Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

If it does bother them, then they're the kind of person I want to feel bothered.

Dazzit.

Buy the mixtape.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I've had a run-in with rather wanna-get-to-know-you JP players. And to be honest, they're quite friendly, despite the fact that I was an english player. I just said, in japanese, "I'm afraid I know little japanese. I speak english, and my autowords are english. Are you okay with me turning them on?" And they're like "Yeah, sure", and they really speak in english for the rest of the time the party's together. I usually play alone, unless invited in an MPA, and I just remain quiet, and lend a hand.
    Ship 02

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

I only talked to one JP player, and all he said was that he liked the screenshots I post on the Tumbles

Quote Originally Posted by Redboigoi View Post
    Yeah.. and PSO dreamcast days. I made so many long time friends from PSO DC days..Like some of them asked for my address and sent me game books and all. lol
    Aw, that's sweet lol

I remembered in JP PSU, they told me to get a new PC since they worried about me not getting any experience since I apparently lagged so much, lol.
    I still play with Japanese players, but I wish I knew more Japanese. Since it just seems slightly awkward.

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

I join quite a few Japanese rooms for AQs. I always use my translated "I don't speak Japanese, is it all right if I play with you?" shortcut and I've only once been turned away. And in that instance, I'm not even 100% sure I was being turned away. Google Translate wasn't terribly clear, so I just assumed the worst.

I have not played the Japanese version of PSO2. I'm just waiting for the US version so I cant really reminisce on any experiences I have had with the players but if the community is anything like the Dreamcast community I don't see why they would be upset. Ive played a lot of online games and the people I have met while played PSO have always been the best.

No one cares. If they did, we wouldn't be in the game.

The free to play model brings in a wide spectrum of people. Because of that, there are hackers taking residence and countless bots being banned on a monthly basis. Some time ago, China was IP banned from the game due to the bots originating from Chinese IPs.

I will keep saying this as well, the ToS does forbid connecting to the server from outside Japan. It may not be as frowned upon in PSU, but there is quite a bit of dissent from the current Japanese population.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Sort of depends which ship you're on too.
    on 8: Not many people seemed to be bothered by non-japanese speakers entering in their parties (not that I do so myself; too scared), and if some JP player enters our party, it's generally "Greet, greet > Turn off autowords" (I have at least 1 autoword for each event so you could probably imagine) and basically be quiet for the rest of the run.

It doesn't bother me if some foreigner comes in and says "Can't speak english well, can i still come", it only bothers me if they turn out to be complete morons and idiots in combat, even if they are native-english-speakers.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

I'm bothered by the English speaking community being here

Like sure, they'd rather you speak Japanese but most people don't talk at all anyway. Though most of the ones who are bothered with it still wouldn't speak up, they'd rather just keep it to themselves and/or drop party.

Anyone who really doesn't want foreigners will set a Japanese password.

And it's not like speaking English automatically means you can't live within Japan.