Default Looking for advice on solo class

Well I decided I just can't wait and have absolutely nothing to play. I'm going to work my way through the japanese text until an NA launch.

I love phantasy star and have been waiting for this game for quite some time. I played PSU for a good 3 year stint and always came back to it for some reason or another. I hope PSO2 can fill that void =(

Anyways is there a verdict out on solo classes? I played my entire PSU career solo and it was glorious. I'm hoping this game supports that style of game play. I played a cast guntecher and newman fortetecher. There came a point way later on where my caster started to out solo my gunner through massive aoe spam, whereas up to that point my gunner was king...especially since I could *cough*machinegun*cough* my way out of something hairy... -_-

Doesn't matter to me as long as I can solo effectively with little downtime (even if clearing takes a few hours)....

You can easly solo with any class becouse of npc character you can invite to your party.

Personally i would suggest playing as hunter for good close combat dmg or eventually a gunner. if im not mistaken you can mix primary and secoundary classes so something like a gunner/fighter should work.

Main: anything you like
    Sub: force or techer
    You can now solo perfectly fine and heal indefinitely (which is the only real issue with soloing - having your mate stocks whittled down by particularly rough bosses)

For extreme survival something like hu/fo or hu/te would work best, by using the hunter's automate halfline to instantly heal you without an animation any time you dip below 50% hp. A similar skill is on gunner, but only triggers at 25% health

Everything else can be done any way you want. You can die as often as you like. The only drawback is you lose rank. This game has some gameplay that is irritating when solo, but as mentioned with NPC's and just going to the ship and coming back down you can keep going all you like. Bosses are the only exception to this - if you enter a boss room and at any point in time no players are left in it (go back to campship etc.) you fail. If 3 out of 4 players die and go to the campship it's fine, just as long as 1 player is still there, either alive or dead himself. You can have your entire party wiped, have 3 go up and come back to the boss room, and revive the guy who stayed.

Also the story quests fail automatically if you die, but those are very easy specifically because you're all alone.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Nov 20, 2012 at 02:59 AM.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

why solo? there's always low levels in block 20 and also the english patch and google docs page can take care of most of the Japanese

I solo in everything! If this game were an NA release, in full english I would still solo....much like I did all through PSU.....

That's all...not a language issue or anything. I really enjoy the time consumption and challenge presented by soloing.

Decided on Hu......I'll decide on te or fo later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas_Renkai View Post
    I solo in everything! If this game were an NA release, in full english I would still solo....much like I did all through PSU.....

That's all...not a language issue or anything. I really enjoy the time consumption and challenge presented by soloing.
    I wish you the best of luck leveling then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas_Renkai View Post

Decided on Hu......I'll decide on te or fo later on.
    I'd suggest techer over Force for Sub class, likely all your going to use for techs is Resta and Shifta. I don't see any point in wasting your PP on a tech that will do low dmg due to your low tatk stat. Another bonus to the techer over force is there is 2 skills in the tree that greatly aid PP Recovery.

Basic Hu/Te Starter build with lots of free points

Note you'll have to lvl force a bit first to unlock techer.
    Last edited by Kylrad; Nov 22, 2012 at 04:25 PM.