Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2330313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I mean, take Affin. His name in katakana is アフィン. That is A FI N, pronounced somewhere between "afeen" and "affin." That leaves a LOT of options. Afin (the name in the vita credits), Affin (english patch), Affine fits too (google translate even spits this out). So would Affyn, Ahfin, Af'in, the list goes on.
    Actually the english patch uses just "Afin", been like that for months already.

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonia View Post
    Actually, when I proofed this, I just took it as Fourier getting his name wrong.

I mean... that's why she's asking. If someone who's played the scene tells me she says "Afin" I'll make sure it's in the update, but it's difficult to know sometimes if you haven't yet played that scene.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Mar 9, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Affine was a name that the main patch was considering using because it's a geometry term and kind of fits with the theme of some of the other names, but they ened up going with Afin because it seems to fit the character better. Anyways the only reason that spelling is in there is because Qwerty put it in there to test it out and I never really changed it back. So Afin is the way it should be.

Here's the names Sega had in the data:
    Zeno, Echo, Afin, Xion, Patty, Tiea, Oza, Marlur, Risa, Jan, Reda, Chroto, Filia, Matoi, Gettemhult, Melfonseana, Jig, Rojio, Fourie, Aki, Right, Hi En, Hi Roga, Ko Riu, Ko Rera, Ro Kamitsu, Regius, Maria, Sarah, Clariskrays, Huey, Casra, Theodor, Ulc, Quna
    Mostly about the same, but the ones being used in the English patch definitely seem more natural. I mean Clariskrays, Regius, Melfonseana,Right. Are you kidding me? Like Gigawuts said katakana is mostly approximate, I'm pretty much content to stick with what the english patch is using and not fret over small stylistic changes.

As for a progress update, I have the next four Shion conversations for the latest content complete. I'm working on Chapter 9 now which I'm doing blind. A video would be extremely helpful to double check. And I'll move on to Chapter 10 tomorrow.

I've heard rumors about stability issues with patch 0.36, so Caledonia has been helping me start out from scratch. I got the latest file list from Agrajag and we've been taking our time to meticulously copy everything over so that there aren't any problems in any new releases. My main goal is to try to have everything done as close to March 27th as possible, but we'll have to see.

I'm looking for more translators to help out with getting more content out. For things like autowords or lobby chat only require basic japanese ability and you could probably almost use google translate, or Weblio to look up words you don't know. If anyone would be interested in trying something, send me a PM or write in this thread what you'd like to work on and I can send you a sample of what's in the game data.

Another thing that would help is more videos, of either the new vita content or any as of yet untranslated matter boards or blue tablets, or the Arks Battle Festa. I have all of the text on hand, but it makes it a lot easier to go through if I can see what they character's are doing, and what their expressions are doing it. Then I can just copy and paste those translations into the appropriate areas. Also i've been getting a lot of requests for missions that people have already complete. Maronji has gotten up to chapter 3, so taking videos of chapter 3+ matterboard and story missions with the english patch applied for others to view would also be pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    I mean Clariskrays, Regius, Melfonseana,Right. Are you kidding me?
    In the latest version of the english patch, they changed a few of the names to match the credits... :\
    The following NPCs have been renamed:
    Shion->Xion
    Uruk->Ulc (reversion of previous change)
    Legias->Regius
    Kasura->Casra

I guess there's that then. And I mention to Agrajag on chat that Ulc looked better than Uruk and he turned me down before. :| Anyways, I'll do a replace all for those name to make them match.

Another blue tablet in Matter Board 8 with Kuroto (Clotho? I don't remember the English name):
    Spoiler!

", there's till too many." -> ", there's still too many."

This time it's with Patty and Tia
    Spoiler!

"this maybe worth investigating some more. -> "this may be worth investigating some more."
    Also in the same Event Field:
    Patty: "No mater how you look at them..." -> "No matter how you look at them..."

Spoiler!

Shouldn't this be: "Don't you think people should do something other than fighting?"

Also why are there sometimes quotation marks and sometimes not?
    Last edited by IndigoNovember; Mar 11, 2013 at 02:56 AM.

The scene after fighting Dark Falz, translated-

I'm plowing through Matterboard 11, I'll record the Arks Battle fest thing if it helps!

I'll get Chapter 9 and Chapter 10 (the story quests) done later. It will be in picture format if that's not a problem, unless someone can tell me how to take videos on the Vita.

Dunno if I can replay 9-1 though. I'll probably rush through the Matter Board on my other character so I can get all of MB9/10 done for you.

Also, Kuna has conversations similar to the conversations with Matoi and Philia. I'll try and get those too.

I found these two for the Arks Battle Festa, so I'll get on them. If anyone with with sick google-fu skills can find more videos that works too.

Has compatibility been checked with this update? It's a very small update so I imagine nothing was changed, but seeing as backing up and restoring is a pain, I'm just curious if this has been worked out already.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Has compatibility been checked with this update? It's a very small update so I imagine nothing was changed, but seeing as backing up and restoring is a pain, I'm just curious if this has been worked out already.
    Neither the story patch or the large files pack is affected by the update, but looks like one of the files from the core english patch has been updated.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Mar 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM.