Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Reviews so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    I know that it's not WoW and that PSO1 had an offline mode, which was likely only done because of the time it came out. PSZ wasn't even an mmo, it was primarily a single player game with multiplayer thrown cause its a PS game. Hell I played PSO solo for years since I didn't have my GC connected to the net and I know people that solo WoW...and love it...
    All I'm trying to say is that this game was designed as a multiplayer experience aside from the story mode which is single player.

That said its funny how a game based on player skill is so easy isn't it
    Wether it's easy or not has nothing to do with it. Performance on Wow is almost exclusively dependent on gear; here, player performance has a much bigger role.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Wether it's easy or not has nothing to do with it. Performance on Wow is almost exclusively dependent on gear; here, player performance has a much bigger role.
    Class is also a major factor in WoW soloing. Hunters, Paladins, and Death Knights have been consistently good at soloing for different reasons. Hunters have plenty of mobility along with pets to take the damage for them (and Hunters can heal those pets themselves.) Paladins have both strong armor and numerous healing abilities. Death Knights... are tough and have healing techniques too, but they are also good at spreading DOTs. Meanwhile, pure DPS classes such as Rogues may have techniques that are useful for invading dungeons alone, but they ultimately aren't as effective in solo play. Gear and skill can remedy this, but they will be outclassed by a player of equal skill and gear level that plays a more solo-oriented class.

As long as this game gets a decent review I will enjoy it. I am curious if anyone has mentioned the item mall and if it helps or ruins the game.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    As long as this game gets a decent review I will enjoy it. I am curious if anyone has mentioned the item mall and if it helps or ruins the game.
    There is no item mall.

There is only the gatcha.

Personally, I would like the game more if it actually had an item mall in addition to the gatcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    There is no item mall.

There is only the gatcha.

Personally, I would like the game more if it actually had an item mall in addition to the gatcha.
    Oh. So its a gacha? Thanks.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    Oh. So its a gacha? Thanks.
    every form of progression the game is essentially gambling on top of gambling on top of gambling. Basically, sega has a gambling addiction and I think they need help.

the above is my biggest issue (moreso then some annoying melee stuff), you can put all the time and effort required, and someone can put in 10x less or more and theres no telling if the rng will have decided to award you efforts or not. It can be very frustrating for some people.
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Wyrm View Post
    every form of progression the game is essentially gambling on top of gambling on top of gambling. Basically, sega has a gambling addiction and I think they need help.

the above is my biggest issue (moreso then some annoying melee stuff), you can put all the time and effort required, and someone can put in 10x less or more and theres no telling if the rng will have decided to award you efforts or not. It can be very frustrating for some people.
    It's not that Sega needs help, it's the players that need help who gamble that much.

They're exploiting the gambling nature of people, and it's doing well for them.

True, but I am still not going to recommend this game to others just because of something that Sega enjoys and I don't. That combat system can only last a game so long when almost everything else is either underwhelming or just horribly done. Even I'm getting a little tired of months of seeing the stuff that I want NOT drop EVER, and some people experience the same thing, but lose real money, and not just free time. And yeah, that's not even to mention grinding, a.k.a. Sega Masochism Services.

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    True, but I am still not going to recommend this game to others just because of something that Sega enjoys and I don't. That combat system can only last a game so long when almost everything else is either underwhelming or just horribly done. Even I'm getting a little tired of months of seeing the stuff that I want NOT drop EVER, and some people experience the same thing, but lose real money, and not just free time. And yeah, that's not even to mention grinding, a.k.a. Sega Masochism Services.

Agreed. I have been trying to convince myself for months that this game isn't garbage but the more I play the more it becomes clear that this is not only a failure as a sequel, but a failure as a game in general. They should have made a great single player game first, a shallow multiplayer grindfest second. It feels more like a cheap combat app than an actual game.

At this point my hope is that they decide to rerelease PSO1 on PSN/Xboxlive somewhere along the line so that people can experience that great game once again in its entirety. PSO2 on the other hand can be left by a ditch somewhere to die.

"This whole game is basically one massive pile of RNGception."

There, done in one sentence.