Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Finally found the song I want for Enforcer's main theme.

Let There Be Light!

Spoiler!

The tune starts out quiet, more gentle, showing the kindness that I always envisioned for him. (and most of my characters, honestly.) But the tune turns more serious, showing the shift in his personality when the fighting starts. I wanted a tune that really rocked, and kept an upbeat, hopeful feeling. The biggest thing I wanted was for it have bits that really had hope intertwined, because I feel like that's a big thing for the character: especially since he still wants to find someone important to him that's been taken by force.

He wants her back, and he's going to fight like hell to see that happen.
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Dec 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

With Ce'Nedra I just got a ton of redheads.

-Wayu

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wayu View Post
    With Ce'Nedra I just got a ton of redheads.

-Wayu
    That's cause she is one~

Also En, good choise on the music, sounds epic enough

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

http://www.xiami.com/song/detail/id/1771266142

Silly song, for silly people.

Couldn't find it on Youtube, oddly enough.

-Wayu

In light of recent events, I just have one thing to say to everyone: Let's just chill.

No, really, listen to this song and chill.

Interlude & Flashback: Part V

I flexed my hand. “Romance, huh…? No. Maybe I was interested for a time, but I already know there’s no point to pursuing a relationship…She’s not even interested in men…” I covered my face with my hands and chuckled to myself, “Besides, even if she were…it’d be a bit weird being with a Cast, wouldn’t it? Can’t have kids, can’t even kiss…” I tilted my head, wondering what had gotten into me so suddenly. Remaining silent, I powered down again, and tried to sleep – albeit a more restless sleep than I’d had in a long while.

A few days later, I sat in my room on my bed, in full Dista armor, looking out the window at the inky blackness of space. There was a knock.

“It’s unlocked, you can come in.”

It was Castor.

“Hey Boss. Heard about what happened. How are ya…?”

I stood up and placed my hands on my hips. “Everything is still running correctly, can’t really complain.”

“…I meant Allen.”

My head dropped slightly, “I suppose I’ll be asked that for a bit, won’t I?” I sat down on the bed and propped my head up with my left hand. “I’m fine. Not happy, not good. Just fine. I let an ally down and because of it she was captured by the enemy. I’m taking that about as well as can be expected.”

He looked at me quietly for a moment, “Isn’t that a little too impersonal for you, boss? I mean, weren’t you two…uh…what’s the term for it? ‘Close?’”

I glanced at him, “About as close as two soldiers who’ve fought together for a long time can get.”

He folded his arms, “Aren’t you….what was it…‘beating around the shrub?’”

“Bush, Castor. Beating around the bush.”

“Yeah, that. Still, didn’t you spend a lot of time with her outside of missions? Doesn’t that typically mean something? I mean, I thought the two of ya were a…a pair?”

I looked at him, “I think you mean couple. And no. We weren’t ‘that’ close.”

He cocked his head to the side, “And yet ya always go on and on about her when we got together to catch up.”

“That’s just because she’s good at what she does.”

“Ya mean making your alternator skip a cycle?”

“Cute, Castor. I mean fighting; she’s good at fighting.”

Castor looked around the room; it’d been a while since he’d last stopped by. “Ya know, from everything I hear, it sounds like you two would make a nice couple.”

I looked down at the floor, and sighed, “…Would we now? Interesting.”

“Yeah, boss. Ya get along, ya enjoy being around her, all that good stuff. Hey, is she still as nice looking as when we got her away from that Snow Banther?”

I picked up a pad next to me, and quietly flicked through the holographic screen for a few second before muttering. “…More so.”

He sat down next to me. “See? See?” He nudged me, “You get along, and she’s pretty.”

I sighed, “None of that matters right now, considering she’s been captured by the enemy.”

Castor’s shoulders fell, “Well…well, yeah…”

Still flipping through the pad, I continued, “That being said, I will bring her back. The Darkers have never taken prisoners before, why take one now just to kill them? No, they have something planned…and that worries me. Greatly. At least that means I have time.”

“To do what, Boss?”

“Figure out a way to find her.”

He stared at me, “How are you going to…?”

“I don’t know yet, that’s why I need time to figure it out.”

“Right, right…”

Just then, there was a pair of beeping noises. Castor and I each lifted a hand and clapped it against the side of our respective heads.

“This is Enforcer. Go ahead.”

“Castor here. What’s up?”

Alexandria chirped in my ear, “Enforcer, Daryl wants to talk to you in the CIC at your earliest convenience.”

“Acknowledged Command. Tell Daryl I’ll be there soon – within the next 30 minutes.”

“Understood, Enforcer. Command, out.”

I lowered my hand and looked at Castor, who had just finished his call. “You too?”

He nodded, “I’m supposed to go to the armory, ASAP.”

“I’m heading to the CIC. Guess I’ll catch you later.”

“Yeah.” Castor quickly walked to the door, but stopped, and looked back, “Don’t get in over your head, Boss.” Then he left.

I mumbled quietly to myself, “Yeah…you too, Castor. Stay safe.”

Taking a short look around my room, I left and headed towards the CIC. A few minutes later, I stepped into the Command center, Daryl facing a holographic map, his hands behind his back, and his back to me.

“You wanted to speak to me, Commander?” I asked, stopping a few paces away from him.

“Yes…Yes, I did. Thank you for being so prompt, Enforcer.” He slowly turned around, picking a pad off of the table the map originated. “I took the liberty…” he tapped a button on the pad, “of finding you your new squad mate.” He threw the pad to me, which I caught in my left hand. “…Hope you don’t mind. I know things are probably still tough for you right now. I figured this was the least I could do.”

I looked down at the pad. The portrait of a young, female, green-haired Newman stared back at me. I started mumbling to myself. “Name: Laika Calai Banawa. Age: 19. Height: approximately 150cm…Huh, on the short side, that’s good for remaining undetected… Bust size, 30b… won’t have to worry about them getting in the way, at least…waist size, hip size; both irrelevant…”

I looked up, “You do realize she’s not a part of this squad until I say she is, right? I’m going to have to talk to her and see her abilities for myself.”

The Commander folded his arms and cocked one of his eyebrows, “Pretty ballsy saying that to one of the Commanders, don’t you think, Squad Leader?”

“You might dictate who leads the Squads, and where they go, but in terms of who’s in the squad? That’s the SL’s decision. You’re not going to be working with them; I am.”
    Daryl grinned, “Well, it’s good to see you’re still as defiant as ever, En. I was worried you’d be unfit for duty after what happened.”

Looking back down at the pad, I tapped a few buttons, shutting it off, “Don’t. I’m sure you have enough on your plate already. You don’t have to babysit me; I can take care of myself.” I paused a moment, “…Is that everything? I have a lot I have to take care of, myself.”

I realized how rude I sounded and hastily added, “Er….sir.”

The Commader smiled and waved it off, “You’re stressed. I know. Just…try to get some rest, En. It won’t do Cornelia any good if you start messing up because of this. You’re dismissed.”

“Yes sir, very good sir.” I turned on my heel and left, not very sure of what to do today. The time of day in the Residential section may have been shown by an artificial sun, but the counter, the spaceport, and the other military sections of the ship had only the void that was space for company, a rather lifeless reminder that a great many of us were just a few broken panels away from suffocating.

Not that I had to worry about such a fate – I didn’t breathe. Still, to think that a good deal of the people I worked with were willing to risk themselves by fighting when they were so fragile was…sobering. Cornelia, Farrid, and probably this Calai woman as well. I felt…an overwhelming urge to protect them from this frailty. After all, parts are easier to replace then flesh is to mend. Some people mistook this for sexism, because it was most often females that I’d go to great lengths to protect, but it simply stemmed from the fact that they were flesh and blood. I felt no great desire to protect Hivernia, for example, as bad as that might sound.

I snapped out of my inner monologue and realized I was outside my room. Just before I opened the door and stepped in, I heard yelling from inside. Quickly slamming my back against the wall to the left of the door, I pulled a rifle and quickly readied it as I thought to myself.

“Enemies? That masked man had yelled something about getting back at me. Did this have to do with it?”

Reaching out, I tapped a button on the door, opening it. I took one final moment to ready myself as I spun around to run into my room, rifle raised…

…only to have a blue haired hunter run smack into me, sending him back as I just stood there, my rifle pointed at him. He curled up, covering his head with his arms.

“AAAAAAAAAAAH, I’M SORRY HONEY, I WAS JUST LEAVING TO COME MEET YOU! DON’T HURT MEEEEEEEE!”

I stared as I realized who it was and, lowering my rifle, sighed, “…Get up, Renon.”

The hunter moved his arms and looked up, his glasses slightly crooked. “O-oh. Hey, En!” He got up and dusted himself off. “How are you, dude?”

“I’m, uh…fine. But from the sound of it, you’re not. What the hell was that about, anyway?”

He scratched the back of his head with his left hand. “Oh, that was just –” He was cut off by beeping from his communicator, and more screaming. He leaned his head away, like he was trying to get away from it, as he closed his eyes. “She’s piiiiiiissed. Sorry, dude, I gotta go!”

I stepped out of his way as I shook my head and pointed, “Alright, try not to get hurt, Renon.”

He ran past and yelled back, “Thanks, dude! And it’s Yoshiblue!” before disappearing around a corner.

I suddenly felt…very tired. I turned and walked into my room. That’s right, Renon had a girlfriend. She seemed to drag him around a lot, but he always had a smile on his face when he talked about her, so I suppose they were happy with each other. I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

“Girlfriend, huh? I wonder what that’s like?” I felt my power fluctuate. “Huh, that’s…odd. Power drain is…much too…high. Guess I’ll…rest for…a bit.” I let my right arm and right leg hang off the edge of the bed as I began to idle. I started to recall another memory, this time involving a pair of Newmans and a rather….awkward situation.
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Sep 23, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

Woot! I made it!

*Manly tear*

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

WE WANT MORE :3

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    WE WANT MORE :3
    Quoted because its true :3

<|Friendly Warrior||Theme made by Zorafim|>
    <|Wired-Lance Super Hard Boss Battles|>
    <|Visit my Flickr for PSO2 Related Pics!|>

Interlude & Flashback: Part VI

Spoiler!

---------------------------------------------

I walked up to Cornelia’s door, in full hunter gear, mumbling to myself. I stepped in and walked to the side, just barely entering her bedroom before stopping, dumbstruck by what I saw.

Cornelia and a tinier Newman with short red pigtails were in bed together. Cornelia was lying on her back, moaning as the smaller Newman sucked on one her breasts. She pressed her hands against the back of the red-haired Newman’s head. Cornelia turned her head to the side, looking like she enjoyed it. Then, her eyes met mine.

“Ah-Aaaahn…..E-En??....” As her face flushed more than it was a moment ago, I slowly turned my head so that I was looking directly forward, away from the bed, and slowly backpedaled out of the room.

I stood there for a moment as the door to her bedroom closed, still dumbstruck. I could hear frantic shuffling from the next room, and hushed voices. I mumbled to myself, “I just saw Cornelia and another girl having se…” I covered my face with my hands, “Oh, I’m so dead.”

“You got that right.”

I looked up, and saw the same red pigtailed girl I’d seen as I stumbled in on the…uh…‘scene.’ And she didn’t look happy. She had a Nyoibo in her hands, and was in a yellow Tiger Pierce.

“What…the hell…is a cast doing here…MESSING UP OUR PRIVATE TIME!?”

She lunged at me, and I was forced to draw my Aristin to block the Nyoibo as it came at my face.

“OI OI OI OI! I get why you’re upset, but this is a bit much! Hey! Listen to me!”

“NO!” She bounced back and spun the staff in a circle over her head before charging me again. “Prepared to get scrapped, Tin boy!”

“Oi, lady, cut it out! This isn’t some game!” I blocked another strike and backed up, bumping into the wall. “H-hey, this isn’t- ”

She jumped up and aimed a kick at my head. I dropped my sword, but not by mistake. If I had kept it up, the most likely outcome would have been an ugly injury to her leg. I wasn’t going to be the cause of that. As her leg connected with the side of my head, I followed the motion, and allowed myself to be knocked to the floor. “Chh! Stupid tin can can’t even fight!” The tiny Newman raised the Nyoibo above her head, as I lifted my arm to block it.

“STOP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!” It was Cornelia, red-faced from yelling (presumably…). Thankfully she had cloths on now.

The pigtailed girl looked back helplessly, “B-But Connie…”

“En! Are you okay?” She ran over and knelt next to me.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position, and looked over, “Yeah…yeah…I’m fine.” I couldn’t help but tilt my head slightly and look at her bust.

She realized where I looked and her face flushed. “M-my face is up here, En!”

“Yeah! Stupid Cast!” The pigtailed girl chirped from behind Cornelia.

I looked away, “S-sorry, it’s just…I mean…you two were…” forgetting myself, I looked at her bust again. Not exactly one of my brightest moments.

“I-Idiot!” The next moment I felt Cornelia’s hand smack me upside the head, sending me face first into the floor. It’s still a wonder that doesn’t break her wrist. The other Newman was laughing so hard she was on her back, her arms hugging her midsection. I waited a moment, before slowly getting to my feet and shaking my head at the two of them.

“What the hell is your – No, no. Okay, I get it. I’m leaving. Sorry for bothering you.” I turned on my heel and left, slightly angry.

“Yeah! Go home! Good riddance!”

Cornelia sounded a little upset, “E-En…wait a minute!”

I raised my right hand like I was waving, my voice indifferent, “Have fun, I’ll knock next time.” Walking down the hallway, I could hear the pigtailed Newman complaining to Cornelia before the door closed, “Why the hell do you even bother with that…that thing?

I grumbled to myself, “Just another day…”

The memory faded there, and I woke up, still tired, and in a gloomier mood.

“…”

I raised my head, and looked around the room.

“Hmm…”

Suddenly, my comms screeched in my ear. Clapping my hand against the side of my head, an automated message played.

ATTENTION, ATTENTION! HIGH CONCENTRATION OF DARKER LIFEFORMS DETECTED ON PLANET LILLIPA! AN EMERGENCY ORDER HAS BEEN ISSUED. ARKS FORCES ARE BEING DEPLOYED IMMEDIATELY TO ENGAGE AND ELIMINATE DARKER PRESENCE. ALL SQUADS REPORT TO YOUR SQUAD LEADERS. SQUAD LEADERS REPORT TO YOUR COMMANDERS. A NEW SYSTEM FOR ALL ARKS WILL BE FIELD TESTED DURING THIS OPERATION. THAT IS ALL.

I lowered my hand, and immediately found myself raising it again as my communicator went off. It was Farrid this time.

“En? You just got that, right? Where do we meet up?”

I quietly got into a sitting position on the edge of the bed, and stared at the floor, not saying anything.

“…En? En!”

Jolting my head up, I looked around, “Wh-what? Oh…right.” I stood up and tapped a few buttons on a console, which opened a side door into a small room. I regained my composure. “I’ll be heading to the CIC. We’ll meet there. Understood?”

“…Understood. See you there, En!”

I lowered my hand again, and walked into the room, the door closing behind me. A few seconds later I walked back out, no longer in my Dista armor, instead wearing my Hunter outfit. Quietly walking over to my bed, my Aristin materialized on my back. I quietly picked up a photo I had setting on a shelf next to my bed with my right hand. In it there was a smiling Cornelia, with me next to her, in full Dista armor, leaning slightly away from her, my head turned towards her. It was just a lazy day, where I had thought she was just a little too excited to have a picture taken. There were trees in the background, grass…we were at a park. She was laughing, having fun…

I placed the picture back on the shelf, my left hand now balled into a fist. Walking over to the doorway, I looked back towards the bedroom. Thinking about it now…Cornelia had been a part of my life for a while; now that she was gone…it felt like something was missing. We had fights, we ran missions together, and we had spent large portions of off time either talking or walking around. Even if there wasn’t any romantic interest…

I took her being around for granted.

“Dammit…Dammit….Dammit….DAMMIT!

Without thinking, I punched a hole in the wall.

My voice shook, “I…will…bring you back. I promise.”

I pulled my fist from the wall and headed towards the CIC.
    Last edited by Enforcer MKV; Sep 23, 2014 at 10:48 PM.