Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Well, I'd prefer the certain drop on all rares yes, but realistically it should only really go on items that can't be traded. The difference with items that can be traded is that there's a steady flow of them into the game. For something that has a 1/1000 droprate, you might not find it after 5000 kills, but you can assume with relative certainty that 5 have entered the hands of other players while you were looking.

That's totally cool with me. One player might find two, lucky for him, another doesn't find any, unlucky for him - but they can exchange the items with the money the unlucky player made while looking. I won't say all chance is bad, it gives a reason to play for a lot of people. I just don't think chance should be the exclusive decider of the entire game. It's just...not fun to roll snake eyes every time you gamble. And for some people out there, well, that's what happens every time they try.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Well, I'd prefer the certain drop on all rares yes, but realistically it should only really go on items that can't be traded. The difference with items that can be traded is that there's a steady flow of them into the game. For something that has a 1/1000 droprate, you might not find it after 5000 kills, but you can assume with relative certainty that 5 have entered the hands of other players while you were looking.

That's totally cool with me. One player might find two, lucky for him, another doesn't find any, unlucky for him - but they can exchange the items with the money the unlucky player made while looking. I won't say all chance is bad, it gives a reason to play for a lot of people. I just don't think chance should be the exclusive decider of the entire game. It's just...not fun to roll snake eyes every time you gamble. And for some people out there, well, that's what happens every time they try.
    If someone gets nothing every single time they try I can see a huge problem with the system, but if someone just gets something they didn't want but still got a rare I dunno what exactly to call that, lucky? unlucky? and by rare I don't mean daylights scars more like a much more uncommon drop, I would count rares like daylight as nothing, they are the varista of pso2 lol But yes I do agree if it's to the point where if someone gets nothing (or something equivalent to a daylight) every single time, there does need to be changes made. And now I'm off to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    What I think they should do is just set days where the drop rate to things are raised by reasonable amount
    They used to do this in PSU. It was like daily star luck... or something...

You guys ask if we play for damage over looks.

Now I ask you - Can you beat a Time Attack with S rank if all of you used only 1* weapons? Yes? Can you do it as Hunters? Yes? Then I should bow down and worship your superior prowess.

Okay, maybe if you used 3* weapons you might stand a reasonable chance, but I generally don't see it happening. And that's why we have rares: to give you that edge where you need it.

But rares are not the best weapons in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Ogni-XR21 View Post
    But rares are not the best weapons in this game...
    Yeah they are. o.o

Okay, maybe a bouquet rifle doesn't trump all the common rifles, but an Adirou (whatever you wish to call that sword) is indeed better than all the other swords...

Not all of them are the best. There are exceptions though, namely that sword.

@Inazuma - This game hasn't been a pay to win game from the start. There isn't any items to be gained by being a premium player that gives them an edge over a free player. A perfect example of a game that uses a pay to win scheme is Perfect World, and they are doing it better than any MMO out right now, and that is NOT a good thing.

Unless you mean 2 prems trading rares to each other, then as a PSO vet you should not have a problem with this as that is a basic thing for any game with trading its how we all got our stuff.

Currently, the direction SEGA is taking with the game is at best, questionable. On one hand it looks like they are LISTENING to the people who want this game insanely harder(some of you are masochists..) and on the other hand it looks like they just want to take away the "set back play and relax" feeling that I'm sure most players get out of this game, myself included. Reducing the vendor price in a F2P game is a scheme I've seen done before. It's not about reducing combat inflation - developers cannot control PLAYER ECONOMY. For PSO2, what this will do is force people to rely on shops(I don't), not everyone likes a AH based economy(I don't) cause idiot pricing - and it will entice people to look for shop tickets, or go premium(see what I'm getting at?). Now you're at the mercy of drop rates, hoping that big ticket item drops so you can sell it for millions.
    Last edited by Mystil; Oct 4, 2012 at 06:55 AM.

I don't normally go for PSO2 speculations, but maybe the 10 star rare weapons will for the most part be "All-class" usable weapons in general. That might make the whole thing much less LOL worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    Reducing the vendor price in a F2P game is a scheme I've seen done before. It's not about reducing combat inflation - developers cannot control PLAYER ECONOMY. For PSO2, what this will do is force people to rely on shops(I don't), not everyone likes a AH based economy(I don't) cause idiot pricing - and it will entice people to look for shop tickets, or go premium(see what I'm getting at?). Now you're at the mercy of drop rates, hoping that big ticket item drops so you can sell it for millions.
    That... doesn't even make any sense.

You are ALREADY forced to rely on shops for buying everything. And the prices in those shops ARE going to either go down, or remain stagnant. This is a good thing.

Currently, as it is, your money is guaranteed to go down in value as the money supply just continues skyrocketing. Like Arika pointed out, this is abundantly obvious in the prices for themed AC items - going from 500k, to 1m, to 2m, to 3m, to 4m month after month. This means you HAVE to play A LOT just to keep up with the prices - if you don't have a constant meseta income, it just keeps getting worse and worse and eventually you just can't afford any of these outfits. Reducing the money supply itself will keep your meseta from eventually becoming utterly worthless, which means you don't have to spend hours upon hours farming just to keep up with an explosively unstable market.

Of course, they could also fix this just by decreasing AC scratch prices or selling items separately... but this is SEGA. We all know how this works by now.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    Yeah they are. o.o

Okay, maybe a bouquet rifle doesn't trump all the common rifles, but an Adirou (whatever you wish to call that sword) is indeed better than all the other swords...
    Well, if we go off of just base stats, then sure, but it's a heck of a lot easier to +10 an Alva Calibur and Affix it than it is to do the same to that Ardillo.

And that Alva Calibur is also easier to equip because of lower requirements and much, much, more common. With the way the RNG in this game behaves, I think this would be a fair argument, wouldn't you agree?

Massive Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    That... doesn't even make any sense.

You are ALREADY forced to rely on shops for buying everything. And the prices in those shops ARE going to either go down, or remain stagnant. This is a good thing.

Currently, as it is, your money is guaranteed to go down in value as the money supply just continues skyrocketing. Like Arika pointed out, this is abundantly obvious in the prices for themed AC items - going from 500k, to 1m, to 2m, to 3m, to 4m month after month. This means you HAVE to play A LOT just to keep up with the prices - if you don't have a constant meseta income, it just keeps getting worse and worse and eventually you just can't afford any of these outfits. Reducing the money supply itself will keep your meseta from eventually becoming utterly worthless, which means you don't have to spend hours upon hours farming just to keep up with an explosively unstable market.

Of course, they could also fix this just by decreasing AC scratch prices or selling items separately... but this is SEGA. We all know how this works by now.
    My only concern with this is that they're only slowing down the speed at which we build money. The way things seem with me is that, while this probably will indeed lower prices....won't prices still slowly increase? It's just that each individual Meseta is worth more. *shrugs* At any rate, speculation on this won't do much, other than either infuriate the community more or.....I don't even think there is an alternative in this case, actually. >_>;
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Oct 4, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty