View Poll Results: Playing English version?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'll try

125 45.62%
  • Naw, JP only

76 27.74%
  • Playing both versions

73 26.64%
Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

No, for the most part people just hate the VA's.

You might not, but they do.

I'm fine with dubs, just really depends on the direction as you have mentioned. Of course, I hope they do something better than PSP2's voices. They weren't bad, but it felt that there wasn't much emphasis on trying to make them sound any better.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Yeah, I'll play the english version. I've purposefully have not been playing the JP version so I could not dig myself a hole of regret over hours.

Oh, and all online games and communities have jerks. I expect the community for NA PSO2 to be a little worse than PC/PS2 PSU, when that was still up (it wasn't bad).

Sure, I'll play.............about 3 months after I see how its doing. If they launched with everything the JP have though........I'd say about 1 month . Don't care about dubs, the community and so on. Just see how Sega handles the NA version is all I care about.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

At first I was all like NUUUUuu but it is free soo probably...Butt! I will not pay for anything if they do not update in a timely fashion. So i will not buy anything for like the first 4 months; then i will think about it.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I'm 99,9% sure I'm staying on the Japanese version, unless like my whole friend list is moving over.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Now really sure if I do. (When I get my laptop, maybe I'll get both versions. Or just make the switch.) But honestly, I'm not sure if SEGA US if going to keep the english version up as long as the Japanese. And, hey, maybe the japanese will have more to offer. DLC-wise I kinda think sega US is kinda "lazy". No offense so anyone please? ^_^
    Last edited by Nameh; Oct 28, 2012 at 05:28 PM.

Plan on playing casually with a old friend who I use to play pso 1 and 2 with. It will be fun to actually understand teh story now.

Ship 2
    pso2 Character: Korra

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'm actually expecting them to drop money on this. Nicholas Cage will be doing every voice in the game, regardless of gender.
    Well at least Lisa will be properly voice acted!

Anywho I plan on playing on English servers. I am treating my Jp server character as an experimental one. Trying out things not on the beaten path seeing what fits me. Making mistakes that I would have to pay RL money to correct. That way I can make my English server character in a more educated way.

I also like to not have to jump through hoops to be able to get AC pay for premuim etc etc.

The usual friends that are holding out for the English version also applies to me.

So yeah.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

All my friends couldn't deal with the Japanese version and are waiting for the English release, so I will be playing that.
    Phantasy Star Online Veteran