Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A good force/techer build

I have a force/ (soon) techer char. I'm throwing points where i "feel" is the best.
    But considering a reset of the tree needs AC points i don't have, i would ask your suggestion about a proficient build as force and then as techer, to play the class on his best.
    Mabe someone did a thread about it yet? Any suggestion? Many thanks.

Well, what do you have in your Force tree so far?

And what do you want to do with your character?

Big numbers real fast like, but with downtime?

Slow casting, but sustainable forever?

or point for point, the most bang for your buck, if the situation calls for it?

and you could always be more melee focused or something crazy like that

For a general-use nuking Force:

Max out (roughly in order, I'm not linking to the skill calc because it has a ton of ads now)...

-Charge PP Restore (get this first)
    -Flame Tech Short Charge (get this maxed next)
    -Bolt PP Save (get this next)
    -Tech Charge Advance I and II

You'll need points in the prereqs for the skills above, of course. If you get all the prereqs and then max the skills I mentioned to max, you'll have like six points left. You can throw the rest into T-ATk UP 1, or just save them until new skills come out. Alternatively, you could throw the rest of the points into an elemental boost of your choice (Flame Mastery, Bolt Mastery, etc. Ice isn't good enough to be worth more than a single point in its Mastery).

Personally, I'd save the points left over unless you need T-atk up to equip weapons.

For Techer:

- Max out PP Restorate I. Get the minimum necessary in the prereq skills.
    - Get Wand Gear if you plan on using Techer main a lot. Otherwise skip it and its prereqs for now
    - Get 5 points in Deband Advance
    - Get 1 point in Territory Burst
    - Get 1 point in Deband Cut

From there, save the rest of your points, unless you want to go for Poison Ignition, PP Convert, or specialize in Light/Wind/Dark techs. You could also max out Territory Burst for 20 seconds' more uptime, but the uptime at level 1 is usable enough. I'd suggest saving the points though, as Techer will, at the very least, get PP Restorate II with a skill tree update. Those points would be better spent there than in anything else the Techer tree currently offers, at least if you're going Force/Techer.

If you plan on going with an Elemental Mastery from the Techer side of the tree, I'd vote Wind. Using this combo means you have fast-charging Fire Techs, cheap Lightning Techs and strong Wind Techs, along with a bit of boost to Light Techs (due to prereqs for PP Restorate I).

Dark Techs have incredibly high base power, but are a bit awkward to use for general-purpose nuking. Ice Techs are kinda weak, and when you need to use them, unboosted Barta/Gibarta should be enough.

The above setup boosts the most broadly-useful techs (Foie/Rafoie/Safoie, Zonde/Gizonde/Zondeel, Zan/Razan for knockup) while still leaving open some options on the Techer side of things.

If I were you though, I'd just put a point into Wind Mastery (after you get the other stuff I mentioned) and save the rest of your Techer points.
    Last edited by Magus_84; Jan 21, 2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Cleared up the wording. Don't max the prerequisite skills. Thanks, UnLucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    - Max out PP Restorate I and all its prereqs first.
    I hope you don't mean maxing out the prereqs, because none of them are worth maxing (unless you want to spec Light).

Anyway, I suppose I'll link to the skill tree builder because I have ads blocked.

"Burn Baby Burn" Build

"Flame on" Build

"All Elements" Build

"I'm going to go out of my way to avoid Force's elements without shooting my foot straight clean off" Build (Wind focus) (Light focus) (Dark focus)

"Support" Build (Full support variant, but I almost feel guilty linking this)

And obviously don't get Wand Gear if you're not maining Techer.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Jan 21, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

For a general-use nuking Force:

Max out (roughly in order, I'm not linking to the skill calc because it has a ton of ads now)...

-Charge PP Restore (get this first)
    -Flame Tech Short Charge (get this maxed next)
    -Bolt PP Save (get this next)
    -Tech Charge Advance I and II

You'll need points in the prereqs for the skills above, of course. If you get all the prereqs and then max the skills I mentioned to max, you'll have like six points left. You can throw the rest into T-ATk UP 1, or just save them until new skills come out. Alternatively, you could throw the rest of the points into an elemental boost of your choice (Flame Mastery, Bolt Mastery, etc. Ice isn't good enough to be worth more than a single point in its Mastery).

