Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default PSO2 America beta?

Has there been any mention of them beta testing the English version of PSO2? Or are they just going to release the translated version of it without a beta?

No clue, I believe they will have a demo like they had for psu though just have to wait.

They haven't updated anything anywhere. It's like they made an english FB and haven't said a word on it since PAX (that was a long time ago!). When people ask why they won't post any news or anything they delete it right away... Seems they don't like sharing info like they said they would.

I don't think there will be a beta for the game since SoA just gets a working game right off the bat and just needs to translate it.

the only scary uncertainty right now is what amount of the current content will be available at launch...

Quote Originally Posted by untrustful View Post
    I don't think there will be a beta for the game since SoA just gets a working game right off the bat and just needs to translate it.
    I think they will have one, personally. These days in the gaming industry, "betas" are used more for marketing than actual testing. It's a good way to reel in players

There are other reasons for having one as well, such as staggering the initial player rush (get people to download the client early on so the servers aren't slammed on launch day) and also for testing the servers out, in general.

Yup, "open/closed beta" and other supposedly developer-exclusive things are more of a marketing move these days. PSO2 itself had both, and even "alpha", as if that wasn't enough. Capcom has even let fans "develop" Mega Man Legends 3, though that one didn't go very well. Anyway, I think they won't have an alpha test this time, but a closed beta to make some people feel special is very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomeeboy View Post
    I think they will have one, personally. These days in the gaming industry, "betas" are used more for marketing than actual testing. It's a good way to reel in players

There are other reasons for having one as well, such as staggering the initial player rush (get people to download the client early on so the servers aren't slammed on launch day) and also for testing the servers out, in general.
    Game that isn't about Sonic...marketing...SEGA of America...

Even though they took control over the official PSO2 Facebook page, throughout that page's lifetime, SEGA of Japan actually made more posts in english in that page than SEGA of America...
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Then again: SEGA of America, outdated content. And there is no better excuse for a barebones version of a game that is currently booming with stuff in Japan than "hey, it's just a beta, what did you expect?".

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Macras View Post
    the only scary uncertainty right now is what amount of the current content will be available at launch...
    I took a good look at the PSO2 Western website, and it looks as though it is just first release PSO2 content (what came out at first on Japan-side). I'll say this though, I'm going to invent a drinking game from the user shop economy. You take a shot of vodka every time the price for monomates increases by ten thousand meseta.
    PSO2 - Ship 2 - Aean Meers - Human