Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

First PSO2, Now Aliens:CM for Wii U. Granted I realize that Aliens was in the hands of a different developer and Sega was just the publisher (and technically it was a total flop as well), but something just doesn't feel right about this whole situation of no comment until the 11th hour of when a game is due. If they intended to cancel it after the reviews came in, why not announce it earlier? It makes me wonder if there's some kind of serious restructuring going on at SOA or if they might soon be closing their doors if their management can't keep up.
    Last edited by PrinceBrightstar; Apr 6, 2013 at 08:08 PM.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

It's possible they (although unlikely) they're waiting for EP2. If they are, I'd wish they come out and say it.

Conspiracy theory:
    What if SoJ Delays the implementation of Episode 2
    At the same time SoA announces the localised release date of PSO2?
    And then Ep2 implementation + localised release occur on the same day!?

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

But only Ep1 gets localized?

>_> I didnt even know this WAS getting localized. I dunno about you guys.

but my friends who play MMORPgs probably would just get pissed if they release it with no endgame or content. I think english people might have higher standards for mmos than japanese ;x lol

if they released the game as is.. in america. It would be trouble. they should maybe localize ep 1 & 2 at once?

Pretty sure this is what everyone is thinking while waiting...

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by emily05 View Post
    >_> I didnt even know this WAS getting localized. I dunno about you guys.

but my friends who play MMORPgs probably would just get pissed if they release it with no endgame or content. I think english people might have higher standards for mmos than japanese ;x lol

if they released the game as is.. in america. It would be trouble. they should maybe localize ep 1 & 2 at once?
    I remember reading an editorial that most gaming companies are catering towards the casual playerbase rather than the hardcore.

Getting pissed if not released without end-game/content? depends on what you classify as end-game.
    And if that's all that matters to you......well, I won't bother.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

I don't know, I think that localizing Episode 1 in full would be an acceptable starting point. It would be more of a problem if they released it before Episode 1 was finished and we ended up having to deal with SoA bungling the content drip again.

American MMO consumers tend to prefer big content updates rather than the content drip JP PSO has going on. I could see Episode 1 being released stateside, and then a year or so later getting Episode 2.

PSO2 as it was when it was first released would have never flown in the states, there just wasn't enough content and people are impatient. Not so much now, I think.

I dream of a PSO2 on steam with steam wallet integration. Hear that Sega? It would sell itself. A week or so on Steam's front page and PSO2 would be golden. It wouldn't be the first F2P MMO to find success on Steam, and Sega has been putting most of there stuff on Steam these days.

ok seriously how can they delay a game without having a release date it just doest make sene

Quote Originally Posted by hovsep56 View Post
    ok seriously how can they delay a game without having a release date it just doest make sene

Because Sega.