Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

Blue tablets will show up randomly and can do so any number of times. You'll know if you've already watched a tablet by its color (blue means you haven't seen it yet, grey means you have).

A mistake and a place that needs a line break from blue event tablets.

misserable -> miserable
    Spoiler!

Line "It's not as much about photon ability as it is about motivation. I usually don't care about getting stronger."
    Needs a line break before the don't. (I must note that while I didn't take a picture from the text bubble during the scene, the line was like that in the text bubble too).
    Spoiler!
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Don't know if I missed these in the proofread or if I just didn't save the fixes, but;

Marlu's not talking "about" anyone...
    Spoiler!

Huey:
    Spoiler!

Gettemhart and Melphonsina/Sheena (surname?)
    Spoiler!

This one on matterboard four, I know the "Well?" is short for "is it going well?" but I didn't catch that playing it because she was actually saying something about me not having energy; I though the "Well?" was inviting a response, then her reply was somewhat disjointed, so maybe change that to "Are you doing well?"
    Spoiler!

I'm going to go ahead and say that I laughed so hard at this translation.
    Ship 02

I noticed this error in one of the Blue tablets; just a couple of mixed up letters (Matser, exscue). I can't remember the name, but I know it had something to do with weaklings.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and say that I laughed so hard at this translation.
    Spoiler!
    I can't remember writing that. Actually I went back and looked, I can't even find that text in the file.... However it got in there, I've definitely been watching too much lagtv.

And sorry for the complete lack of updates, mostly because there haven't been any . I burned myself out doing the story in a short amount of time. My brain has left on vacation, so I've just been playing pso2 and catching up on sleep and work I was putting off. I'll start on tutorials, um eventually. I tried looking at the message packs, the problem is that they don't seem to have too much use aside from explanations. Plus things like enemies, I'm not using the translation patch, so having to cross reference the name standardization for every enemy in the game is a huge pain. So if anyone wants to get started I can post the text here.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2Mm...tieGVFVW8/edit
    Last edited by Kion; Feb 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM.

I also saw a Blue Tablet where Lisa said "Is Lisa really that fucked up?" or something along those lines, I believe it was in F. Continent.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Am I being too strict about this, or is my "writer's hat" just in full-throttle right now?

On the other hand, I really need to go through my videos and point out anything I can spot with the relevant time-stamp. I also need to go back and construct the Table of Contents for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Am I being too strict about this, or is my "writer's hat" just in full-throttle right now?

On the other hand, I really need to go through my videos and point out anything I can spot with the relevant time-stamp. I also need to go back and construct the Table of Contents for all of them.
    So I did. :P Anyway, I think you are right with most of your edits, and looking through some of them here are my thoughts.
    For Huey's line, I would say that he is using "Arks" like one would use an occupation to replace a name, so maybe some thing more like, "Hey, you there! Arks!" like you would say "Hey, Coach!"
    For Klotho, I don't think adding "of them" would be necessary for that line considering the context, and it may just be redundant since the implied subject is the Darkers.
    Council of Six line: I want to say that maybe changing the sentence to, "Selection for the Council of Six is based solely on power, so they can act as role models for the rest of the organization!" would work.
    Getem 2: Not too sure how literal the translation of the term "absolute" is, but it feels a bit odd to me. Maybe something along the lines of "You falter too much as you fight, and lack the will to utterly destroy your enemies."
    I personally feel that the inclusion of expletives like "fuck" derail from the meaning of sentences and character personalities. I came across the earlier mentioned "Is Lisa really that fucked up?" and it just felt wrong. I understand wanting to use it to give strong emphasis, but it can also just be distracting.
    I'm going to start going through more of the tablets to see what I can do help further improve the quality of this project since it is a major step in making the game accessible to more people.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 19, 2013 at 02:42 AM.

You raise some good points. I have no problems with any of them.

On a side-note, it's times like this when the community can get together to work on stuff like this that feels strangely fulfilling.