View Poll Results: Playing English version?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'll try

125 45.62%
  • Naw, JP only

76 27.74%
  • Playing both versions

73 26.64%
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast

I'll most likely start and stick with the ENG version for at least a year. Only till the fanbase dwindle to abysmal numbers will I concider jumping over to JP servers.

I need to get real familiar with the menu and game system in english before I can jump into a foreign language version of the game. Not the other way around.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

I'll be on the US servers. I played the JP servers, and as much as I loved it, I didn't want to become attached to something I knew I would drop at some point, so I decided to wait, after putting in a pretty decent amount of time.

Can't wait to see everyone back on there.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    Well, not everyone.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Banjotron View Post
    A lower content schedule, repeating lower levels, etc. are big concerns people have. But y'know, if you actually enjoy PSO2, doing old stuff over again probably isn't going to faze you. You've already done the same stuff ten-thousand times. Eleven probably won't slow you down.

Those complaints are very real and valid, and I think they should be discussed. But I also think they marginalize I feel is the biggest, by far, factor to consider.

People will go where the players are. If JP PSO2 loses even 1/3 of its players to the NA version on launch, that event will probably trigger a slow drain of nearly all of them over the few months after that.

Even if all of our imagined "bad" contingencies occur at once during the NA launch (slower content, no JP->NA character transfers, mediocre VA, etc.), many people will still join NA if they feel the more vibrant community is there. And once a certain chunk of them will leave, it will trigger a mass exodus, leaving only a small group of diehards still playing on JP.
    Good thing most of my english friends already said they would never leave the jpn servers then.

But yeah I didn't do anything over except maybe 3 times.
    Once in Closed Beta, once when I got into the game when it finally released, and a 3rd time when I wasn't liking how my character was going and made a brand new arround after that.
    Not in the mood to get all the orders redone, all the areas unlocked, all my rares back, making new friends (as I said all of mine on here... english and japanese... aren't leaving), all my matter boards or all my clothes back.

But I guess I'm considered diehard.

Slight disappointment to hear the announcement of the JP Vita version release date. *losing hope*
    Can't we all just get along?

A lower content schedule, repeating lower levels, etc. are big concerns people have. But y'know, if you actually enjoy PSO2, doing old stuff over again probably isn't going to faze you. You've already done the same stuff ten-thousand times. Eleven probably won't slow you down.

Those complaints are very real and valid, and I think they should be discussed. But I also think they marginalize I feel is the biggest, by far, factor to consider.

People will go where the players are. If JP PSO2 loses even 1/3 of its players to the NA version on launch, that event will probably trigger a slow drain of nearly all of them over the few months after that.

Even if all of our imagined "bad" contingencies occur at once during the NA launch (slower content, no JP->NA character transfers, mediocre VA, etc.), many people will still join NA if they feel the more vibrant community is there. And once a certain chunk of them will leave, it will trigger a mass exodus, leaving only a small group of diehards still playing on JP.
    Ehh, doubt it for me... because I am on ship 9 and there are almost no english players there

Most of my playtime is spent solo (I don;t even see JP players), unless there is an event quest

Highly doubtful that the English speaking players leaving for the Western version will have any visible effect on the playerbase overall. 1/3? More like 1/300 I'd say, if not less.

English VO? *shudders*

Ill stick with the JP server. The community is way more mature, and I play for the content anyway...

Plus, NA versions take too long to update because they always feel the need to adjust this and that to "suit the audience" .... Im not interested in the possibility of a "kid-friendly pso2".

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    I'll be on the US servers. I played the JP servers, and as much as I loved it, I didn't want to become attached to something I knew I would drop at some point, so I decided to wait, after putting in a pretty decent amount of time.

Yeah, Blade, where the FUCK have you been?!

Yea I will play US, perhaps more than I originally planned. Language barrier and loneliness is starting to get to me. It hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Keii View Post
    Highly doubtful that the English speaking players leaving for the Western version will have any visible effect on the playerbase overall.
    I agree, but I think what was implied was an impact on the English speaking community on the JP servers, rather than an impact on the server as a whole which, in that case, I completely agree with the original statement.

I'll be patiently waiting for the English release... There are entirely to many logical deterrents in the way for any English speaking player to want to invest any time, or more importantly, money on the JP servers.

The means to acquire AC have been reduced to the purchase of Webmoney with a mark up, the English speaking community will not be nearly as big and is dwindling slowly as is, and the English patch many rely on risks discontinuation upon the EN server launch, understandably. It wasn't as if the patch fixed all of the language barrier issues to begin with.

This doesn't even factor in the prime point that everyday spent on the JP servers is an infraction against the game's TOS and as such, you risk a very possible ban which can render everything you've accomplished for naught. The closer we get to the EN launch, the stronger the potentiality that these inconveniences could be realized.

Entirely too many "IFS" and frank realities when, if you consider the EN launch, all I really have to worry about are the slow content updates which I HIGHLY doubt will be lackluster and mistimed, given the game's native financial success, Sega's willingness to address issues quickly, and the very fact that the game is F2P. Content is the main concern for Sega this go around, whereas before, they had to worry about getting people to actually purchase the damn thing in the first place, and THEN sign up for the actual subscription.

That is my honest opinion. I feel like those inclined to side with the opposite end of the spectrum either 1. Already have a bias in terms of community which, to be frank, is immature in itself. A whole other argument entirely. 2. Have already invested to much time on the JP servers, some of which wanted a headstart which I could understand, but the risk of banning has always been a possibility or 3. Have a Vendetta against Sega's EN release due to previous experience which is understandable, but I'd disagree on a sprint for the JP servers as the answer to that.