Personally, I'd save the points left over unless you need T-atk up to equip weapons.

For Techer:

- Max out PP Restorate I. Get the minimum necessary in the prereq skills.
    - Get Wand Gear if you plan on using Techer main a lot. Otherwise skip it and its prereqs for now
    - Get 5 points in Deband Advance
    - Get 1 point in Territory Burst
    - Get 1 point in Deband Cut

From there, save the rest of your points, unless you want to go for Poison Ignition, PP Convert, or specialize in Light/Wind/Dark techs. You could also max out Territory Burst for 20 seconds' more uptime, but the uptime at level 1 is usable enough. I'd suggest saving the points though, as Techer will, at the very least, get PP Restorate II with a skill tree update. Those points would be better spent there than in anything else the Techer tree currently offers, at least if you're going Force/Techer.

If you plan on going with an Elemental Mastery from the Techer side of the tree, I'd vote Wind. Using this combo means you have fast-charging Fire Techs, cheap Lightning Techs and strong Wind Techs, along with a bit of boost to Light Techs (due to prereqs for PP Restorate I).

Dark Techs have incredibly high base power, but are a bit awkward to use for general-purpose nuking. Ice Techs are kinda weak, and when you need to use them, unboosted Barta/Gibarta should be enough.

The above setup boosts the most broadly-useful techs (Foie/Rafoie/Safoie, Zonde/Gizonde/Zondeel, Zan/Razan for knockup) while still leaving open some options on the Techer side of things.

If I were you though, I'd just put a point into Wind Mastery (after you get the other stuff I mentioned) and save the rest of your Techer points.
    Why would you NOT get PP convert? if you dont, you may as well go Fo/Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Why would you NOT get PP convert? if you dont, you may as well go Fo/Fi
    It's point-expensive and I'm hoping the eventual skill tree update that gives us PP Restorate 2 (and whatever other stuff) has things that are more worthwhile.

My techer's not high enough to have it yet, but it strikes me as kind of expensive for what it does.

Also, I really hate melee, and Hunter is level 1 on my FO.

None of the above are good reasons, of course.

Many thanks, very useful answers
    I think i will use an all elements build, more general good gameplay
    I will save this thread on my bookmarks

/bows

I'm so curious of changes when 55 is online..
    Last edited by Menasthos; Jan 22, 2013 at 04:33 AM.

It's point-expensive and I'm hoping the eventual skill tree update that gives us PP Restorate 2 (and whatever other stuff) has things that are more worthwhile.

My techer's not high enough to have it yet, but it strikes me as kind of expensive for what it does.

Also, I really hate melee, and Hunter is level 1 on my FO.

None of the above are good reasons, of course.
    It's multiplies your PP regen which stacks with PP Restorate. It's quite impressive.

And who needs to melee when you sub Force? Grab a Pumpkin rod/Duel Gaze and fire away. Or set techs to your bar and let that (and COs done on your main) carry you to greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    It's multiplies your PP regen which stacks with PP Restorate. It's quite impressive.

And who needs to melee when you sub Force? Grab a Pumpkin rod/Duel Gaze and fire away. Or set techs to your bar and let that (and COs done on your main) carry you to greatness.
    That's what I've been doing to level Techer, actually. I've only been back to the game for like a month, left before Very Hard was released (I blame GW2).

Thanks for the build suggestions, I kind of like the Tech Advance build, or as you said "Avoid Force Elements" build.

Made a few tweaks as I like to spam Bolt attacks as much as Flame, so I maxed out Bolt PP Save instead of Flame Charge. Put Just Reversal on Techer to have another point in Bolt Mastery.

I was considering putting more points in Wind Mastery and not getting Territorial Burst, but it just seem like something necessary to get.

I'm only 32/30 Fo/Te so I don't have much experience but figured this would still be a good build for my style.

Whatcha think, good?

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...fdsI2J24Q50007

When I'm 50 I might give Fo/Fi a chance and see how the damage compares.
    Last edited by Asirae; Jan 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM.