right? it's not that low?

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm not sure if this deserves it's own topic or not but there are some other changes coming to PSO2 with this update. From the official blog:
    • Rooms that have existed for over four hours will no longer spawn enemies nor will rooms nearing four hours (at 3 hours & 30 minutes) be accepting new parties.
    • Vendor prices for weapons and units will be falling to "combat inflation."
    • Vendor prices for single star weapons and items will be raised.
    • 10 star and greater items will not be tradeable in any way.
    • Level 11 disks will not be tradeable in any way.
    • 7 Star or greater weapons will now drop with elements in the 20~45 range while tekked items will 25~50 range.
    • Boss will drop more meseta when they drop meseta (this doesn't mean they'll drop more meseta but the value of the meseta they drop will increase).
    • Eventually, the amount of meseta needed to grind weapons will be decreased
    ...*Facedesk*

JP community, please please PLEASE complain about this.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    ...*Facedesk*

JP community, please please PLEASE complain about this.
    50:50 chance. consider how Monster Hunter is so popular there..

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    • [1]Rooms that have existed for over four hours will no longer spawn enemies nor will rooms nearing four hours (at 3 hours & 30 minutes) be accepting new parties.
      [2]Vendor prices for weapons and units will be falling to "combat inflation."
      [3]Vendor prices for single star weapons and items will be raised.
      [4]10 star and greater items will not be tradeable in any way.
      [5]Level 11 disks will not be tradeable in any way.
      [6]7 Star or greater weapons will now drop with elements in the 20~45 range while tekked items will 25~50 range.
      [7]Boss will drop more meseta when they drop meseta (this doesn't mean they'll drop more meseta but the value of the meseta they drop will increase).
      [8]Eventually, the amount of meseta needed to grind weapons will be decreased
    These are some pretty significant changes. Let's go through them one by one.

1. This must be to discourage MPAs, and I welcome that change. I'd much prefer playing through a quest normally and killing the boss in a single party. It's boring and there is no challenge to run around the same map for hours with 12 players. Also, it's a lot of extra effort to keep 12 players together all the time.

2. I'm OK with this. Since this is the main way to get meseta, if players have less meseta, the price of items in player shops will decrease. Overall, not much will change. Instead of earning 100k an hour and buying an item for 1m, you will earn 50k and hour and buy an item for 500k.

3. Good.

4. Fucking excellent. The game will no longer be "pay to win"! Meseta will only be used for buying AC scratch items, since you can't buy equipment anymore.

5. Once again, no more "pay to win". This is a very positive change to the game overall. It kinda sucks not being able to buy/sell/trade items anymore but at least it's fair to all players. The strongest players will be the ones who are better at the game and who play the game more, as it should be. Sorry, rich players. You won't be stronger than me anymore.

6. No comment. I play as force so this doesn't affect me.

7. I hope it's enough meseta to make bosses worth killing. I also think that the boss at the end of the quest should have a much higher rare drop rate than bosses found randomly in the field, to help favor single parties over multiparty.

8. One of the few remaining uses for meseta and it will be decreased? Thanks to this and the changes preventing items from being traded means that AC scratch items will cost a lot more. There isn't much else to spend meseta on, so that means you will have a lot more meseta to spend on AC scratch items. It will all even out in the end.

tl;dr
    PSO2 will no longer be pay to win. Fucking awesome. I'm really surprised Sega would do this. The game will be much better and more fair, but Sega will make less money overall. Thank you, Sega. You decided to sacrifice revenue to improve the quality of the game. That's very admirable and rare in today's gaming industry.
    Quit PSO2

i am glad that 10 star items are not trade-able. it means people won't take the easy way out of finding items. if you want it you work for it. it's that simple. im actually glad that they are putting a stop to this. it completely defeats the purpose of calling an item rare if it is common on the game space, especially if that someone didnt work hard to achieve the item in the first place. its like someone cheating off of your test(let's say in high school) you work so hard to study for that test, then someone who didnt do any studying what so ever takes the liberty to cheat off you to get an easy a.

Sounds like a really nice patch, will make finding a 10* a lot more satisfying than a guy with a ton of money going out and buying a fully grinded decked out version and actually make people hunt for them as it was intended for a pso game, although being able to trade the 10* for other weapons with other players wouldn't be a bad idea either. Hopefully they switch up the leveling curve just a bit also, not holding my breath but here's hoping.

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

I am surprised there is still no use for photon drops , crystals , spheres.. when will these have a use!? or do they already?
    The Creator of Syncesta!