Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

No that one I was serious, I could seriously take naruto more seriously than SAO.

and I HATE naruto. But actually LIKE SAO enough to watch.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    No that one I was serious, I could seriously take naruto more seriously than SAO.

and I HATE naruto. But actually LIKE SAO enough to watch.
    So episode 3, the on we're discussing for example...

All that stuff happens. He gets the message at Christmas from Sachi and she sings...the song. Which also happens to be the name of the episode. You basically had no idea why the episode was called that up until that scene.

I don't know dude, that kind of artistic full circle stuff does not happen often in the cheesey animes. I haven't the slightest clue how you'd have it in you to find it funny, or comedic. That episode was just plain sad, depressing. In a good way.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Oct 16, 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    So episode 3, the on we're discussing for example...

All that stuff happens. He gets the message at Christmas from Sachi and she sings...the song. Which also happens to be the name of the episode. You basically had no idea why the episode was called that up until that scene.

I don't know dude, that kind of artistic full circle stuff does not happen often in the cheesey animes. I haven't the slightest clue how you'd have it in you to find it funny, or comedic. That episode was just plain sad, depressing. In a good way.
    Wait, why are you talking MORE about that episode now, then putting words in my mouth to try and get me to argue with you...? You just need someone to talk to, don't you? e_e;;;

Like I said, more than happy to leave troll responses than to give you legit reasons for my thoughts on this anime.

How about this, if you can somehow get someone else that feels the same way about this anime that you do to post in this thread, I'll talk to/argue with THEM about what I think about it and you can add your little opinion on the side. But you? Nah...

/See's if zipzo can use team work, assuming he has anyone to use teamwork with. Maybe you can switch with Asuna...

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    This thread reminded me of all of the "Kirito/kirito"s Ive seen in PSO2 since it started airing. They all seem to use Gunbureido, Illusion Rave (Not double wabers, just Illusion Rave), or Twin Daggers too.

That said, I watched it and it was mostly just for hilarity value. Never mind that the game (SAO) itself is extremely bad, the whole dying IRL thing aside. I also really hate Gary Stu's.

Nice soundtrack though.
    Thats because its 梶浦由記 and she NEVER does bad music,

I tried to watch it but fell off past ep 2. The christmas one was a good idea but thats about it.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Wait, why are you talking MORE about that episode now, then putting words in my mouth to try and get me to argue with you...? You just need someone to talk to, don't you? e_e;;;

Like I said, more than happy to leave troll responses than to give you legit reasons for my thoughts on this anime.

How about this, if you can somehow get someone else that feels the same way about this anime that you do to post in this thread, I'll talk to/argue with THEM about what I think about it and you can add your little opinion on the side. But you? Nah...

/See's if zipzo can use team work, assuming he has anyone to use teamwork with. Maybe you can switch with Asuna...
    I was illustrating an example of why I think there's more thought to this anime than your typical "Naruto"-esque go-on-forever anime series, I wasn't changing the subject.

Using the name of an episode in the middle of a dialogue as the episode itself develops is a really old narrative resource. But yeah...SAO is some tragic anime, but not really impressive at all.
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I was illustrating an example of why I think there's more thought to this anime than your typical "Naruto"-esque go-on-forever anime series, I wasn't changing the subject.
    Naruto has probably done what SAO has at least 20 times... LOL

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Gurl, saying "Stop arguing" after Rock Eastwood says he's done with a dumb argument is just instigating.

@ Zipzo *wall o text*

@ ce'nedra again: SEE??
    Mission Succes

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    Using the name of an episode in the middle of a dialogue as the episode itself develops is a really old narrative resource. But yeah...SAO is some tragic anime, but not really impressive at all.
    P-sure that if you take in to account that it was the song sung to him in a message left before she actually died, meant to reach him during Christmas when it would be relevant, I'm pretty sure not only are you over-simplifying what they wove in that episode, but you are also showing a lack of proper interpretation.

You have zero inclination to believe that Christmas will or even be close to passing when the name of that episode flashes the screen. You immediately know why the episode is called that the moment she says "I'd like to sing a song..." at the very end. This is after an episode of character building and lots of conceptual discussions about death and other related things...

It's full circle artistry. To fit all those emotions and story so compactly in to 24 minutes give or take is great scripting.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Oct 17, 2012 at 02:57 PM.

I did not watch the animu, but I did read a little bit of the manga. I was not terribly impressed.

I will agree that Speed Grapher is definitely worth watching, though.