Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast

You'll see later on. Techer has a ton of extra SP. Think of stuff like TB and EA as gears. the things you get because they're basically free and enhance performance.

EA is not great, but for 1SP there absolutely no reason not to get it.

You'll also find as you play that tossing out a shifta takes almost no time at all(max out flame tech S charge) and throwing out 2 before a boss teleporter is a gimme.

It's not worth more than 1 point, but it's silly not to put 1 in.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

I think i made a decision about builds but i would like a confirmation that I didn't missunderstand the RA/HU "dedicated HU tree" concept, how far is it dedicated for instance. I would like some help to figure what else can the HU tree be made for, the original and the alternative IronWill one.

What i precisly mean is, if i wanna do something with this HU tree, what is it most likely to be? I'm not sure i'm clear but this is about blindly going into this RA/HU build without worrying too, too much, because i'm having a hard time trying to analyse all the different combinaisons to save AC trees. I would like to be able to say, " I go into RA/HU, but my HU tree will also be used for " XXX ", even if it's not very optimised i'll still be able to enjoy the class "

Atm i play a Human Female but i wouldn't bother you with anything too specific, i already did and i should be able to figure out how to spend my stats skills so i can equipe what i want. What i'm worried about is the basic toolkits of those class. I don't know the different classes well and i would like to find the most "general" decision possible, withing reasonnable viability of course.

Do you think you can find a simple answer to that? Thank you, meanwhile i'll just continue checking all the HU tree and compare them but i lack Ingame experience.

Of course if you tell me there is no blindly (again, within reasonnable) going into a build i'll understand, but maybe there is so i ask just in case.

Edit : Erf i found another way to look at this that could solve a lot of my issues therefore making my request a bit of an impulsive request but, if you enlightened that particular point i'll gain some time and that would confirm some things to me. Although i think i can do it alone now, i'm still not sure yet.
    Last edited by Zaven; Apr 13, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

before reset i took pure lightning tree with maxed tech charge and lv 5 JA tech
    but now zonde has been nerf and i didnt quite like how the damage become after it

after i try max fire tree with my 2nd FO tree, i realize how fast and powerfull fire family if it was all maxed. problem is with my old "lol zonde spam" playstyle i can't stand the PP consume on fire family tech.

so here is my planned FO/TE tree after reset.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...FeKJ24Q5fb0000

as you can see i took hybrid path on FO.

im still pondering on my FO tree:
    i know the fire/lightning tech performance will definitely weaker than my previous pure lightning/fire maxed tree
    but will i be gimped with this half/half build?

also if you look there, i still have 1 more skill pts on my FO tree
    is it better to put it on JA tech adv so it become lv 9?
    or should i put it on rare 10* mastery?

as for TE tree, i think im already satisfied with it
    its just a matter of either upping wind or holy mastery for me.
    i choose holy since i think holy will be more usefull with fighting darker enemy, especialy with element week hit maxed.

but if there any advice for TE tree, i will very much appreciate it
    Last edited by Alma; Apr 13, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaven View Post
    I think i made a decision about builds but i would like a confirmation that I didn't missunderstand the RA/HU "dedicated HU tree" concept, how far is it dedicated for instance. I would like some help to figure what else can the HU tree be made for, the original and the alternative IronWill one.
    The dedicated sub means it's great for Ranger, but not as good the other way around, like for leveling or with Fighter.

The pure damage boost Hunter build forgoes weapon Gears, Just Guard, Step Attack, and defensive options like Automate or Iron Will. These are all very good skills for a melee Hunter, but not for a Ranger.

You can definitely have a very powerful Ra/Hu by just taking the balanced melee Hu/Fi build and joining them together. You can switch to Hunter without missing out on anything, and your Ranger will still gain a lot from the sub even if you don't use melee weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    before reset i took pure lightning tree with maxed tech charge and lv 5 JA tech
    but now zonde has been nerf and i didnt quite like how the damage become after it

so here is my planned FO/TE tree after reset.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...FeKJ24Q5fb0000

as you can see i took hybrid path on FO.

im still pondering on my FO tree:
    i know the fire/lightning tech performance will definitely weaker than my previous pure lightning/fire maxed tree
    but will i be gimped with this half/half build?

also if you look there, i still have 1 more skill pts on my FO tree
    is it better to put it on JA tech adv so it become lv 9?
    or should i put it on rare 10* mastery?

but if there any advice for TE tree, i will very much appreciate it
    Well I'd highly suggest maxing Flame S Charge, otherwise just go pure Bolt. Zonde is still pretty good after the nerf, along with Sazonde and Zondeel. The faster casting really makes a difference though, unless the extra damage is just enough to kill things in one shot.

If you use a mix of elements (Fire/Bolt/Light) then you shouldn't run out of PP too fast. Consider taking PP Convert to lv6 if you use a lot of fire techs. Otherwise use a gunslash to regain PP quickly from a distance.

Rare Mastery only works if it's on your main class. If you go Te/Fo, you won't get the bonus. But one point in it is pretty good, and may be better than the extra 1% you'd get from Tech JA.

Has anyone tried maxing Step Advance? I was wondering how it exactly worked.

At level 10, Step Advance gives you 0.2s extra invincibility frames, but how exactly? The Japanese Wiki says that it makes your step motion longer. Does that mean you step further and if so, what becomes of the timing for step attack?

Also, is Step Advance stackable if you level it for both hunter and fighter?

Thanks in advance.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

it doesn't affect the step animation at all. the "length" they're referring to is the time during a step in which you can't be hit. There's no reason to go past 4...really no reason to go past 3. The window isn't that much bigger, and if you step through an attack, it can't hit you. So rather than try to lengthen that window, just learn the timing for your dodge.

Those 7 points can be put to much more productive things.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    You'll see later on. Techer has a ton of extra SP. Think of stuff like TB and EA as gears. the things you get because they're basically free and enhance performance.

EA is not great, but for 1SP there absolutely no reason not to get it.

You'll also find as you play that tossing out a shifta takes almost no time at all(max out flame tech S charge) and throwing out 2 before a boss teleporter is a gimme.

It's not worth more than 1 point, but it's silly not to put 1 in.
    A team member I know told me that maxing Elemental Weak Hit and Light mastery 1 would somewhat better.
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

I'm thinking of resetting my GU/RA trees. I don't know which skill I should max out first for RA, Standing Snipes or Killing Bonus? Which would be more useful while leveling? (Lv 49 atm)

JP PSO2 - Ship 2 & 4 | Player ID: Kayarine
    Kayarine | Σ-18 | クロウ | Alexander | シロナ | 【敗者】 | サガ
    テオドール | マトイ | アウロラ | ピエトロ | ブリュー・リンガーダ | ジン

Anyone else able to view the recently updated Skill Sim.?

The "Hu/Fi 2 (No Iron Will - Bigger damage, less survival.)" build seems to have an extra two points in S-ATK Up. Was this intentional?

Edit: And can I ask a question about the color coding on the Fighter skill tree? S-DEF Up is in red, but HP Up is gray. What makes HP Up so much worse than S-DEF Up?
    Last edited by Rayden; Apr 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM.