Page 62 of 199 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112162 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Right now on my techer tree, I have PP convert unlocking, and don't have PP restorate. My goal is to get them both, and use that to fuel my fire spells. I was told that full PP restorate and lv3 PP convert is "enough", and that there's no way to spend PP fast enough to get PP starved with both skills.
    Can I get a second opinion on this? Namely, I want to know if I should get PP convert higher to make hunting easier now, or if I should just get it to 3 and spend a bunch of levels unlocking junk skills to get to restorate.

Any ideas what to use the 5 remaining SP on for my TE tree, or should I simply continue to hold onto it? Currently debating about putting a point in Territory Burst just to have because Zondeel is crazy. How far does Territory Burst extend?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Right now on my techer tree, I have PP convert unlocking, and don't have PP restorate. My goal is to get them both, and use that to fuel my fire spells. I was told that full PP restorate and lv3 PP convert is "enough", and that there's no way to spend PP fast enough to get PP starved with both skills.
    Can I get a second opinion on this? Namely, I want to know if I should get PP convert higher to make hunting easier now, or if I should just get it to 3 and spend a bunch of levels unlocking junk skills to get to restorate.
    I pulled the numbers from a previous post for your reference.
    PP Convert Recovery:

Level 3: 78% Max Health. +2PP. 15PP/s (21PP/s with PP Restorate 10)
    Level 6: 75% Max Health. +3PP. 20PP/s (28PP/s with PP Restorate 10)
    Level 9: 72% Max Health. +4PP. 25PP/s (35PP/s with PP Restorate 10)
    Level 10: 70% Max Health. +5PP. 30PP/s (42PP/s with PP Restorate 10)
    If you have Flame Tech S Charge capped or if you're spamming Zonde Techs without the PP Bolt Save, you may want to consider a level higher than 3 for PP Convert. However, it's I'd really reccommend capping PP Restorate if you plan to get it; due to PP Convert results above that go with Restorate 10. It's your call.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Well, the dilemma that I'm having is that I can either wait 8 levels (I guess 3 with that skill point client order) before I can start leveling up restorate, or I can level up convert now. That's pretty much 8 levels where I get nothing, vs several levels where I get a noticeable increase. If I grind those levels and cap restorate, then find out I need more in convert anyway, I'll be pretty sad.

Convert 3 is not enough to spam rafoie nonstop for the full duration. You most likely need to cap it for that, though usually you don't get the chance to spam due to times where you need to dodge or perform some other action during convert's duration.
    Forever after the immortal beloved...

Restore will always be better.
    I had convert on my old char and I didn't like it. You get 30 seconds out of the 120, which can be hard to spam if you have to dodge or something. I myself prefer passive skills so restore is an obvious choice. Plus on the tree, it says Restore 1 so there might be a 2nd one in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman2417 View Post
    Restore will always be better.
    I had convert on my old char and I didn't like it. You get 30 seconds out of the 120, which can be hard to spam if you have to dodge or something. I myself prefer passive skills so restore is an obvious choice. Plus on the tree, it says Restore 1 so there might be a 2nd one in the future.

With this in mind, I decided to create my own build.

If I wanted a DPS force or techer, would this be a decent build?

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...IdcFIsI2cF0000

Im trying to focus on all damage passives and pp regens. Im not too sure if I plan on mastering any other element other than fire. I made this quick build so that I can hit high damage no matter what spell I use.

Please help with some suggestions or improvements on this build

Here are my two tentative techer builds for my female newman Caster. One is more heavily pushed to casting and the second is more balanced.
    Build1: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...I2IdI2rF520008
    Build2:http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...I2IdI2rF520008

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    Here are my two tentative techer builds for my female newman Caster. One is more heavily pushed to casting and the second is more balanced.

How come you don't max pp regen?
    Oh and I want the fancy looking shifta and deband, hence the 1 point into both of them in my build.

Should I follow my own guide if I wanted the adv shifta/deband?

Quote Originally Posted by fire99966 View Post
    With this in mind, I decided to create my own build.

If I wanted a DPS force or techer, would this be a decent build?

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...IdcFIsI2cF0000

Im trying to focus on all damage passives and pp regens. Im not too sure if I plan on mastering any other element other than fire. I made this quick build so that I can hit high damage no matter what spell I use.

Please help with some suggestions or improvements on this build
    If you can help it, only have Just Reversal for one class since that's all you need. In addition, I can't recommend T-Atk Ups in either tree unless you don't have a Mag tailored to T-Atk.

Force: I emphasize, unless you need the T-Atk ups due to not having a Mag or your stats can't allow you to equip something you want; don't invest any points in them. If you do need the +100 T-Atk, then it looks fine. However, if you're going after damage then cap the Flame Masteries first. The 40% damage increase for your fire techs is easily much better as far as DPS goes.

Techer: Same thing with T-Atk ups. Don't put points in them unless you need it. If you do need them; it looks fine as is if you put a point in Wand Gear. As you're maining Techer, Wand Gear is a must. If Techer is subbed, you can do away with it. If you don't need the T-Atk ups, I'd cap Element Weak Hit if possible. Depending on how your Force skill tree is set up, you can get a possible 180% modifier for your Fire Techs on enemies weak to fire and it's all around good if you plan on using a variety of techs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    Build1: It looks good, but there are some things I personally would change about it. As you're maining Techer, Wand Gear is needed; even if you're mainly casting.

Between Wind Mastery 1, PP Up 1, PP Restorate, and Element Weak Hit; it seems you're trying to do too much at once here as all of them are sub-par if not capped. I'd cap either Wind Mastery, PP Restorate, or Element Weak Hit as you can get +5PP from Weapon Affixes anyhow; and 5 additional PP wouldn't be as beneficial as capping one of the 3 abilities above.

I'm aware your first build is pushed towards Casting, but I'll leave this next part here. Especially if you have access to a Nishiki.

Since you're using Poison Ignition, on your Fighter Tree I'd take away the points in either HP Up 1, or 5 points in each Stance (The Stance Ups are the most important things here) and invest them in Chase Advance. +40% damage to Melee attacks. Also, Step Attack.

Build2: Since Fighter is mained, Step Attack is needed. I'd also take two points out of S-Atk Up 1 and put them instead in S-Atk Up 2. If both are at level 5 then you'd have +36 S-Atk. However. If you leave S-Atk Up 1 at 3 and S-Atk Up 2 at 7, then you'll have +38 S-Atk. Small difference if anything, but it is efficient use of points. Also cap Chase Advance, it's good.

I suggest this: http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...I2idI2sS520008

The S-Atk Ups arrangement here grant you a +60, which is nice to have if it's needed. Step Attack is Step Attack so I don't need to say much here. Chase Bind at level 1 is 20% while level 2 is 22%, but at this point level 1 is more appealing as that one point is used to cap other skills which are more beneficial than the 2% increase.

I'm not a fan of Knuckles, hence why the gear is removed from the tree. If you plan to use all 3 weapons, then a point out of S-Atk Up 2 will do. You'd have all 3 Gears but only +50 S-Atk instead of +60. Or do away with Chase Bind entirely. Your choice.

On the TE tree, either cap Wind Mastery or Element Weak Hit. One of the two for the reasons stated above in Build1.
    Last edited by Heat Haze; Dec 10, 2012 at 04:15 AM.

What is the wand gear point for anyway? Is it so that if you sub techer, you can wield wands on any class?