Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    because this game is so realistic.

There's a fine line between fantasy and sheer stupidity.

I mostly agree with the OP's post. For me the two main differences are the use of color pallet. PSO was really good in that area, everything had a very distinct color, feel and sound to it. PSO2, if pretty much generic area. There's not really much to each area as you randomly run around bland looking areas. And the other thing is that the areas in PSO2 do nothing to further the story. In PSO you had the downed pod, the central dome, the hole in the ruins, the robots in the mines. Everything told part of the story as you experienced it, while the only thing PSO2 has so far is the monument in the ruins.

The nice thing is that Advance Quests are done extremely well. They're a lot more in the style of PSO of going from one area to another, requiring team work and actually giving you incentive to kill all of the enemies, and give you a challenging boss to defeat. So it definitely seems that Sega missed the mark and concentrated on the wrong things in PSO2. The focuses on pervy clothes for female character, tons of cool looking weapons, and random areas that you can play a lot, but they really don't give you any reason to be emotionally invested in them. But with the falz battle, advance quests and even the quality of the preview videos has been improving, so Sega is definitely learning their lesson and improving PSO2 with time.

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post

I can see the point Kitora is making. Shot by shot, PSO2 is better.
    I agree with your post in general but what does this mean? Shot by shot?

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    There's a fine line between fantasy and sheer stupidity.
    gotta cross it though

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    I mostly agree with the OP's post. For me the two main differences are the use of color pallet. PSO was really good in that area, everything had a very distinct color, feel and sound to it. PSO2, if pretty much generic area. There's not really much to each area as you randomly run around bland looking areas. And the other thing is that the areas in PSO2 do nothing to further the story. In PSO you had the downed pod, the central dome, the hole in the ruins, the robots in the mines. Everything told part of the story as you experienced it, while the only thing PSO2 has so far is the monument in the ruins.

The nice thing is that Advance Quests are done extremely well. They're a lot more in the style of PSO of going from one area to another, requiring team work and actually giving you incentive to kill all of the enemies, and give you a challenging boss to defeat. So it definitely seems that Sega missed the mark and concentrated on the wrong things in PSO2. The focuses on pervy clothes for female character, tons of cool looking weapons, and random areas that you can play a lot, but they really don't give you any reason to be emotionally invested in them. But with the falz battle, advance quests and even the quality of the preview videos has been improving, so Sega is definitely learning their lesson and improving PSO2 with time.
    Well worded. The atmosphere of PSO1, each level felt like more of an adventure visually, and the ambience, the way the sounds blended over the gameplay is something I haven't thought of but now the nostalgia is flowing.
    Last edited by Kitora; Feb 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

How come people always bring up PSO's jungle alone? A jungles a jungle.... Hell psu had a lot too. But i always thought mountains and beach areas stood out 100x more...

Or are people talkin about all three when they just say jungle...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    How come people always bring up PSO's jungle alone? A jungles a jungle.... Hell psu had a lot too. But i always thought mountains and beach areas stood out 100x more...

Or are people talkin about all three when they just say jungle...
    I'm not sure but PSO's jungle was leagues better than anything in PSU

<3

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    I'm not sure but PSO's jungle was leagues better than anything in PSU

<3
    Oh.... Kay? I'm comparing two pso areas though.

Also your name is flsme, what do you know about creativity! D<

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Oh.... Kay? I'm comparing two pso areas though.

Also your name is flsme, what do you know about creativity! D<
    Don't get me started on your old names.

Quote Originally Posted by supersonix9 View Post
    gotta cross it though
    Yeah I think you just did O_o